Default Dota 2

Any DOTA players out there. I started playing about a month ago and I'm kind of hooked now.

Here's the wiki break down for those unfamiliar:

Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game and the stand-alone sequel to the Defense of the Ancients (DotA) mod. Developed by Valve Corporation, the game was officially released on July 9, 2013 as a free-to-play title for Microsoft Windows, concluding a beta testing phase that began in 2011. OS X and Linux versions of Dota 2 were released on July 18, 2013. In most regions, Dota 2 is exclusively available through Valve's content delivery platform, Steam.

Each match of Dota 2 is independent and involves two teams, both containing five players and each occupying a stronghold at either end of the map. Located in each stronghold is a building called the "Ancient"; to win, a team must destroy the enemy's Ancient. Each player controls a "Hero" character and focuses on leveling up, collecting gold, acquiring items and fighting against the other team to achieve victory.

Development of Dota 2 began in 2009, with the hiring of DotA developer "IceFrog" to serve as the sequel's lead designer. Dota 2 was praised by video game critics, who lauded it for remaining faithful to its predecessor while also increasing the level of production quality, as well as for its engaging and rewarding gameplay experience. However, Dota 2 was criticized as having a steep learning curve and inhospitable community. The game has become the most played on Steam, with daily peaks of over 700,000 concurrent players
    http://blog.dota2.com/

I got a new Macbook pro a few months back and set up a Steam account this and Team Fortress 2 were among my first purchases.

The Learning curve can be a little steep the first few games, but it isn't that hard to pick up if you have the free time. Only real downside is there are a few bad apples in terms of voice and text chat communication which is pretty common place in large online gaming communities. At the same time there are a lot of kind players that get overlooked. Plus there is a mute button that comes in handy at times.

So any players? favorite character, strategy? funny dota stories?

and for those who just want a funny video to look at here ya go:

Last edited by Jabare; 11-04-2018 at 06:54 PM. Reason: no one calls it Defense of the Ancients everyone just calls it DOTA 2
    The J-man

I played the original Dota for WC3 but I play League of Legends now. I tried Dota 2 not too long ago but didn't like it. It's not bad I've just invested too much LoL time to accept the tiny changes.

best comment:
    When Pro player in Lol tries dota = Nub.. But then when a Pro Player In Dota 2 tries Lol = Still A Pro
    The J-man