Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

As much as I love jean and the (dark) Phoenix saga, I hope it is not adapted for a long time.

If they did it soon, between that and x3 people would probably get fatigued of her and the Phoenix.

If they try and adapt it much later, it would probably work really well though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    Aww back when Sunspot was black. LOL He and M have gone through so much skin bleaching sessions.

Also, yes, the New Mutants need a freaking spinoff. Hell, give me an HBO standalone tie-in series!
    I am over the whole Sunspot thing. IF Rictor is in the the New Mutants movie I hope they make him an Eskimo.

Make Sam Guthrie Amish.

I picked X-Tinction Agenda - I think there's a lot of bigscreen potential in Genosha.
    Marvel: Miracleman, All-New & Uncanny X-Men, Daredevil
    DC/Vertigo: Multiversity, Sandman Overture, Astro City
    Image: Tooth & Claw, Trees, Supreme: Blue Rose, Lazarus
    Other: X-Files Season 10

BANNED

I really don't think most voters are stopping to think what would make sense in the movie verse as you would need a couple of movies of setup for several of those stories. And forget about the alien stories like the Brood saga. Great as it was I just don't think the movie audience will accept the Aliens ripoff story (yes I love the story but yes it was a ripoff of Aliens).

I voted for A Green and Pleasant Land simply because it could easily be adapted for the movies. A country where mutants are enslaved and the X-men try to free them. Second choice would be Mutant Massacre as something like it could also easily be adapted. Most everything else would require a lot of setup. For instance the current leader, Age of Apocalypse, just wouldn't work right now because we haven't truly seen Apocalypse yet. BTW AoA is my favorite X-men arc so I'm not putting it down. I'm just saying it needs at least one movie in current time with Apocalypse before it should be done.

And seriously voters: X-cutioners song? Inferno? I would love to know how anyone thinks those could be adapted to the movie verse. Cable doesn't exist in the movie verse let alone Stryfe so how do you do X-cutioner's song? Cyclops and Jean have barely appeared recently let alone Madelyne or Magik who don't exist at all. So how do you do Inferno? Both stories would have to be so seriously changed that there would be no point in trying to adapt them.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 05-29-2014 at 10:31 PM.

All-New Member Warren Worthington IV's Avatar

Mutant Massacre OR
    X-Tinction Agenda

(both play heavily in the mutant as targets/outcasts idea AND feature characters not yet in the X-Men films, like Sinister, the Marauders, Genosha, and Cameron Hodge)

My choice is not a popular one but I voted for Unstoppable, as it is the best combination of action story and has the best characters involved (Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, Kitty, Colossus, and even Lockheed).

QUOTE=JediMindTrick;139876]And seriously voters: X-cutioners song? Inferno? I would love to know how anyone thinks those could be adapted to the movie verse. Cable doesn't exist in the movie verse let alone Stryfe so how do you do X-cutioner's song? Cyclops and Jean have barely appeared recently let alone Madelyne or Magik who don't exist at all. So how do you do Inferno? Both stories would have to be so seriously changed that there would be no point in trying to adapt them.[/QUOTE]
    I agree about Inferno. To movie-goers who don't know Madelyne's story, from her meeting, courtship and marriage with Scott to his abandonment of her and their baby, she'd seem like a madwoman who hates him for no reason.

Heck, even the Inferno novel did Maddie an injustice by omitting the crucial scene in x-Factor #1, in which Scott walked out on his family--and lied by omission about his real motive for leaving.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

The Kitty Pryde and Wolverine mini.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Days of Future Past with Rachel Summers.

Phoenix Saga done right, Magneto's reign of Genosha (with elements of Asteroid M), and Proteus. And maybe a Shi'ar or Phalanx movie if they want to make something really big.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 05-30-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Too bad they made a mess in X3 with the Gifted story. Mutan Massacre sounds good too.

X-Tinction Agenda. Political with hard-hitting action, add some of the stuff from the original Genosha arc too! And finally an excuse for skintight, colorful spandex suits!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I would like to see a film adaptation combining Fatal Attractions and the Riot at Xaviers with a dash of Xctioners song. Xavier publically opens his school for young mutants and forms his new generation of X-men. Magneto and Stryfe would be working together to liberate opressed mutant and form a utopia called asteroid M. Stryfe ,however, has an ulterior motive and has been effecting Magneto with a drug called "kick" to boost his powers, which later only turns out to be the techno virus slowly decaying his body. Stryfe hires Xcutioner to assassinate Xavier and his X-men. In his last attempt he introduces kick to the younger teens as a typical drug. The virus spreads causing a quarantine situation and later the riot. With Professor and Magneto on the verge of death, It would be up to a few to find the cure and stop Stryfe before its too late.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

Ultimate Member

Speaking of Aliens ripoff, I'd love to see the issue with Kitty alone against the N'garai as a live-action story. It would hardly be an 'X-Men movie,' since it only had one X-peep in it, but it was still a gripping story.

Other than that, I'd want to see stories that included a bunch of people, like the original Days of Future past, with the fight between the X-Men and Mystique's Brotherhood, all happening on the same screen at the same time and not divided up into one-on-one fights in different places, or a fight in the Savage Land vs. the Savage Land Mutates, or on the Shiar throneworld or dark side of the Moon versus the Imperial Guard. But it seems like it's 'too hard' to even show those sorts of massive brawls in comics these days, or in animated features, with everything reduced to splash pages of people running at each other, or cinematic shots of a single person delivering a pithy phrase and 'cool' shot to a single foe.