View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 999 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899959969979989991000100110021003100910491099 ... LastLast
Results 14,971 to 14,985 of 16971
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1221112512378298371

I love the way Anthony is talking about Billy and Teddy's relationship on Empyre. Definitely sounds like it won't be just a footnote on the story. I wonder how much of the Emperor Hulkling one-shot will impact the main event.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Atlantis Attacks #1 of 5 - Giant-Man and Issac both appear in this issue, but only briefly.
    You can tell how ultra behind everything comicwise I am, as in spite of following the Agents of Atlas and its related books, one of my favorite new things from Marvel that's still a thing right now, I was (pleasantly) surprised to find out about Issac Ikeda being Bi/Poly when I read Atlantis Attacks #1 not long ago. It's just more awesome to the awesomeness of Issac Ikeda's character (guy was cool from the moment his character design was introduced). Raz having someone in his romantically is also good to know for someone like me who had been following the character throughout his scattered appearances since his debut a few years back. I distinctly recall how sad it was for the character when it was revealed that Raz's boyfriend, of whom was shown to be very close to him during his debut story, had been callously revealed to have dumped Raz when we saw Raz again in a story tie-in that was meant to lead into Secret Empire's events; I'm happy Raz has found a hopefully permanent home in Pan amongst its heroes, and also someone he can explore a romantic interest in again with Issac.

Speaking of things I was/still am behind the loop about, looking forward to the Teddy-centricness of the upcoming comics! I'm confused but intrigued by what Teddy's reasons are and what the catalyst is for suddenly doing what it had been floatingly implied he has been deliberately avoiding up until now and embracing his role as King of Space. In some of the text-less previews (and certainly some of the covers), it almost feels like Teddy's a different person. It's certainly a side we don't have the chance to see of him as only just Billy's boyfriend/fiance, and I don't know how much time was meant to pass since he left for space. But in those previews, Teddy sure seemed to take fast to a young Princely/Kingly demeanor. (If nothing else, he fits right in and handsomely from a visual perspective.) Again, I wonder what the reasons behind all of this is? (Read somewhere that [spoilers:
    ]his armada is coming to Earth to fight a villain there, but other heroes assume it's because he's there to conquer Earth instead and prepare for the worst. Not sure how true that is, if that's speculation, how well-read that speculation is,[
    end of spoilers] or if that's meant to be a spoiler or not, though.)

Then there's that surprisingly epic-looking pic of Teddy's (shirtless!) visage underneath that of his biological parents.

EDIT: There was something else Teddy-related I wanted to mention, but it has since slipped my mind...
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-26-2020 at 11:25 PM.

So, the arabic kid who I speculated would be the kid of the gay couple from Eternals (since they cast an arabic gay man for a role in the movie that is heavily speculated to be the husband of one of the Eternals) apparently had an exchange with someone on Instagram and he said he plays a character whose father is killed.......... and now I'm hoping my speculation about him being the son of the gay couple is wrong, 'cause it would suck for Marvel to introduce a gay couple only to kill one of them in the same damn movie.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Speaking of things I was/still am behind the loop about, looking forward to the Teddy-centricness of the upcoming comics! I'm confused but intrigued by what Teddy's reasons are and what the catalyst is for suddenly doing what it had been floatingly implied he has been deliberately avoiding up until now and embracing his role as King of Space. In some of the text-less previews (and certainly some of the covers), it almost feels like Teddy's a different person. It's certainly a side we don't have the chance to see of him as only just Billy's boyfriend/fiance, and I don't know how much time was meant to pass since he left for space. But in those previews, Teddy sure seemed to take fast to a young Princely/Kingly demeanor. (If nothing else, he fits right in and handsomely from a visual perspective.) Again, I wonder what the reasons behind all of this is? (Read somewhere that [spoilers:
    ]his armada is coming to Earth to fight a villain there, but other heroes assume it's because he's there to conquer Earth instead and prepare for the worst. Not sure how true that is, if that's speculation, how well-read that speculation is,[
    end of spoilers] or if that's meant to be a spoiler or not, though.)

Then there's that surprisingly epic-looking pic of Teddy's (shirtless!) visage underneath that of his biological parents.

EDIT: There was something else Teddy-related I wanted to mention, but it has since slipped my mind...
    Nothing has been confirmed so far, but yeah, what you posted under the spoiler tag is more or less what I expect will happen. I think everything will make sense in the end and Teddy won't be the big bad of this at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, the arabic kid who I speculated would be the kid of the gay couple from Eternals (since they cast an arabic gay man for a role in the movie that is heavily speculated to be the husband of one of the Eternals) apparently had an exchange with someone on Instagram and he said he plays a character whose father is killed.......... and now I'm hoping my speculation about him being the son of the gay couple is wrong, 'cause it would suck for Marvel to introduce a gay couple only to kill one of them in the same damn movie.
    We'll have to wait and see it all in context. I get what you're saying in terms of killing off a gay character so quickly...but in context it may be one of those "superhero origin" deaths, where the death of a loved one (supporting character) is what spurs the primary character to avenge them, or seek revenge, etc. We've seen plenty of examples of that sort of thing with straight characters, so it should be fair game with the gay ones too.

Geez if they did that I would have to find a new hobby haha

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I don't think they're going to kill-off the gay character or his husband. Assuming that the kid is the child of the gay couple I think his biological father is killed and then he's adopted by the gay Eternal. Allegedly the Eternals either can't have their own children or they're forbidden to have their own children biologically , so I think the gay couple's child will be adopted.

Astonishing Member

Nothing has been confirmed so far, but yeah, what you posted under the spoiler tag is more or less what I expect will happen. I think everything will make sense in the end and Teddy won't be the big bad of this at all.
    Ah, okay. And yeah, that speculation makes sense, hype-dressing aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    We'll have to wait and see it all in context. I get what you're saying in terms of killing off a gay character so quickly...but in context it may be one of those "superhero origin" deaths, where the death of a loved one (supporting character) is what spurs the primary character to avenge them, or seek revenge, etc. We've seen plenty of examples of that sort of thing with straight characters, so it should be fair game with the gay ones too.
    I'd say it would be fair game if we had as many gay couples as straight couples in those movies, but since they're only starting with that kind of representation NOW, is it really the best idea to do that kind of trope with their first openly gay couple ever? Even if it's not their intention, it would just lead to a gay character who doesn't get to be in a relationship, while the movie will have yet another straight relationship at the center of the story (Sersi/Dane).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I don't think they're going to kill-off the gay character or his husband. Assuming that the kid is the child of the gay couple I think his biological father is killed and then he's adopted by the gay Eternal. Allegedly the Eternals either can't have their own children or they're forbidden to have their own children biologically , so I think the gay couple's child will be adopted.
    I hope this is the case. Another thing that I saw is that the actor also said he only plays the role in flashbacks and someone else will play his character later on, so I guess it's also possible that the kid is playing a younger version of the alleged gay husband.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I'd say it would be fair game if we had as many gay couples as straight couples in those movies, but since they're only starting with that kind of representation NOW, is it really the best idea to do that kind of trope with their first openly gay couple ever? Even if it's not their intention, it would just lead to a gay character who doesn't get to be in a relationship, while the movie will have yet another straight relationship at the center of the story (Sersi/Dane).

I hope this is the case. Another thing that I saw is that the actor also said he only plays the role in flashbacks and someone else will play his character later on, so I guess it's also possible that the kid is playing a younger version of the alleged gay husband.
    Yeah, I'd definitely be pissed if they immediately kill-off one of the first gay superheroes in a MCU movie.

And I never thought about the possibility that the teen actor might be playing a younger version of Haaz Sleiman's character, who is presumably the gay character's husband.

I'm sorry but am I tripping or did Deadpool and Iceman. Hook up in his THE END Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm sorry but am I tripping or did Deadpool and Iceman. Hook up in his THE END Issue?

Last edited by Anduinel; 01-29-2020 at 09:22 PM.

I cannot believe pages this absolutely kino got printed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

OMFG! Not the kind of couple I think it would work on the main universe, but I'm fine with it being an AU thing. This is probably the most queer Deadpool has ever been portrayed, and I love the fact that it was written by Joe Kelly, who was basically THE writer who made Deadpool the character he is today, so it's impossible for any dudebro to try and dismiss this as ''a modern writer trying to ruin the character.''

This is a good first step for Marvel. Now let's hope they have the balls to make 616 Deadpool express his pansexuality just as explicitly.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-29-2020 at 10:33 PM.

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...era-exclusive/

Now they're saying Sera will appear on Loki. I have no idea where all of those casting news are coming from, but gosh, I really hope they're true. Those Disney+ shows have so much potential for good representation.

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...era-exclusive/

Now they're saying Sera will appear on Loki. I have no idea where all of those casting news are coming from, but gosh, I really hope they're true. Those Disney+ shows have so much potential for good representation.
    Well, I feel like at least one of them has to be fake...