Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Spider-Man Panel with Alonso, Zdarsky and More

Axel Alonso, Chip Zdarsky, Robbie Thompson and more gather at Comic-Con to talk the latest developments in the Spider-Man books and related series.

Full article here.

BANNED

Kra-Van. Oh, Chip.

"Spider-Man 2099 will be going back and forth from the present to the future"

Well that saves me some money, there is no point to having Miguel in the past and he already spent FAR to much time there in the previous series.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Did Alonso know that Bendis brought Ult. Pete back into the fold? Or am I missing something?

Amazing Member

And Still nothing about what the hell happend to the Scarlet Spider Kain Maaaaaan this is So sO lame !

So Miguel is now working for Parker Industries and Peter is a mentor to Miles. This is Spider-Man Incorporated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So Miguel is now working for Parker Industries and Peter is a mentor to Miles. This is Spider-Man Incorporated.
    But is Parker Industries sponsoring Spider-Gwen's next concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    "Spider-Man 2099 will be going back and forth from the present to the future"

Well that saves me some money, there is no point to having Miguel in the past and he already spent FAR to much time there in the previous series.
    I don't think it's a bad idea actually. It means PAD can continue the classic 2099 stories and the current Alchemax stories, though there is the worry that one-side may overwhelm the other. But I'm confident in PAD .

Interesting that Miguel is working with Parker Industries now. I wonder what happened with Alchemax and Liz?

"Cocky" Peter, and complicated relationships with women does not stir up a lot of optimism for the new run, even if I've been wanting a more confident Peter in 616 for a while now. Definitely curious about this surprise female character though and what the plan is for Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Did Alonso know that Bendis brought Ult. Pete back into the fold? Or am I missing something?
    Yeah, that was kinda odd.

I was wondering when we were going to get to the Spider-Gwen version of Osborn. Definitely interested to see how close, or different, he is to the 616 version and how much he'll be an antagonist for Gwen. I wonder if we'll see him before, or after, the flashback arc that it looks like they're doing post-Secret War?

So curious about what Thompson means about it not being what we think... I wonder if Silk doesn't actually turn to crime or it's all one big ruse/illusion? Maybe the cover isn't that indicative as to what Cindy actually does? Thompson says it'll be fun though, so I'm looking forward to it .

So Spidey is a new all-ages title about Peter's high school days, by Robbie Thompson? That sounds like it could be good, though if it's in-continuity, I wonder how much they can actually do in it?

The statement about MJ is curious, and not every hopeful as to her appearing in the new ASM book, so I wonder what this "fun" book is that she'll be turning up in?

Mighty Member

Could it be Invincible Iron Man as Tony' s new love interest?

Mighty Member

I wonder if Sajani, Anna Maris, and Clayton Cole will still be around.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Could it be Invincible Iron Man as Tony' s new love interest?
    I think Bendis confirmed she was a redhead, but that she was also smarter than Tony, and not to say MJ isn't smart or that she's dumb, but she's definitely not on the level of Tony/Reed/Hank et al.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Three guesses (or fan favorites) as to the "female character who will be an important part of Peter's life."
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ugh. if there's one thing that could turn me off on the Amazing Spider man, it's hearing that Norman osborn is back. I'm so sick of that guy. Spider Man 2099 is going to be jumping between the past and the future? That's not going to be too confusing... And I really wish Marvel would stop being so friggin' vague when describing their new books. I decided to pass on "The Sinister Silk" because it sounded like she was going bad, but now i don't know what to think. Was there mention of "Web Warriors" in there? i think there was, but it kind of skipped around , so I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    But is Parker Industries sponsoring Spider-Gwen's next concert?
    Shhh don't give away their next big project of expanding into the multiverse market.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Looking forward to the "All-New All-Different" versions of Norman Osborn in Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen.

The all-aged Spidey comic sounds interesting. I'd like to know who the artist will be, and what the art style will look like. I really hope each issue of Spidey will be 2.99, and that every single new Marvel comic launching this October and November won't be 3.99 or 4.99 without a single 2.99 comic in sight.

I'm also very interested in seeing what will become of Mary Jane after Renew Your Vows.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa