Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #182 Jun 1984
    "Madness!"
    Rogue is flying back to the United States following the X-Men's return from Battleworld ahead of the others
    to check on the remaining X-Men that were left on Earth, and the New Mutants. Rogue arrives at the mansion
    and begins checking the answering machine. She finds a panicked call from Madelyne Pryor who was calling to tell the X-Men
    that her husband, Scott Summers had gone missing. Rogue knows that he was transported to Battleworld with them
    and presumes that he was returned to her when they were all returned home.
    The next message is from Colonel Rossi a SHIELD agent who is a colleague of Professor Xavier.
    Rossi has confirmed one of their suspicions. His call is cut off when someone gets the jump on him. Rogue flies off to save him,
    missing an important message from Illyana Rasputin telling that the White Queen had
    kidnapped Kitty and Doug Ramsey and that she and the New Mutants were going to rescue her.

Aboard the SHIELD helicarrier, Rossi is being roughly interrogated for answers

to why he was caught looking up information about the Hellfire Club. One of these interrogators,
    a spy working for the Inner Circle, goes back to report to Sebastian Shaw and confirms his identity.

Shaw orders him to eliminate Rossi before he is visited by a mental projection of the White Queen who informs
    him that she has the New Mutants under her thrall and asks if he would like to see Xavier's novice students.

Meanwhile, Rogue manages to break aboard the SHIELD helicarrier by flicking a nickel into it's radar bay with her super strength.
    Breaking in, she then trashes some of the security systems closing off blast
    doors so that the SHIELD operatives do not have an easy time stopping her.
    She manages to get to Rossi just before the Inner Circle spy can assassinate him.
    When she tries to revive the heavily beaten Rossi, she begins talking in a different voice that speaks of a long time friendship.
    Rossi, barely conscious recognizes the voice but cannot believe he is hearing it.

Rogue then manages to escape the Helicarrier and smashes a number of fighter jets that are deployed to try and stop her.
    Rogue brings Rossi to a home that she believes as her parents summer home located in Cape Cod Massachusetts.
    Rogue prepares Rossi a meal and when he awakens to eat, he finds that as he questions Rogue she has the memories of Carol Danvers.
    Rossi then calls her on it, watching as she flips from personality to personality from trying to sort out her memories;
    this causes her to burst out of the house and tumble down onto the beach near the home.
    There she is haunted by more of Carol's memories of her childhood and adult life.

She realizes that when she absorbed Carol Danvers' powers she must have taken her memories as well as the emotions that go along with them.
    When Rossi goes down to check on her, she reveals to him what he did, a revelation that angers and horrifies him.
    When she attempts to atone for it by telling him that she is Carol in all the ways that matter,
    he rejects her offer of love striking her and walking away -- telling her that he can't bring himself to kill her for what she's done.

While back aboard the SHIELD helicarrier, Nick Fury questions the Hellfire Club spy, unaware that he is a double agent.
    The spy tells Fury that Rogue was responsible for the attack on the helicarrier earlier.
    With her identity confirmed, Fury puts out a call to all SHIELD agents to bring in Rogue and use deadly force if necessary.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.

Incredible Member

Sage fans here ya go.

XFORCE2019001_DC11.jpg

X-FORCE
    The mutant black-ops team returns in a new X-Force series written by Benjamin Percy (Green Arrow, Nightwing) and drawn by Joshua Cassara (Star Wars: Tie Fighter, Falcon). The series will hit shelves in November. From the press release:

The cost of the future isn’t cheap. X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world — one half intelligence branch, one half special ops. Beast, Jean Grey and Sage on one side, Wolverine, Kid Omega and Domino on the other. In a perfect world, there would be no need for an X-Force. We’re not there… yet.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Sage fans here ya go.

XFORCE2019001_DC11.jpg

X-FORCE
    The mutant black-ops team returns in a new X-Force series written by Benjamin Percy (Green Arrow, Nightwing) and drawn by Joshua Cassara (Star Wars: Tie Fighter, Falcon). The series will hit shelves in November. From the press release:

The cost of the future isn’t cheap. X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world — one half intelligence branch, one half special ops. Beast, Jean Grey and Sage on one side, Wolverine, Kid Omega and Domino on the other. In a perfect world, there would be no need for an X-Force. We’re not there… yet.
    Definitely excited for this! I hoping it has some good Sage and Jean interaction......the last time they talked to each other was in that issue of New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    Definitely excited for this! I hoping it has some good Sage and Jean interaction......the last time they talked to each other was in that issue of New X-Men.
    I think that may have been the only time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    The goddess is watching.

o
    And now it is the comicbook character Hank McCoy the Beastie Boy doing said watching.

Spectacular Member

How was she in X-Force? I won't be able to get the issue until this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    How was she in X-Force? I won't be able to get the issue until this weekend
    She had an "Oracle" role. Nothing crazy good but nothing bad.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Happy Sage is back in the books. However her role in XForce 1 didn't do much for me... she seemed almost a bit mmmm un Sage like. Also she looked way too much like Jubilee, not a good look for Sage!
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yeah. Yellow is not her colour.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She had an "Oracle" role. Nothing crazy good but nothing bad.
    I hope she will get to do more than just filling the team computer role. Also don't care for the yellow jacket either.

BANNED

Sage rocked the yellow as early as Revolution, and possibly before that in her early days with Xavier. I don’t dislike it. I’m still wondering how she got out of that crystal or whatever from the wretched New Exiles.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Sage rocked the yellow as early as Revolution, and possibly before that in her early days with Xavier. I don’t dislike it. I’m still wondering how she got out of that crystal or whatever from the wretched New Exiles.
    I hope they don't bring that up, that story line was making me lose interest in her as a character. It seemed like CC was intent on destroying her lol

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Not sure it was ever explained but she showed up in X-Treme X-Men after that and was briefly part of Dazzler's team. I would love for them both to be on a book together again. I think they really work well together as teammates.

BANNED

Sage had a very interesting but understated role in XForce. We don't have enough data yet to predict what her objectives are but she seems to be playing the long game. I suspect she's already seen through Xavier's deceptions and has been in contact with Moira herself.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Sage had a very interesting but understated role in XForce. We don't have enough data yet to predict what her objectives are but she seems to be playing the long game. I suspect she's already seen through Xavier's deceptions and has been in contact with Moira herself.
    Then Mystique will have to torture her.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY