Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Either way I think we can all agree in one thing; DC has won!
    They have???

Also worth noting is that iZombie, while published by DC, actually belongs to MonkeyBrain, Inc. and Michael Allred.

BANNED

Either way I think we can all agree in one thing; DC has won!
    the word "has" is a problem there. dc is currently behind in nearly every aspect.
    now when multiversity hits........

ITS OGRE! It is confirmed Marvel is benching FF all together! As well as downplaying the X-men!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

the exact opposite of confirmed is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    not sure all of those are post 2000 as he had stated.

One of them clearly wasn't trying and with exception of fanboys trying to circlejerk it really doesn't matter. If WB wanted to vomit out superflicks they could easily do that.
    I read somewhere WB was the top money-making studio in Hollywood. So DC fanboys are probably victims of WB's success. In the past, they didn't feel the need to be top-heavy with superhero films, because they were (and are) winning, at least overall box office. Avengers changed that mindset. Now with billions at stake, WB is starting to switch into high gear with DC properties. I loved the DK trilogy and MOS, so I'm hopeful the DC Movieverse will be incredible. Fingers crossed.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    I read somewhere WB was the top money-making studio in Hollywood. So DC fanboys are probably victims of WB's success. In the past, they didn't feel the need to be top-heavy with superhero films, because they were (and are) winning, at least overall box office. Avengers changed that mindset. Now with billions at stake, WB is starting to switch into high gear with DC properties. I loved the DK trilogy and MOS, so I'm hopeful the DC Movieverse will be incredible. Fingers crossed.
    That's correct. Since 99, Warners has had:

The Matrix Trilogy
    The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (via New Line)
    The Harry Potter franchise
    The Dark Knight Trilogy

Superheroes have not needed to be their main focus. Now that they have no real successor to these franchises (outside of a new HP trilogy) lined up, it's time to kick the DC universe into high gear.

oh boy, this sounds like an interesting thread

I think I will just focus on the movies discussion of this

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    So let's look at the two companies since 2000:

WB/DC
    Catwoman
    Batman Begins
    Superman Returns
    Dark Knight
    Watchmen
    Jonah Hex
    Green Lantern
    Dark Knight Rises
    Man of Steel

Disney/Marvel
    X-Men
    Blade II
    Spider-Man
    X-II X-Men United
    Hulk
    Daredevil
    Punisher
    Spider-Man 2
    Blade: Trinity
    Elektra
    Man-Thing
    Fantastic Four
    X-III: Last Stand
    Ghost Rider
    Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    Spider-Man 3
    Iron Man
    Incredible Hulk
    Punisher: War Zone
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    X-Men First Class
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence
    Marvel's The Avengers
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    Iron Man 3
    The Wolverine
    Thor: Dark World
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    Guardians of the Galaxy

Now which one of these two companies do you think is happier with their Super-Hero movie line?
    I think this list really simplify it

its not that WB and DC sucks
    thats really not the point opinions are opinions, some people will like 3 DC movies more than the entire Marvel movies.
    However when it comes to compare WB to Marvel movies they are just simply in a completely different level.

WB/DC are still a long long way to get to even to the point that Marvel is where Marvel can confidently create a movie about Ant-Man without any doubt or hesitation when DC is still years away to put Wonder Woman(its 3rd biggest icon) to the silver screen

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    You really stacked the deck, on this one.

How about breaking up that Marvel list into FOX, SONY, and Marvel Studios?
    What difference would that even make?

but then there it comes to this

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Clearly, the problem is that DC is focusing on two characters while tossing out an off-the-wall one every now and then.
    Meanwhile, Marvel's movies feature a wider variety of characters and give them more exposure.

Granted, DC has the potential.

As far as iconic characters go, they have:
    Aquaman
    Batman
    Robin
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Green Arrow
    Atom
    Hawkman
    Superman
    Superboy
    Supergirl
    Wonder Woman
    Captain Marvel
    Plastic Man
    The Teen Titans
    The Justice League

They've used only three of them in your list.

Marvel has:
    Spider-Man
    Captain America
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Dr. Strange
    Wolverine
    Punisher
    Fantastic Four
    The X-Men
    The Avengers

Almost all of these have appeared in the movies on your list, with Dr. Strange geared to arrive before too long.
    I like this

Its the potential that DC has and that is not even considering Vertigo
    which is why this is so infuriating for some fans
    why is that DC cant use that potential a well as marvel?

This is just depressing
    X-Men DoFP has 91% in RT while MoS has a 54%
    X-Men are just a side set movies not even handled by Marvel Studios while MoS is DC´s front and center project
    and then there is Green Lantern, where is the sequel that was planned? the movie sucked so hard that WB cancel GL:TAS WHICH WAS ACTUALLY GOOD

Jonah Hex got super powers
    Catwoman was one of the worst movies ever made

and Ant-Man is getting a movie

Freaking Ant-Man!

here is the point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Sorry you're not liking things you used to, but things change, that's a constant. I still say, if you don't like most of their books, no biggie. Be excited about the ones you like. They won't last forever, nothing does. You'll find others you'll enjoy.
    This wasnt directed to me or about the movies but it fits with what Im trying to say and I think it speaks for many other people about this kind of thread

I LOVE Nolan´s DK Trilogy
    is just an excellent story, brilliantly film, directed, acted, its a majestic movie and I would definitely put those 3 on top of the other Marvel movies, not that i dislike them or anything I love them too I just like this set much more.

That is not optimism, that is Conformism

I love Jonah Hex, then why cant I have a good Jonah Hex movie where he doesnt talk to dead people for no reason?
    I want to see a Wonder Woman movie, or at least a series in which she DOESNT TORTURE.
    Or a Superman movie that doesnt hammer me over the head with the idea that HE IS JESUS, I freaking got it Zack Snyder!!

Is not that im overly criticizing those things, Im simply unsatisfied, and im unsatisfied because I like DC and I know it could be better.

I think DC and WB are lost when it comes to Movies and Superman Vs Batman is probably not going to change that, But I do think they have found a great in TV, I love Arrow and will watch Flash too, I saw the Constantine trailer several times and it looks amazing, Gotham might be good too and I, Zombie... IDK, I never read the comic but I think the idea sounds interesting.
    Im also Playing The Wolf Among Us(ep 4 just came out btw), a telltale game about Fables and its fantastic, Im also looking forward for Arkham Knight.
    So I hope to see some better things like this in the future.

Im just going to end with something I read recently in a tweet that probably im butchering but it goes something like this:

We criticize stuff because we love them.
    If we hated them we just would enjoy watching them Burn.

People criticize stuff on an internet forum because they want to hear an echo chamber. Nothing more.
    There are more people here that actually enjoyed MoS and are excited about BvS and a new DCCU
    There are more people here that actually enjoy the New 52 and are enjoying what DC puts out

This thread is not for you. This is for those that are tired of the same ten people making the same tired arguments day in and day out. There's a thread for that up at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirnotappearinginthisthread View Post
    People criticize stuff on an internet forum because they want to hear an echo chamber. Nothing more.
    There are more people here that actually enjoyed MoS and are excited about BvS and a new DCCU
    There are more people here that actually enjoy the New 52 and are enjoying what DC puts out

This thread is not for you. This is for those that are tired of the same ten people making the same tired arguments day in and day out. There's a thread for that up at the top.
    Untitled-3 copy.jpg
    Nice try there.
    You can be a fan of DC Comics and not like the current direction.
    You'll be there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by jermaine dickerson View Post
    Join the crusade and lets combat all the negativity towards DC Comics with a stroke of optimism. Please share and spread the good news friends. Say it with me: IT'S TIME FOR A COMEBACK!!

Who's with me?!

Attachment 2922
    I'm with you! And reposting your original post to remind everyone why this thread was created.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

As someone who loves DC comics I am glad a thread like this was made. I am very happy with the direction DC is going and love the dark and gritty tone as those kind of superhero stories are my favorite and I have always loved the darker DC stories. So I have no problem with the tone of Man of Steel and future DCCU movies. The New 52 isn't perfect, but some of these new stories coming from it are great especially Batman Eternal and Futures End. The funny thing is I used to read more Marvel back in the day,but when Marvel as Marvel kept changing their books to be more like the movies it felt like to me the quality wasn't like it was. I used to love reading Iron Man, but once the Marvel Now Iron Man started I couldn't stand the book anymore. I have continued to read Spider-Man and Uncanny X-Men though as i love the direction those books are taking and Uncanny is darker then it usually is and Superior Spider-Man was also a little dark which is probably why I liked them so much. I do wonder about the pre Flashpoint DCU sometimes, but honestly can anybody really say in 50 years or so those stories would really matter if the New 52 never happened? Comics get rectconned all the time. 10 years ago could you really say all of those Superman stories from the 50's 60's and 70's were even related to what was currently being published? Even some stuff after Crisis on Infinite Earth's was no longer canon after Infinite Crisis. Last Son was Supermans first encounter with Zod, The Brainiac arc was Supermans first encounter with him so all of those pre 2007 stories involving Brainiac or Zod were no longer canon.

As for their movies I don't need them to be making more than Marvel or being Oscar quality movies. I just want good DC movies that make enough for sequels to be made. I prefer DC tv and animation anyway and they are stronger at that. As much as I would like the DCCU to be a major thing like the MCU I feel like it will never reach Marvel levels simply because people are too stupid for lack of a better word. Look at how people reacted to Man of Steel because it wasn't like the Reeve movies. Amazing Spider-Man didn't even get that kind of reaction. I know Man of Steel made a lot of money, but if people can't accept the Reeve era is not only dead, but Superman isn't like that anymore then there is a problem. Then you have everyone freaking out over Superman killing Zod even though he not only killed Zod in the comics, but in Superman 2. In Superman 2 he killed a de powered Zod, Lois killed a de powered Ursa, and then they both smiled about it. People had no problem with that for some reason but when the darker Superman kills a rampaging Zod to save a family everyone goes crazy and says Superman doesn't kill even though so far in both Superman franchises he has killed Zod. Green Lantern suffered in part because people were confused when they saw Hal Jordan in the trailer instead of John Stewart. People were too stupid to google Green Lantern and learn there was more then one Green Lantern. So not only do we have people arguing over the portrayal of Superman in the DCCU you, but also who the Green Lantern will be simply because John Stewart was a main character in Justice League for 4 years. Then we have Wonder Woman. Everyone has wanted a Wonder Woman movie or at least to see her in a live action film and once we are told we are getting that everyone says they don't want Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and her boobs aren't big enough. I am sure there will be people complaining about her in Batman v Superman and a solo movie because she isn't the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. So to me that is why WB is being more careful with their DC movies because of how people are reacting. Yes you can say it is a small vocal crowd online which I think is more true than not. I don't believe there is as much hate for DC, Man of Steel, and the DCCU as people on the internet want you to think, but you can't blame WB for wanting to be a bit cautious which is why Batman is in Man of Steel 2 and it is called Batman v Superman and not the other way around. Batman sells and Batman is what WB will use to introduce new characters and if they are well liked then a solo movie. Marvel actually did the same thing. The phase 1 movies are the reason we are getting Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. Marvel had to get their brand out there first with movies like Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America. no way would Ant Man or Guardians of the Galaxy would have been phase 1 movies or even be made probably if there was no MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirnotappearinginthisthread View Post

What is this thread then if not your own echo chamber of ¨lets ignore that opinion i dont like/agree with¨?
    do you really not see the contradiction?

also thank you for ignoring the other 90% of my post

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    You'll be there one day.
    No I won't. I'm not a child. I realize that DC isn't there to cater to only my tastes. There will be books I like and books I don't, regardless of the direction. That's how its been the last ~30 years I've been a fan and it'll be like that the next 30.