Default Fear Itself *SPOILERS* I have a couple questions...

Hey everyone! I just finished reading Fear Itself. I'm currently going through a majority of the tie in issues, and I can't quite understand all the hate for the book. I loved it and found it entrancing-much more so than iconic events such as House of M or Secret Invasion.

Despite this, there's one thing I don't understand - why were the enchanted weapons destroyed? Was a reason ever actually given? And I've heard She-Hulk kept her blade...Was there a reason for that?

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by askyla View Post
    Hey everyone! I just finished reading Fear Itself. I'm currently going through a majority of the tie in issues, and I can't quite understand all the hate for the book. I loved it and found it entrancing-much more so than iconic events such as House of M or Secret Invasion.

Despite this, there's one thing I don't understand - why were the enchanted weapons destroyed? Was a reason ever actually given? And I've heard She-Hulk kept her blade...Was there a reason for that?

Thanks guys!
    Yeah, I don't remember an explanation being given for the weapons being destroyed. I assume that they didn't want Asgardian tech staying in the hands of humans.

Red She-Hulk did keep her sword and used it through the Defenders follow-on, though that series negated itself. I think she used it in the Red She-Hulk brief series as well.

I recommend the follow-on Fear Itself: The Fearless, which was a fun little romp around the Marvel U and, IMO, was a better series than the original Fear Itself.

All-New Member

Red She-Hulk ends up losing the blade in her own series. She used it to power up an old SHIELD base, the ancient SHIELD the one with Tesla and Da Vinci.