View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 994 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 494894944984990991992993994995996997998100410441094 ... LastLast
Results 14,896 to 14,910 of 16973
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Eh not sure how much of a nightmare is inheritance a million dollar business then killing your crap dad is but yeah okay.
    EDIT: oh I forgot Bobby did actually talk him down while connected through Emma's TP so yeah I can see them forming a bond....but I still stand by my snark
    Except you're kinda skating over him being physically abused by his own father and forced into conversation therapy, and then being locked away for years, and held prisoner by his own powers manifesting the emotional damage done by his father and the conversation therapy quacks into a super-powered ghost of his father. I think that falls pretty firmly into "nightmare" territory.

Inheriting the family fortune (although Emma was the one needing to run it while Christian got his head screwed back on straight) and abusive ********* daddy being worm food is just the happy ending once the nightmare is done.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Agents Of Wakanda #5 - Deadpool guest stars, and so do the Livewires. There is a moment where Social Butterfly is able to influence Roz Solomon with her pheromone emitters. Not sure if Social Butterfly is normally able to affect straight women with her pheromones or not, or if this might imply something about Roz?

Marauders #5 - this thread has already had discussion of the Iceman/Christian Frost scene. Shinobi Shaw is also involved in this issue.

Tarot #1 - Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) appears in this story, set in the days of the classic Defenders line-up. No acknowledgement of her bisexuality, but I wouldn't expect there to be in this context.

Thor #1 - Loki

Anything else?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #7

Excalibur #3 - Rictor makes his first appearance in the book and apparently is having problems with his powers.

Marauders #3 - this book just keeps getting gayer. Now Shinobi Shaw has been added to the cast, and it looks like there's some drama and hidden agendas brewing there.

As always, if I missed something please let me know.
    From page 986.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ussion/page986

Dr. Annabelle Riggs and Lisa Halloran(the woman who dated america chavez) are in the Valkyrie: Jane Foster books by the way.
    You could check for appearances in the books and other appearances here.
    Valkyrie: Jane Foster Vol 1 5
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Valky...Foster_Vol_1_5
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lisa_...an_(Earth-616)
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Annab...gs_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by mace11; 01-05-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

A new trailer for New Mutants is out and there's this moment between Rahne and Dani that seems to corroborate with the rumors that they would be a couple, which just makes me wonder, again, why didn't they use Karma if they wanted queer representation? I mean, don't get me wrong, the representation is welcome, but it would be like doing an Alpha Flight movie without Northstar, only to turn two straight members of the team into a couple. The change itself doesn't bother me, but it feels like it comes at the expense of the already existing queer character, which is... weird.

Whatever, I guess. I'm not getting too attached to this franchise, as I don't see it having much future anyway.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-06-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    A new trailer for New Mutants is out and there's this moment between Rahne and Dani that seems to corroborate with the rumors that they would be a couple, which just makes me wonder, again, why didn't they use Karma if they wanted queer representation? I mean, don't get me wrong, the representation is welcome, but it would be like doing an Alpha Flight movie without Northstar, only to turn two straight members of the team into a couple. The change itself doesn't bother me, but it feels like it comes at the expense of the already existing queer character, which is... weird.

Whatever, I guess. I'm not getting too attached to this franchise, as I don't see it having much future anyway.
    Telepathy is a game breaker power, overall. More than that, Karma wasn't with the original team much, especially not for the demon bear arc.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Telepathy is a game breaker power, overall. More than that, Karma wasn't with the original team much, especially not for the demon bear arc.
    It's not like she's a Charles Xavier or Jean Grey level telepath, so I don't see the big deal. Plus, they could tone down her abilities by focusing on specific sub-powers that she has, like the mind possession thing. It doesn't seem like most of the kids in the film are even that experienced with their powers, so there's no reason why they couldn't find a way to work hers into the story in a reasonable way.

And I mean, sure, Karma wasn't exactly the highlight of the original team, but it's not like they had to do everything like in the comics. The fact that a Rahne/Dani romance might even happen clearly shows they have no problem with changing things from the source material. So why not give her a role in the movie if they wanted some queer rep and the team HAD a queer character in the comics? Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    If the enemy was a regular person, then I’d maybe understand that. But a young Karma who isn’t fully in control of her powers versus a psychic entity could’ve easily made her powerset work without it feeing broken.

Astonishing Member

Exactly. Its strange.

The only thing that makes sense to me is if they were worried about the cast being too big so they cut Karma as being the most expendable/least prominent member of the classic team, but they didn't want to lose the LGBT representation so they transferred it over to a different character(s) instead. But even at that, its still just strange.

Ultimate Member

It's not like she's a Charles Xavier or Jean Grey level telepath, so I don't see the big deal. Plus, they could tone down her abilities by focusing on specific sub-powers that she has, like the mind possession thing.
    I always felt that the best 'fix' for Karma's powerset is to make it take a lot of focus on her part and be resistable, so that she's darn near helpless when mind controlling someone else. The workaround is for her to have picked up some fighting and crime skills working for uncle Nguyen, and learn a 'fast and dirty' version of her power that doesn't so much control another person, as short circuits *their own* control, leaving them bonelessly flopping around in a seizure on the floor. It's not as elegant as making them zip-tie their hands and walk to the police station reciting a confession, but it also doesn't require to stand around with her hand on her temple for five minutes, like a giant target.

The downside is that all this 'asian psychic ninja with a mind-disrupting attack' stuff was instead given to Psylocke, for some unfathomable reason.

Ultimate Member

It's not like she's a Charles Xavier or Jean Grey level telepath, so I don't see the big deal. Plus, they could tone down her abilities by focusing on specific sub-powers that she has, like the mind possession thing. It doesn't seem like most of the kids in the film are even that experienced with their powers, so there's no reason why they couldn't find a way to work hers into the story in a reasonable way.

And I mean, sure, Karma wasn't exactly the highlight of the original team, but it's not like they had to do everything like in the comics. The fact that a Rahne/Dani romance might even happen clearly shows they have no problem with changing things from the source material. So why not give her a role in the movie if they wanted some queer rep and the team HAD a queer character in the comics? Sounds like a no-brainer to me.
    Power level of a telepath doesn't much matter when there's only one. She has a passive aggressive power that's really all or nothing, isn't that great a visual. I'm not surprised they didn't use her, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The downside is that all this 'asian psychic ninja with a mind-disrupting attack' stuff was instead given to Psylocke, for some unfathomable reason.
    Shan was introduced in the 80s, and was there for the first few issues of New Mutants. She almost immediately left to return to South Asia

There, she was kidnapped, mind-controlled, physically transformed, and exploited by villains of the X-Men. She reappeared in the 90s completely different, and again immediately returned to comics limbo. In the 00s she was used for a few storylines. Now she's back and with a new team.

Karma should have always been Kwannon.

Lesbian icon.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-07-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Bluergh.

Homophobic were-thing Rahne doesn't deserve any role in that couple.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Northstar's the newest 4-star character in Marvel Puzzle Quest.

"Famous athlete, wildly successful entrepreneur, devoted husband, and speedster member of super hero team Alpha Flight, Jean-Paul Beaubier is an icon in his home country of Canada.

Cuuuuuuute! I love when artists add the sexy toning of the chin/jaw area. Has me wondering what Jean Paul would look like bearded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Exactly. Its strange.

The only thing that makes sense to me is if they were worried about the cast being too big so they cut Karma as being the most expendable/least prominent member of the classic team, but they didn't want to lose the LGBT representation so they transferred it over to a different character(s) instead. But even at that, its still just strange.
    Riiiiight....I kinda forgot about this....this whole movie seems to be a poopy mess
    GrindrStone(D)