Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Venom Spaceknight? I can't think of any reason to use the spaceknight tag other than to take a dig at Hasbro/Idw.

Mighty Member

It could be aunt may

Oh yeas, Web Warriors news!

"Ham will be in this book"

Ok, what else!

"Moving on"

BANNED

Not interested in Peter becoming a cock. Seems they're just trying to tap further into his immaturity and making him embrace elements of his character that he outgrew a long time ago.
    Harry has been put off the bus though. About time.
    Mary Jane's fate seems tied in with Renew Your Vows...perhaps the 616 MJ has been killed and RYV Peter is dead, so this MJ takes over in the regular universe and raises Annie somewhere...maybe she hooks up with Iron Man as rumored since she's older and more experienced as a fighter having spent time in a SW warzone?

Geez Alonso, that answer to the Ultimate Peter/MJ question was kind of cold.

No news about Mayday and the MC2 characters?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPeril View Post
    Geez Alonso, that answer to the Ultimate Peter/MJ question was kind of cold.
    Suspiciously cold.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Suspiciously cold.
    I mean, for what it's worth, Ultimate Peter did end up getting his happy ending, literally driving off with Mary Jane into the sunset.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, for what it's worth, Ultimate Peter did end up getting his happy ending, literally driving off with Mary Jane into the sunset.
    And then their whole universe was obliterated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
    Venom Spaceknight? I can't think of any reason to use the spaceknight tag other than to take a dig at Hasbro/Idw.
    Didn't Disney make a deal or so with Hasbro awhile back ?

Also hasn't Marvel and Hasbro have an okay relationship with each other so far ?

So, remember when I said a few days back the following?

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Furthermore, we've seen what happens to Peter whenever he believes everything starts going his way, including Dan Slott's earlier "Big Time" stories prior to "Dying Wish." Not only does Peter start to become more cocky, he also starts becoming more complacent. And we saw what the end result of that was. Now he's been put into a situation in which he's extremely wealthy, is international celebrity both as Peter and Spider-Man, who will probably have all kinds of women throwing themselves at him as he hobs-nobs it with the rich and famous. How could Peter not think he has it made and doesn't have to worry about anything ever again? How could he, someone who was picked on all through high school, who people never gave him a fair shake, who always found himself in situations in which people thought the worst of him, not become incredibly smug and think "You all laughed at me as a kid, well who's laughing now?" How could he not become closer to what he was like he first started out as Spider-Man prior to his Uncle Ben being killed? Oh sure, he'll still be doing his whole "with great power comes greater responsibility," but, because of his newly acquired wealth and fame, how could Peter not have developed a huge chip on his shoulder? Granted, we haven't yet seen the stories of him being a international playboy and billionaire, but we may have some idea of what he might be like based on how Slott has written him in the past.
    And wouldn't you know it, we've just been officially told how Peter's success has given him a "cockier attitude." Hmm...maybe not 100% on the mark, but pretty close to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The statement about MJ is curious, and not every hopeful as to her appearing in the new ASM book, so I wonder what this "fun" book is that she'll be turning up in?
    Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Could it be Invincible Iron Man as Tony' s new love interest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Bendis confirmed she was a redhead, but that she was also smarter than Tony, and not to say MJ isn't smart or that she's dumb, but she's definitely not on the level of Tony/Reed/Hank et al.
    Yeah, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mary Jane did wind up being Tony's new girlfriend post-Secret Wars. Of course, the real kick-in-the-teeth is if MJ is revealed to be engaged to Pedro "Ollie" Olivera, the firefighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Three guesses (or fan favorites) as to the "female character who will be an important part of Peter's life."
    My wild guess? It's Annie May Parker from Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows somehow brought into the Marvel Universe post Secret Wars. That means that even though Peter and MJ are technically not parents, Annie is still their biological child from an alternate universe, which would certainly cause both Peter and MJ's romantic lives to be awkward as all get out. Basically, it would be not unlike Rini (Chibisua) from the Sailor Moon anime.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 07-12-2015 at 03:01 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

im starting to come around to the new spidey status quo except for peter's love life, its like they have no idea what to do with it, is it that hard to give mj a role in his life and work her into the plot? She's such a great character with so much story potential but no writer is willing to give focus on any fragment of a skill set that doesn't involve her looks.

How is it that flash can go from bully to friend to war hero to superhero but mj is still super fun party girl. it seems like they just introduce alt. love intrest to temporarily replace her and it all feels so drowned out and boring, we already know its nothing more than a fling with these others girls.

I'm not saying he has to marry her right away and have kids and that friendship they had going before superior was finally getting somewhere but even then mj just shoed up every now and then as sort of a tease, I think its time she got her own thing going because for such an important spidey character she's just so underplayed and underdeveloped except for every now and then we get these great shining moments from the writers only to be forgotten or overlooked later, I guess OMD probably erased her training with captain america out of continuity.
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    So, remember when I said a few days back the following? ...And wouldn't you know it, we've just been officially told how Peter's success has given him a "cockier attitude." Hmm...maybe not 100% on the mark, but pretty close to it?
    As said, through shorthand, by an editor who is not editing the book.

I can firmly say this:
    For 7 years Mike "Stillanerd" McNulty has been making predictions about what I'm going to write. And then he's gone on to write weird/skewed descriptions of what he believes has happened in the actual issues-- usually with more of his erroneous predictions baked in for good measure.

And for 7 years I have neither written the book he's predicted, nor the book he's described.

THIS IS FACT.

Yet people have continued-- for 7 years-- to give him "thumbs up" comments like: "Interesting theory!" or "Great write-up!" Hell, we're up to two different people who've dedicated good time & energy writing & drawing entire comic strips BASED on Mike's inaccurate descriptions. Madness.

Swear to God, if this man were selling you stock tips, you'd all be flat broke and penniless by now. And still be saying "Interesting suggestion!" and "Great tip!"

And I'm pretty sure that with the All-New, All-Different AMAZING SPIDER-MAN...
    ...this 7 year long track record is going to hold. Because... why? Because THE INTERNET, that's why.

Shine on, Mike, you wonderfully loopy guy. Shine on. :-D
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 07-12-2015 at 03:36 PM.

iMan 42s

Well there goes Scarlet spider... Seriously are we ever going to get closure on Mexico?

That response about Ultimate Peter though, did he know Ultimate Peter came back? I mean it was never explained if this truly was Ultimate Peter or not but Bendis wanted us to think it was. Kind of a shame that he came back for an arc only to be obliterated along with everything else during Secret War. What was the point?

I also don't know how to feel about the new all ages spidey book. On one hand it's probably safer to Marvel in generating revenue but also it kind of rubs me the wrong way in that I would've liked anything else like finishing Scarlet Spider or what happened to May considering the new direction her life has taken and would've had following Secret War. Guess its not for me.

Few times have I ever not liked something Peter David wrote, at least 2099 is still a thing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

In fact, the book will feature a "special guest star" that Amanat declined to divulge -- "a female character who will be an important part of Peter's life."
    The Powers That Be finally listened to DarthFury and slapped Psylocke in as a supporting character!
    yewwwww
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    As said, through shorthand, by an editor who is not editing the book.

I can firmly say this:
    For 7 years Mike "Stillanerd" McNulty has been making predictions about what I'm going to write. And then he's gone on to write weird/skewed descriptions of what he believes has happened in the actual issues-- usually with more of his erroneous predictions baked in for good measure.

And for 7 years I have neither written the book he's predicted, nor the book he's described.

THIS IS FACT.

Yet people have continued-- for 7 years-- to give him "thumbs up" comments like: "Interesting theory!" or "Great write-up!" Hell, we're up to two different people who've dedicated good time & energy writing & drawing entire comic strips BASED on Mike's inaccurate descriptions. Madness.

Swear to God, if this man were selling you stock tips, you'd all be flat broke and penniless by now. And still be saying "Interesting suggestion!" and "Great tip!"

And I'm pretty sure that with the All-New, All-Different AMAZING SPIDER-MAN...
    ...this 7 year long track record is going to hold. Because... why? Because THE INTERNET, that's why.

Shine on, Mike, you wonderfully loopy guy. Shine on. :-D
    Don't worry, Dan, I'm definitely not going to be pursuing a career in stock broking, or politics for that matter. And yes, I'm aware Amanat is not the editor for Amazing Spider-Man, but I imagine the talk about what you had planned for Spidey was definitely through the grapevine within the Marvel offices, right? If so, maybe Peter being described as having a "cocky attitude" was her interpretation. Oh well, we'll see what you've really cooked up for Peter soon, I guess. Have a good one, Dan.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton