Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

That could be fun.

I like this look for Sage...minus the bulky leg pack.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Since Sage is making her glorious live action debut in "The Gifted", I thought it would be appropriate to resurrect her appreciation thread.

I really think the actress chosen to portray Sage looks a lot like her, and I'm hoping the show gets her personality right.

Also, I'm hoping this show raises her profile so that she can make a come back in the x-books. From all the characters in the cast, she's the only one who isn't appearing in a book right now, and who hasn't been seen for a long time.

Ultimate Member

Sage would work in a X-Force book or a book maybe where she's a teacher...

BANNED

i like her as more of like Domino, or Sabra ...a free agent who isn't on any particular team

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I keep wondering if Sage's appearance in The Gifted, which I'm very excited about, could be connected to the Hellfire Club being a feature in the show, perhaps down the line. With the X-Men and the Brotherhood being out of the game it would make sense for another power player to emerge in addition to the underground resistance. Plus before The Gifted was greenlit, Fox was putting together a show on the Hellfire Club, so there's definitely an interest in it (not sure if it was still Matt Nix who was developing it though)

Spectacular Member

WOW! I had no idea Sage was going to be appearing on the gifted....now I have even more reason to watch the show. Hopefully this will mean she'll be returning to the comics soon.

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    WOW! I had no idea Sage was going to be appearing on the gifted....now I have even more reason to watch the show. Hopefully this will mean she'll be returning to the comics soon.
    That's what I'm hoping with fingers crossed.

Since Cyclops is gone, at the moment, it would be nice to see Sage step into a leadership role.
    Or am I missing something with her characterization?

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I wish Sage was part of Astonishing instead of Mystique
    Would be cool!

Ultimate Member

Well she could be a good leader though I'd guess that she's a little to much of a hard liner to be a leader just yet, hard liner in terms of not used to it and thinks more tactically and not so much about the people involved and such, so it's not a question of if she could be a good leader but when imho...

As for Astonishing really only Betsy and Beast know her very well and she and Warren have met a few times as back before Scott and Jean's wedding Betsy and Warren went to the Hellfire Club and Sage zapped them before the club goons changed their clothes, something that was likened to being raped and that as far as I know hasn't been brought up since...but anyway Warren called her Tessa so he knew her well enough to remember her and know her name...

I mentioned it in another thread, but because this show is a co production between Fox and Marvel Entertainment, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel tries to fashion a similar team in the comics out of the roster on the show if it really takes off.

Thunderbird (Revived or Warpath?),
    Polaris,
    Blink,
    Sage,
    Eclipse (retconned into the 616). I'd totally read a book with those characters going around rescuing mutants hunted by Sentinel Services.

Ultimate Member

Not sure how that team would come together though, if anything Marvel would just try to add the show's characters to other books I doubt that they'd make a team of just the characters from the show...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Not sure how that team would come together though, if anything Marvel would just try to add the show's characters to other books I doubt that they'd make a team of just the characters from the show...
    Since they clearly have something to gain from working with Fox on the series, I think it's a possibility. Especially if they want to further capitalize of the popularity of the show. The X-men need more team books to bring back some of the characters in limbo anyways. Stranger things have happened.

Ultimate Member

True, though I doubt that they'd rush into a book with the characters until the show was a staunch hit and that would take months if not a 2nd season before it happened, as for Tessa who knows maybe have her join the Astonishing team...