Fantastic Member

Default B.P.R.D 1946-1948 - a question

Quick question for any owners of the book. What is new to the collected hardcover that isn't featured in the original paperpacks? I already have the paperbacks, but wanted to know if I should go out and grab the hardcover.

Spectacular Member

A massive section of sketches at the back of the book. I've sold all my trades. Now i only double dip since i've caught up with the comics.

Spectacular Member

Also two stories which were free comic book day and dark horse presents issues.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    Also two stories which were free comic book day and dark horse presents issues.
    Actually those two short stories were also in the trades. The only new material is in the sketchbook and Scott Allie's introduction and Chris Roberson's afterword.

Fantastic Member

Well I count that as significant enough for me to spend all the money.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Actually those two short stories were also in the trades. The only new material is in the sketchbook and Scott Allie's introduction and Chris Roberson's afterword.
    I need to re-read it as i saw them as i thumbed through and didn't recall seeing them.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    I need to re-read it as i saw them as i thumbed through and didn't recall seeing them.
    They're in the back, just before the sketchbook. I like that they juggled the order around for the omnibus. It works much better meeting Dr Howard Eaton in short story before 1946.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    They're in the back, just before the sketchbook. I like that they juggled the order around for the omnibus. It works much better meeting Dr Howard Eaton in short story before 1946.
    That's always been my only real issue with some of the trades, when there's a short in the back that clearly takes place before the arc. Glad to see them taking the opportunity to fix it