Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post

I'm not sure, though, that Talia being a rapist and having drugged Batman once is all that worse than her profiting off assassinations, terrorism, biological warfare, drug running, human trafficking, extortion, etc.
    Oh come on, we all make mistakes.

I really liked Talia's full on villainy and hope she kinda stays in that territory, with all the pathos of mother wanting her son in the Al Ghul family.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Talia is the villain of the Agent Carter show

Bruce said she drugged him, but what we see in Inc was that she probably did give him something to loosen inhibitions but he was also drinking, something he doesn't really do and probably has low tolerance for. Most of "you drugged me" seemed to be a years later annoyance with himself that he slept with a career global criminal.

I'm not sure, though, that Talia being a rapist and having drugged Batman once is all that worse than her profiting off assassinations, terrorism, biological warfare, drug running, human trafficking, extortion, etc.
    If she gave him something that caused him to do something that he wouldn't have done while in his right mind then that is drugging him and is pretty damn unethical (not that the other stuff you mentioned isn't).

Morrison pulled something similar in his X-Men run when he had Emma take advantage of Scott while she was treating him for PTSD.

Bruce said she drugged him, but what we see in Inc was that she probably did give him something to loosen inhibitions but he was also drinking, something he doesn't really do and probably has low tolerance for. Most of "you drugged me" seemed to be a years later annoyance with himself that he slept with a career global criminal.

It's not worse but I always liked the idea of a love story during The Demon's Quest. Having Bruce be raped changes the dynamic of that story

The problem with Talia as a villain is im not sure how she could top what she did with Leviathan and her empire of crime. I mean where do u go after that. So im guessing they're probably gonna go the whole amnesia route with her, and kind of reboot her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The problem with Talia as a villain is im not sure how she could top what she did with Leviathan and her empire of crime. I mean where do u go after that. So im guessing they're probably gonna go the whole amnesia route with her, and kind of reboot her.
    Yep.
    My guess is that she won't know what happened (and may be appalled if she finds out), and Bruce and Damian will be conflicted about what to do with her.
    She'll probably just go back to being the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Talia could just take a more active villainous role in the LOA. Have her trust Ra's more and Ra's trust her more.

Her villain story would need some changes, but it could still continue.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Talia could just take a more active villainous role in the LOA. Have her trust Ra's more and Ra's trust her more.

Her villain story would need some changes, but it could still continue.
    That'd be pretty good. She could be featured often in Damian's solo in the role of an "archenemy" type. We've had fathers be the main villains to their children but how often is a hero's main antagonist their mother.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Talia is generally one of my favorite characters in the Batman universe. I love her as a love interest of Bruce, both temporary and as the "one" (BTAS, Arkham games). That said, I also liked her descent to full-on villain recently.

What should they use Talia for now that Damian is back? An archenemy to him? Or should they make her more of a gray character who walks the line between anti-hero and villain.

One thing I do hope they do is retcon the fact that she drugged Bruce. That just annoys me. I'd prefer if she poked a hole in his condom or Bruce just didn't pull out or something like that. Never been a fan of that tidbit
    I tend to think Bruce honestly loved her ala Son of the Demon and just might've been a bit too drunk (or drunk in love) at the time and forgot to pull out (lol) and blames it on drugs to swallow the guilt. As far as what to do with her now, I really don't know. I'm a big Talia fan but I thought her story met an appropriate end in Inc, there's really nowhere to go with her now that I can think of.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Talia is the villain of the Agent Carter show
    yo you're not grand kaiser from KTT are you?
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Never been a fan of Talia Al Ghul and her being the mother of that little punk, and in my opinion totally unneeded extra, Damien only further cements my apathy towards this bland character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Does anybody else besides me hate "Death and the Maidens"? I always love Klaus Jansen's art, but this book felt needlessly cruel to Talia.
    Oh count me in. It was a stupid story which primarily served to showcase Rucka's pet Mary Sue Nyssa. Talia was written so out of character it wasn't funny. Does anyone really believe that a stuck up ice queen like Talia would be-friend a stranger? It was really the beginning of end for the character. I don't even pay attention to Morrison's treatment. He did the exact same thing with Emma Frost in the X-men. He took a powerful woman and turned her into a soap opera vamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    [Morrison] took a powerful woman and turned her into a soap opera vamp.
    I don't agree. I think he took a semi-powerful woman and made her more powerful. He said he treated Talia like Batman: As if all this happened in their lives. After Batman turns her down yet again and woos away her beloved son...she decides to finally unleash on Batman and destroy his control over the world. Their "divorce" almost bringing it all down around them.

I finally got around to watching Gone Girl...and by the end, I was thinking: Reminds of Bruce vs Talia in Inc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-04-2015 at 12:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    yo you're not grand kaiser from KTT are you?
    yup Don't tell anyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't agree. I think he took a semi-powerful woman and made her more powerful. He said he treated Talia like Batman: As if all this happened in their lives. After Batman turns her down yet again and woos away her beloved son...she decides to finally unleash on Batman and destroy his control over the world. Their "divorce" almost bringing it all down around them.

I finally got around to watching Gone Girl...and by the end, I was thinking: Reminds of Bruce vs Talia in Inc.
    Throwing a temper tantrums and acting like a woman scorned is not the mark of ‘powerful’ woman. It’s the mark of a woman with a low sense of self and a mark of a loser. A powerful woman would just walk away from Batman, tell him that it was his loss and get on with her life.

She doesn’t place her self worth or value in the hands of others. The old Talia would never have thrown herself at Batman much less allowed her behavior and how she chooses to be conduct herself . She owns herself first and foremost.