Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    But it did stop him from making longer books; the length of those books is precisely because he couldn't sell anything longer with his name.

Likewise, not being known to the GENERAL PUBLIC is very different from not being a part of the creator community. John Hickman, as an artist, came in second in the Marvel artist competition, and was heavily active on various creator boards while he was coming up, discussing craft, marketing, etc. Jonathan Hickman was known, just not to the audience.

Image Central very, very rarely accepts anything from their open submissions policy/send in. That's a reality you have to accept.
    I don't think I denied the rarity of it. Just by the number of submissions to published books it would be true, I'm just saying that if you have the goods, there's nothing saying they won't publish a relative or complete unknown, and here's an example of that. I don't know why you're arguing with me. Whoever in the industry knew Hickman didn't change his ability or inability to sell a book to the audience any more than some quality work from a guy that didn't hang out on Ellis' forum back in the day.

All-New Member

Lots of good responses in this thread. Maybe somebody has something more to add?