Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What If Wonder Woman was Gotham's premier Hero?

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that Batman doesn't exist in this universe.

Diana decides in this universe to make Gotham her base of operations.

How does she go about cleaning it up?

If there is no Batman, who says Gotham doesn't work itself out just fine?

BANNED

Some would say that Batman's presence has contributed to all the psychos that inhabit Gotham.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Based on Sensation Comics, I thought Wonder Woman was Gotham's premier hero.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Diana needs a base of operations that isn't Themyscira.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Diana blazes through Gotham in a single night and locks up every villain and crime boss? She uses the Lasso to root out corrupt cops and government officials?

Any time a villain escapes from Arkham, he or she is quickly rounded up and thrown back in until they all eventually just give up and accept that they're no match for a hero of her prowess?

Pretty much how I see that going.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Diana blazes through Gotham in a single night and locks up every villain and crime boss? She uses the Lasso to root out corrupt cops and government officials?

Any time a villain escapes from Arkham, he or she is quickly rounded up and thrown back in until they all eventually just give up and accept that they're no match for a hero of her prowess?

Pretty much how I see that going.
    Though I suspect her own rogues such as those in the Olympian pantheon might follow her to Gotham leading to interesting possible team ups. An Ares empowered Bane maybe? "I shall break the Amazon!" Or we get gang warfare as never seen before in the city.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Diana needs a base of operations that isn't Themyscira.
    Actually I'm not sure she does. Wonderwoman could just as easily be a globe traveler who travels the world not staying in one place long enough have a permenent home. Having a city to call her own might help to solidify her supporting cast though.

BANNED

Isn't Diana London based? What's become of that, and why did she choose London? For that matter, does she have a British accent? Ah, the details we need to fill in when the author doesn't

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Isn't Diana London based? What's become of that, and why did she choose London? For that matter, does she have a British accent? Ah, the details we need to fill in when the author doesn't
    Writer ignored such details because there aren't many people who cared about that stuff and its not like Wonder Woman had her metroplis or gotham. I have never seen anyone ask Azzarello about such trivial things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Writer ignored such details because there aren't many people who cared about that stuff and its not like Wonder Woman had her metroplis or gotham. I have never seen anyone ask Azzarello about such trivial things.
    Why so serious?!?

BANNED

Joker would have been be-headed a long time ago.

Diana's world would follow her and the magical world would be an even bigger problem in Gotham. the crime and magic would probably mix in a way that would make the trouble their unrecognizable.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Some would say that Batman's presence has contributed to all the psychos that inhabit Gotham.
    Yeah, but the B:TAS episode Trial pretty much pointed that out to be BS. All his rogues turned to crime without his involvement. At most he inspired them to be more theatrical, but they'd be out in one form or another regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, but the B:TAS episode Trial pretty much pointed that out to be BS. All his rogues turned to crime without his involvement. At most he inspired them to be more theatrical, but they'd be out in one form or another regardless.
    I think the fact that writers sometimes portray these villains as committing crimes to get Bruce's attention contributes to that misconception.