Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Blade should have got the Grayson treatment. The way that man's body is drawn and paraded in that book is just embarrassing and great lol!.
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-12-2015 at 07:32 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It's kinda made even worse when you consider two things. 1. Secret Wars features a mini where Peter has a daughter and they teased us saying something of it would carry over. 2. They gave Deadpool a daughter. That's right Deadpool is allowed to have a kid when Spider-Man isn't.
    Spider-Woman's also randomly having a baby. But no babies for Peter, lol

BANNED

Meh, I guess I'll be skipping this. I'm not a fan of Grayson 007-lite. Why couldn't they have put Lemire or Soule on the book? I really like Blade too. Oh well, butter luck next time.

Those character designs look cool
    Looking forward to reading this potential awesome book.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think the character designs suck. I'll reserve judgement on the daughter since she's new. I'll give her the chance to win me over. I liked the last Blade solo ongoing and with Seeley on board I could like this one too.

this is a title that needed a big time artist

McNiven
    Deodato

or Tony Moore

this art is just pedestrian

No way in hell does this survive, but i guess Marvel doesn't care that we won't get epic runs anymore and are fine with series that
    last 6 or 12 issues, the TV season model (vomits)

i would love to read a Blade series of 40-50 issues with subplots and characters that grow or change and things that are introduced in issue 7 come back in issue 22 and we get a special double sized issue 25 or a chrome cover issue 50 ,LOL (sigh)

I'll admit that this actually hast interest, I've never read Blade as a solo series but I liked him in Mighty Avengers. Not to mention it might be interesting to see a father, daughter monster hunter team in the a Marvel Universe. I'll give the first few issues a try at least.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Blade to me has always been a guy with a single minded goal. Kill vampires. That's it. He wants revenge, and lots of it. But, after 50 or so years of revenge, he's starting to lose his edge. He's starting to forget why he hates vampires so much. Why he hates himself so much. And he's starting to wonder if there's more to "life" than what's he's been doing. So I'm picking up on what I always found frustrating about the character, and using it to go in a new direction. He's a half-vampire who can "walk in the day," but hasn't spent much time actually enjoying the sunshine.
    What? What is this? This is the norm for every character. All they do is fight their enemies continuously.
    How can he forget why he hates vamps?!??! He is half vamp?
    What is this?
    You found it frustration that a half vampire goes around killing vampires?

Seriously, why is this person writing this book?

My goal was to avoid vampires altogether,
    I mean, come on, not even an arc?

This is like the last Taskmaster series where they retcon the character and completely messed up what he is supposed to be.
    Or Bendis with Moonknight. Come on, Marvel, freaking promote the book, given time to breathe. Lower tier characters dont need a tremendous change of what they are to get people to read the book.

Blade lost a hand, was turned half white.... and now he wondering why he kills Vamps and has a daughter.
    How much stuff has Blade has to go through?

I'll wait till 616 resets and we get old Blade back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    What? What is this? This is the norm for every character. All they do is fight their enemies continuously.
    How can he forget why he hates vamps?!??! He is half vamp?
    What is this?
    You found it frustration that a half vampire goes around killing vampires?

Seriously, why is this person writing this book?

I mean, come on, not even an arc?

This is like the last Taskmaster series where they retcon the character and completely messed up what he is supposed to be.
    Or Bendis with Moonknight. Come on, Marvel, freaking promote the book, given time to breathe. Lower tier characters dont need a tremendous change of what they are to get people to read the book.

Blade lost a hand, was turned half white.... and now he wondering why he kills Vamps and has a daughter.

I'll wait till 616 resets and we get old Blade back.
    Because Blade has been doing it for over a century and it literally drove him insane. There are very few people that hate their enemies that much, there are also very few that have been as pigeon-holed into fighting a single type of enemy as Blade has over the past few years. This is what character growth looks like and it's a lot of what Blade was going through before the movie came out, it's nice to see a writer that actually gets who he was before Snipes.

If you want Blade killing vampires you can literally read every other blade story from the last 15 years, it's about time for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Would fans of Peter Parker be happy if he becomes a dad but doesn't get married?
    Honestly I wouldn't mind considering that we've seen Peter as a single father on Earth X and it's a realistic thing that could create some interesting stories especially if it was Annie from Renew Your Vows.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Well as someone who has never read any Blade, I am interested. I love Vampires and I love female characters. Supernatural comics are a favorite of mine, so I am sure to check this out. I love the art, and Tim Seely has always been a favorite of mine.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

...sixteen, seventeen... Fifteen's Avatar

I don't know if anyone else noticed this because I don't care to read through every page but it looks like Seeley's a fan of Attack On Titan judging by her vest.

I will say this again this is no longer a spit in the face to Blade fans. I am not looking out for the Ultimates, Squadron Supreme and this!

Glad they are moving away from vampires, because vampires as a threat are very small in the Marvel U and Blade has in a way has been stuck to them. Now his character an expand.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Considering he's always fought all kinds of monsters I good with this. I'm also glad he looks a, little less like Wesley snipes lol. Art in the sketches look good. I've always like blade just never collected a solo. I'm gonna get this. Should be fun. Seeley is a good writer.
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 07-13-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    The TV series is decent too. Doesn't feature Wesley Snipes but I'd say it's an improvement on how awful Trinity was.
    I believe that's called damning with faint praise. A drunk making shadow hand puppets in a gas station bathroom would be better than Blade 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Now that just made me angry. What? The comic book audience can't root for this guy unless he's half-white?