Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    I don't see how people thinking Blade was getting the Wolverine treatment was funny or unreasonable given all the other changes going on at Marvel.
    Because pretty much across the board, the instances of "The Wolverine treatment" we've seen have been to try and make their character line-up more diverse (Sam Wilson as the new Captain America, Laura Kinney as the new Wolverine, Amadeus Cho as the new Hulk, and so on). Making Else Bloodstone the new Blade would have done the exact opposite, so I'm sure the people at Marvel are aware that such a move would have gone over like a lead balloon.

Fallon looks cute, and sounds like a good character, and the new design for Blade looks interesting. New sword looks pretty awesome (and big) .

I haven't really read much Blade, but I think I might give this book a try .

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Its one of the 60, and son do yourself a favor and watch Blade 1 and 2.
    Heh, I've been meaning to buy the 4 Film Favorites: Blade Collection DVD for years. Might finally buy it with the new Blade comic coming out this October.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Wow this and Kelly & McGuinness on Spidey/ "Pool are the most perfect announcements for All-New All Different Marvel!

This is gonna be GREAT!!!

Was half-expecting Jubilee lol.

Will give this a shot though. I do like Seeley.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Heh, I've been meaning to buy the 4 Film Favorites: Blade Collection DVD for years. Might finally buy it with the new Blade comic coming out this October.
    The TV series is decent too. Doesn't feature Wesley Snipes but I'd say it's an improvement on how awful Trinity was.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

BANNED

I don't like the character designs or the fact that they're going non-vampire with it, but this looks interesting enough that I'll give it a shot. It's nice to see a book that doesn't have X-, Spider- or Avengers in the title anyway.

BANNED

when did blade stop being about hunting monsters and start being about him fighting against scientists doing typical comic booky freak experiments?

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    The TV series is decent too. Doesn't feature Wesley Snipes but I'd say it's an improvement on how awful Trinity was.
    I've actually never heard of anything from the Blade TV series. I don't think I've seen a single advertisement or commercial for it when it came out in 2006. Looks like it didn't last very long too.

I've wanted to watch the 2011 Blade anime series by Madhouse, along with the other Madhouse Marvel anime series. Besides the live-action films, is the Blade anime a good introduction to the character?
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Really against blade having a teenage daughter sidekick and not too big on the designs. I was hype when I saw that blade was getting an ongoing but not interested in this take.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    when did blade stop being about hunting monsters and start being about him fighting against scientists doing typical comic booky freak experiments?
    He's still fighting monsters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Blade was established as "anti-supernatural" in the Midnight Sons, way back in the 90s, the movies pigeon-holed him back into just a vampire guy though. This guy is on the right track with that.

I'm personally more interested in whether or not Fallon's daughter is an established character or not. Blade's had a few girlfriends. His first, I forget her name, is the most likely as she was said to cut Blade off for no reason in his second series and Blade never heard from her again.

Blade is one of those people like Wolverine where their past makes it very easy to retcon in lovers and offspring without it seeming as out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Great as if we haven't had enough Marvel heroes with children already.

Still, anything to make Blade interesting again would be this. Although I would have also thought that comparisons between Blade and Wolverine would surface as well.
    It's like 'You get a child! You get a child! Everybody gets their own child... except Spider-Man.'