Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pretty much agree with what everyone else has said: wonderful issue -- read of the week for me. Some really interesting things going on here and what looks to be shaping up as a definitive run on the character.

By the end of the issue I was pretty sure Mr Biscuit is MM. I loved Superman's entrance. Even with his new costume and powered down he felt like Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    By the end of the issue I was pretty sure Mr Biscuit is MM. I loved Superman's entrance. Even with his new costume and powered down he felt like Superman
    Speaking of, best line was when Superman busted through the window and Mr. Biscuits says, "Look. A spaceman."
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

Astonishing Member

Loved it.

I love Black Pearl, Mister Biscuits and J'onn new origin. I am looking forward to the next issue.

This issue was amazing, the 'fight' with J'onn and the League was great. Issue #3 can't come soon enough.

Always Rakzo

I was thinking more about this and I actually considered that I was a bit unfair about my early criticism since looking back, I have loved several stories that had lots of words in bold and it didn't really affect my enjoyment of such stories so I decided to check this out again to see if with that mentality it would make me look past those flaws.

And it didn't. Those things are still as noticeable as the first time, there's something about the way how the narration is presented that draws special attention to those. Goddamn. Bold. WORDS! It just breaks the pace of the read.

I liked Ostrander and Mandrake's Manhunter run, and I have to say that this new version has kept my interest and then some. I am intrigued by what the evil Martians said about '...melting (sp?) her with the others...' Is this leading to aspects of J'onn which have been split apart at one time and once all are merged again, become the true Manhunter? Or was I misreading that part? Anyway, the art and writing have me riveted.

oh jeez I forgot to grab this. I'm picking it up tomorrow
    The J-man

This was outstanding , easily my second favorite DC title original and thought provoking, DC has me for 5 monthly comics now.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I am actually shocked at how good this has been so far. Really hope enough people give it a chance because it deserves some buzz.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Read the first 2 issues of this. It's honestly shockingly good. I can believe how much I'm enjoying this. Great, Great work. I hope Rob Williams has a long career in Cape comics, if he keeps the stuff up.
    Cyclops was right