Marvel's The Avengers
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    Iron Man 3
    The Wolverine
    Thor: Dark World
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    Guardians of the Galaxy

Now which one of these two companies do you think is happier with their Super-Hero movie line?
    Didn't have a comeback so you had to move the goalposts. Typical. Nice list, though it really should look like this

WB/DC
    Catwoman
    Batman Begins
    Superman Returns
    Dark Knight
    Watchmen
    Jonah Hex
    Green Lantern
    Dark Knight Rises
    Man of Steel

Sony/Marvel
    Spiderman
    Spiderman 2
    Ghost Rider
    Spiderman 3
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Fox/Marvel
    X-Men
    X-II X-Men United
    Daredevil
    Elektra
    Fantastic Four
    X-III: Last Stand
    FF:RotSS
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    X-Men First Class
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence
    The Wolverine
    X-Men: Days of Future Past

New Line/Marvel
    Blade 2
    Blade Trinity

Universal/Marvel
    Hulk
    Incredible Hulk

Lions Gate/Marvel
    The Punisher
    Man-Thing
    Punisher:War Zone

Paramount/Marvel
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America: The First Avenger

Disney/Marvel
    Marvel's The Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor: Dark World
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy

It's a lot easier to get movies made when you're not shackled to one studio. Nice try, though.

^Bravo.

The Blade movies are particularly interesting, since New Line was actually a subsidiary Time Warner, before finally being absorbed into Warner Bros.

And to answer Conway's question; I don't think Marvel/Disney is all that happy about any successes that studios like FOX and Sony have, with their properties.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    ^Bravo.

The Blade movies are particularly interesting, since New Line was actually a subsidiary Time Warner, before finally being absorbed into Warner Bros.
    They also made the Ninja Turtle movies
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Not to mention Conway omitted:

WB/DC
    Road to Perdition
    Constantine
    A History of Violence
    V for Vendetta
    The Losers

Fox/DC
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

New Line/DC
    Red
    Red 2
    The Spirit*

Quote Originally Posted by Sirnotappearinginthisthread View Post

It's a lot easier to get movies made when you're not shackled to one studio. Nice try, though.
    Ironically this is the reason why DC is producing so many tv shows this fall as they are working with various channels. Arrow, Flash and iZombie on CW, Gotham on Fox, Constantine on NBC...

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Winter Soldier, and Avengers are going to be hard to beat. Sure I enjoy Arrow (a little cheesy but enjoyable), but if I have to base this movie on MoS, then I don't have high hopes for it being better than the Disney movies.
    They don't have to be better just good. Same for the what is it now 5 tv shows.

^Bravo.

And to answer Conway's question; I don't think Marvel/Disney is all that happy about any successes that studios like FOX and Sony have, with their properties.

Would they prefer to own them probably but Marvel gets nothing out of Xmen or FF movie that is a bomb. Getting the right back to a broken franchise just means they have to sit around for a few years. At least this way They make money have no capital expenses and reap what ever tie in marketing they can muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirnotappearinginthisthread View Post
    Not to mention Conway omitted:

WB/DC
    Road to Perdition
    Constantine
    A History of Violence
    V for Vendetta
    The Losers

Fox/DC
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

New Line/DC
    Red
    Red 2
    The Spirit*
    not sure all of those are post 2000 as he had stated.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Warner Brothers is the largest movie studio in the world. They see what's happened with well made Marvel movies. They know they are sitting on a gold mine. A ton of DC films will be coming our way soon. Any comic fan should thank Marvel for putting out a great Captain America movie that showed the suits at WB that such a well made movie will make lots and lots of money (even if it doesn't have Robert Downey Jr. in it). Same with Walking Dead and TV

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Warner Brothers is the largest movie studio in the world. They see what's happened with well made Marvel movies. They know they are sitting on a gold mine. A ton of DC films will be coming our way soon. Any comic fan should thank Marvel for putting out a great Captain America movie that showed the suits at WB that such a well made movie will make lots and lots of money (even if it doesn't have Robert Downey Jr. in it). Same with Walking Dead and TV
    I agree with this. I expect a push back from WB. I'm just saying that the days of Superman and Batman (or just DC projects in general) dominating the Superhero genre are over. The comeback the OP is asking for isn't happening any time soon. WB/DC got beat to the punch and it will take decades of DC success and Marvel failure for that to turn around. When it comes to movies Marvel owns the market right now and when Disney owns a market they don't let go of it without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Would they prefer to own them probably but Marvel gets nothing out of Xmen or FF movie that is a bomb. Getting the right back to a broken franchise just means they have to sit around for a few years. At least this way They make money have no capital expenses and reap what ever tie in marketing they can muster.
    Sure, something is better than nothing, but this doesn't look like a Marvel that's happy about the whole X-Men thing:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...ngs/stk648038/

And then there's this rumor: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...r-to-snub-fox/

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I agree with this. I expect a push back from WB. I'm just saying that the days of Superman and Batman (or just DC projects in general) dominating the Superhero genre are over. The comeback the OP is asking for isn't happening any time soon. WB/DC got beat to the punch and it will take decades of DC success and Marvel failure for that to turn around. When it comes to movies Marvel owns the market right now and when Disney owns a market they don't let go of it without a fight.
    The funny thing about movie franchises is that it won't take decades...one good movie or one bad movie will change all of the conceptions we have now. A good JL movie or a bad Avengers movie changes the whole trajectory. The general movie going public has absolutely no idea the difference between DC and Marvel. My girlfriend, who lives with a comic book nut, asks me all of the time which universe the X-Men are in because she likes the X-Men, but thinks Green Lantern is stupid. And she is probably more exposed to comics than 99.9999999% of people that go to movies. One good JL movie and they will be on equal footing...and DC has the ultimate wild card in that you could make a movie about Batman sitting on the pot and it would probably make $500 million - the character is just that popular
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-30-2014 at 06:03 PM.

. . . And then there's this rumor: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...r-to-snub-fox/
    But there's alsp this from Diamond's Top 300 comic books for April 2014:
    * 60th - FANTASTIC FOUR #3 - 34,930 copies
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/28603.html

I can see Marvel not promoting the hell out of Fantastic Four, but the book is still selling well, so do they want to cancel it and lose out on the sales? (Plus, would that maybe tick off James Robinson, who left DC for Marvel after DC ticked him off?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But there's alsp this from Diamond's Top 300 comic books for April 2014:
    * 60th - FANTASTIC FOUR #3 - 34,930 copies
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/28603.html

I can see Marvel not promoting the hell out of Fantastic Four, but the book is still selling well, so do they want to cancel it and lose out on the sales? (Plus, would that maybe tick off James Robinson, who left DC for Marvel after DC ticked him off?)
    I believe they've got a plan figured out.

It the movie does well, they can relaunch and get a bigger boost in sales with a new #1 while riding the movie's popularity.
    If the movie does badly, they'll get FF back sooner from Fox (because it'll be of less value to them as a failed movie) and then relaunch with a new #1.

Win-Win.

Either way I think we can all agree in one thing; DC has won!