Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

^^^I've been wondering the same too. Seems like the writers been ignoring that black has a white father because he still looks black. I'm confused.

Yeah adding a daughter and her so-so design aren't too promising but I really hope this works. I don't know how I can express just how much I loved the first Blade movie.

C'mon Marvel just give him that A-level push.

It's been a while since Blade was a major character. I like that Marvel is trying to give him a nudge back into the spotlight. I think the whole vampire craze we had with Twilight and True Blood burned a lot of people out on vampires, but it's passed now so the time is right to get Blade back in the picture. The inclusion of a teenage daughter adds a unique dynamic. I think the success of X-23 with Wolverine has shown that there is a place for that in the comics and it can be made to work. So I think this has a lot going for it already.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    My sense of the BLADE property has been that it's always been held back by being too myopically focused on vampires, so I think it's great that they're expanding to cover a range of monsters and enemies.

Looks fun!
    You'd be absolutely correct in this. As someone else said, the Vampire threat is not nearly as pervasive as most others in the MU. Even if they took the time to explore various vampire clans and their differences, they're still vampires. While their strengths may differ, their weaknesses are generally consistent.

I do wonder if Seeley will cameo some of the other vampires that were recently introduced to the MU, like Raizo and the Forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    ^^^I've been wondering the same too. Seems like the writers been ignoring that black has a white father because he still looks black. I'm confused.
    It's best the ignore it and it more than likely has been forgotten/softly reconed out & As It should be..

[QUOTE=Ceebiro;1349847]You'd be absolutely correct in this. As someone else said, the Vampire threat is not nearly as pervasive as most others in the MU. Even if they took the time to explore various vampire clans and their differences, they're still vampires. While their strengths may differ, their weaknesses are generally consistent.

I do wonder if Seeley will cameo some of the other vampires that were recently introduced to the MU, like Raizo and the
    I hope to never see Razio & Forgiven any where near Blade again...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    It's best the ignore it and it more than likely has been forgotten/softly reconed out & As It should be..
    i appreciate paul cornel for that, he essentially dealt with all the repercussions of that series in one arc and got it all out of the way.

I hope so. It was strange and not needed for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    i appreciate paul cornel for that, he essentially dealt with all the repercussions of that series in one arc and got it all out of the way.
    So Blade having a white father is retconed? Because again it was 1. not needed for the character. 2. It made everything confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    You'd be absolutely correct in this. As someone else said, the Vampire threat is not nearly as pervasive as most others in the MU.
    I was the one who said that.

Think about... Vampires don't have much of a role in the Marvel U, HECK the superhero/comic community in GENERAL. They're as insignificant as we humans are to the universe and thats big. lol In the Marvel U the heros have to deal with mutants who can warp universes, Beyonders, Aliens like the skrulls, Eternals, Celestials, superpowered villains, super intelligent villains like Doom, robots trying to take over the Earth like Ultron, demons, gods, Inhumans or people with extreme tech that can go one on one with Thor. Where do vampires fit into this??? Nowhere. Like I said their insignificant. The public of Marvel Earth are more concerned with Mutants than they are vampires. Shield are more concerned with some alien invasion than they are vampires existing.

Now we see why the Blade character has suffered. He was associated with and stuck to vampires. The only time Blade really appeared was when a story or event revolved around vampires. Blade would appear, but only acting as a janitor to clean up the vampire mess, "spill on aisle 3 Blade, clean it up". After that he would not appear.

Him no longer being only associated with vampires is best news I heard. The character can now expand more into the Marvel U.

Even if they took the time to explore various vampire clans and their differences, they're still vampires. While their strengths may differ, their weaknesses are generally consistent.
    I've never liked the vampire clans. It just felt like an attempt to pull in Vampire the Masquerade stuff in a world where it wasn't needed. Vampire the Masquerade gives vampires different powers in order to fit them into the Dungeons and Dragons archetypes of warrior, rogue, wizard, etc.

In comics, that isn't neccesary as the world is powerful enough that you can have every vampire have all the traditional vampire powers and it's not a game-breaker. Dracula can turn to mist, hypnotize people, control swarms of beasts, control the weather, massive healing-factor, and have superhuman strength and animalistic speed all at once and it's not a huge deal. In a Dungeons and Dragons-esque game it would be horribly broken. In a comic, it barely compensates for his severe weaknesses.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

[QUOTE=4sake Baned;1349950]
    You'd be absolutely correct in this. As someone else said, the Vampire threat is not nearly as pervasive as most others in the MU. Even if they took the time to explore various vampire clans and their differences, they're still vampires. While their strengths may differ, their weaknesses are generally consistent.

I do wonder if Seeley will cameo some of the other vampires that were recently introduced to the MU, like Raizo and the
    I hope to never see Razio & Forgiven any where near Blade again...
    There not using vampires at all.
    X-Men Forever

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=berserkerclaw;1350688]
    There not using vampires at all.
    probably for the first arc or two (hopefully this series gets multiple), but you can't have a blade series without dracula eventually. i like this better though, it allows the writer to really build up to that rather than having blade's biggest enemies right out of the gate.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Marvel is planning a Blade/Howling Commandos crossover for this upcoming run.

No Spitfire? They were a cute couple.

Who gives a shit if Blade is half white? That shouldn't matter.

BANNED

hopefully Seeley doesn't go too deep into changing what blade's been all about and tries to steer him as far from the supernatural as possible in favor of fighting typical superhero threats