View Poll Results: What do you think of Doctor Psycho?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him! One of my favorite villains ever!

9 39.13%
  • I like him in a select few appearances, but he could be better.

12 52.17%
  • I don't like Doctor Psycho, he's a rubbish supervillain.

0 0%
  • Who's Doctor Psycho?

2 8.70%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Children believe in angels, because they want to. Grown-ups believe in angels, because devils make them.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What do you mean?
    Not to stray too far off-topic...

I think grown-ups often turn to religion, spirituality or mysticism, through facing extreme hardship in the real world ..and the need to connect to some hopeful power, beyond that world. It makes sense to me that this is what Wonder Woman represents for Steve Trevor, ..perhaps, having come close to death, so many times in his military career. Of course, his recurring, annoying habit of calling Diana, his 'angel', could also be grounded in some dark, unexplored episode of his narrative history - an untold story.

That would make it ..less annoying.

Anyway, Steve haunted by some tragic injury, physical or psychological, inflicted by Doctor Psycho would forever change his and Diana's dealings with him - even of how we see Psycho. We need to think of Psycho and recall such a story, if he's ever to be the major super-villain that we all know he can be, beyond the WW comic.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-04-2016 at 12:48 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Not to stray too far off-topic...

I think grown-ups often turn to religion, spirituality or mysticism, through facing extreme hardship in the real world ..and the need to connect to some hopeful power, beyond that world. It makes sense to me that this is what Wonder Woman represents for Steve Trevor, ..perhaps, having come close to death, so many times in his military career. Of course, his recurring, annoying habit of calling Diana, his 'angel', could also be grounded in some dark, unexplored episode of his narrative history - an untold story.

That would make it ..less annoying.

Anyway, Steve haunted by some tragic injury, physical or psychological, inflicted by Doctor Psycho would forever change his and Diana's dealings with him - even of how we see Psycho. We need to think of Psycho and recall such a story, if he's ever to be the major super-villain that we all know he can be, beyond the WW comic.
    People also turn to religion because that's how they've been raised. Then again, apart from calling Diana "angel" as a nickname, Steve never seemed particularly religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    People also turn to religion because that's how they've been raised. Then again, apart from calling Diana "angel" as a nickname, Steve never seemed particularly religious.
    Most people, who've been 'raised' with religion, don't have to 'turn' to it. They're relationship with religion matures and evolves, over the course of their lives.

If Steve is from a heavily religious background, I wouldn't mind seeing writers explore that. I think it would be intriguing to see what Doctor Psycho's torturing him might reveal.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Mad Hatter is an Alice In Wonderland fan who uses technology for what he does.

Doctor Psycho already is a psychic monster and a serial rapist, and there' not really much more aweful you can make him while still having him not be a complete charicature of a cartoon villain.

Maybe, but in Greek Mythology, and some Nazis, some have done alot worse. I believe I read once Psycho is also into cannibalism, in fact maybe he could be a worshipper of some secret Greek God of Cannibalism or the Titan Cronus, who tried eat his children: Zeus, Hades, and Neptune?
    Last edited by Mutant God; 09-06-2016 at 01:57 PM.