Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

She should have been depowered in M-Day. Wipe the slate clean with her in terms of all that nonsense Claremont added

Tessa's code name (Sage) pleases me.

Hey there is every code name that is very ridiculous, Magneto or Cyclops for example lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She should have been depowered in M-Day. Wipe the slate clean with her in terms of all that nonsense Claremont added

That would be an excellent solution, but she was not on the depowered list, so it only remains for the writer to make a retcon and ignore all those abilities, which did not make sense with each other, as if to say that they were related to their main power, because this was not the case XD.

In last appearance on Xtreme ( vol 4 ), they ignored almost all the absurd skills Claremont gave her.

That she needs, a writer that makes her a coherent character.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This I could get behind, they could’ve repowered her with just the computer mind and telepathy. Hopefully a writer will come along fix her and we will get to see more of her on some teams. A Bishop and Sage decetive mini would be great

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    A Bishop and Sage decetive mini would be great
    I could dig it. Give it a 5-issue run in Astonishing X-Men.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I could dig it. Give it a 5-issue run in Astonishing X-Men.
    As a detective, Sage could work.

I don't see Sage as a failed Claremazon....but it does make me wonder why a character that was one of the main stars in one of CLAREMONT's runs has been so underused in years, it's almost criminal.

Now I'll say this: if JDW, who is an open fan of hers, doesn't bring her back, then I guess I will give up once and for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    As a detective, Sage could work.
    Bring back X-Factor and put her and Bishop on the team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    I don't see Sage as a failed Claremazon....but it does make me wonder why a character that was one of the main stars in one of CLAREMONT's runs has been so underused in years, it's almost criminal.

Now I'll say this: if JDW, who is an open fan of hers, doesn't bring her back, then I guess I will give up once and for all!
    because Claremont was way past his heyday when he returned in 2000. I dont think any of the characters he created or ideas stuck outside of Psylocke getting TK. Most writers go to his classic 70s/80s run for inspiration and ignore the latter material. Sage just so happens to be someone he tried to push too late in his career

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Bring back X-Factor and put her and Bishop on the team.
    My dream is to see her reunited with Bishop in an X-Men book, but I would take X-factor happily...my only concern is the bigger chance of cancelation for a satellite book.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #169 May 1983
    "Catacombs!" Part 1 of 2.
    Candy Southern returns home to the apartment she shares with Warren to discover feathers and blood.
    She hears someone else inside, and calls Professor X, realizing the police could never arrive in time!
    Just as Charles answers the phone, her attacker announces himself as... Sunder!

At that instant, in Amanda Sefton's apartment, Kurt and Amanda are sharing a Jacuzzi.
    The conversation has just turned towards their future, when Kurt receives Professor X's telepathic distress call in his head.
    He responds instantly, teleporting above the city and then over to outside Warren's apartment.
    He's there in time to see Angel carried into the subway by persons unknown and then catch Candy as she is hurled out the window by her assailant!
    He returns with her to Amanda's apartment - needless to say, this makes quite a splash.

Interlude. The Hellfire Club. Sebastian Shaw responds to an urgent summons from Tessa.

Emma Frost had come to see him on urgent business - so dire she wouldn't even tell Tessa, and then apparently collapsed in mid-sentence.
    Tessa tells Shaw that analysis indicates she's entered a state of catatonic schizophrenia - likely induced by her assailant to keep her from speaking.

Shaw muses that Xavier would be capable of such a feat, but its not his style.

Amanda's apartment. The X-Men have gathered to discuss strategy.
    Lacking a tracker, Storm asks Professor X if they could borrow Rahne.
    He refuses her, and tells her the mini-Cerebro keyed to Angel should be sufficient.
    Amanda and Lockheed are left in the apartment to watch over Candy, and the X-Men head for the subway.

In the subways, the mini-Cerebro reveals Angel is within a Kilometer laterally, but far below them!
    Storm eventually has Kitty look for a hidden door. She finds one rapidly, and they make their way down.

Suddenly, they are ambushed by a mass of people! Storm sends Kitty to scout around, and the other X-Men hold their own.
    Kitty manages to come upon the leaders of the Morlocks, who are watching the battle to get an idea of their strength - comprised of Sunder, Callisto, Masque, and Plague.
    Despite being phased, Callisto manages to smell her, and sends Plague after her. Plague passes through her... harmlessly?... Kitty runs.
    Sunder tries to pursue Kitty through the wall, but Callisto calls him off - if 'a single molecule' of disease remains when Kitty solidifies, it should still finish her.

Back at the main event, the X-Men put their assailants to flight, but they take their unconscious brethren with them, denying the X-Men prisoners to interrogate.
    The fight over, the X-Men worry over the fate of Kitty, but Angel's life hangs in the balance, and Storm chooses to press on. They descend.

After the X-Men have gone, Kitty returns, Plague's disease already coursing through her. She calls out feebly for her companions before collapsing.
    Caliban finds her, however, and carries her unconscious form off with him, talking to himself about how they will live happily ever after.

The X-Men at last descend into the Alley, a enormous cavern made as a bomb shelter by the US government in secret, and then abandoned.
    Suddenly, lights and loudspeakers deafen and blind our heroes. A railroad car rolls up unnoticed, carrying Angel shackled to it and Callisto caressing his hair.
    She declares she intends to marry him, the 'handsomest man in the world' to be her prince.
    She starts to clip Angel's pin-feathers, to prevent him from injuring himself flying around in the dark tunnels,
    and the X-Men try to stop her, only to be overwhelmed by a sea of Morlocks! The fight goes badly for them.

Epilogue: Kitty awakens in a strange bed, dressed in night clothes. Despite feeling sick, she tries to get up. The effort makes her vomit.
    She finally manages to get to her feet, and then Caliban comes in. She's half-delirious, and collapses as Caliban rushes up to her.
    Caliban vows to defy even Callisto to save Kitty as he cradles her unconscious form.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Paul Smith and Bob Wiacek.

Chris Claremont’s run on Uncanny (during the Reload era) with Sage is finally being re-printed! You can pre-order it here:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/13029...YZ97XZD1T3YK4Z

Have you guys seen Sage's card, from the just released Ultra Fleer 18 collection? It's so cool:

IMG-20180702-WA0040.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    Have you guys seen Sage's card, from the just released Ultra Fleer 18 collection? It's so cool:

IMG-20180702-WA0040.jpg
    Heeeyyyyy! They didn’t forget about her, that’s awesome!

Hey, guys. Ever since JDW took over the x-office, hopes of seeing Sage back have been high again. As everyone knows, he's a fan of the character and has expressed in several tweets since March his desire to bring her back to the x-books. But a recent tweet from him (see below), seems to have implied that he, for some reason, won't be able to do so. What do you guys read on his reply?

jdw.jpg

It seems personally to me like there's some kind of veto on the character, something he has to overcome to be able to bring her back. I remember, for instance, Tom Brevoort stating openly he hates her. So I wonder what's up with that. What do you guys think?

BANNED

Has the veto been lifted by now?