Default Ultraman X (on Crunchyroll!)

For the first time ever, Tsuburaya Productions' new Ultraman series will be simulcast as it premiers in its native Japan! First episode is tomorrow!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...reaming-lineup

Get ready for miniature cities, suitmation monsters and heroes, model vehicles, and a bunch of pyrotechnics!

have you watched it yet? is it any good?
    the last series i watched was mebius and i liked the homage to the old era of ultraman..not enough ace though XD
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

^Well, it took me later to see because it turns out non-Crunchyroll members have to wait a week for episodes.

... but I just watched the first episode and I thought it was great!

Word of warning: Tsuburaya Productions is coming back from a period of instability, and I believe Bandai has become part owner. For the last couple of years all they produced was a rather cheaply made, limited run series called Ultraman Ginga, primarily a toy commercial which featured Bandai's Ultraman monster action figures as a kind of equivalent to Poké Balls containing the monsters. This new show retains that toyetic element, with the monsters residing in the suspiciously plastic and poseable 'spark dolls' until they're brought to life. If you get past such blatant marketing to kids, this new show has a lot to recommend it. This first episode has a ton of classic special effects work! The kaiju's city-stomping rampage halfway through the episode was a particular highlight. Also, Ultraman X and his human host seem to have a really cool relationship; I don't ever recall them cutting to the human inside 'piloting' the Ultra form before, and his reaction to becoming an Ultraman for the first time is priceless. Not a lot from the other attack team members in this first episode.

Also, it seems we'll be seeing a lot of kaiju from classic shows.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

is this new ultraman part of any previous continuity, or is it a new timeline like the 90s series

^It seems to be a new continuity... of course, Tsuburaya has never been shy to use the idea of a multiverse to get Ultras of different continuities to crossover.

yeah after mebius shit was pretty rough for tsuburaya.
    the only decent thing they released was ultraseven jr movies..then again tsuburaya has been going at it for as long as Marvel does.
    have you read the manga? pretty cool to see them change the formula up a bit

ooh the piloting thing is really interested.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)