Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Avengers #0: Who's watching the Avengers?

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24869/...015_avengers_0
    Any ideas who this guy is watching the Avengers teams post Secret Wars?
    55a11bd07e395.jpg

The Watcher aka Nick Fury
    We need better comics

After Kang was retconned out of universe because his ancestral relationship to Richards & Doom, a laywer friendly version called Qeng was created in his stead.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I am Thinking that might be Old Man Steve Rodgers just looking over the Various Avengers Teams that are around now like he was the Director of SHIELD or Director of The Avengers!

Commanding from affair since he cannot participate in fights anymore, but indeed like commander he is supporting with threw his leadership from afar!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I wonder if this means the Ultimates count as an Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am Thinking that might be Old Man Steve Rodgers just looking over the Various Avengers Teams that are around now like he was the Director of SHIELD or Director of The Avengers!

Commanding from affair since he cannot participate in fights anymore, but indeed like commander he is supporting with threw his leadership from afar!
    That would make sense, but if it were him I don't think marvel would bother putting him in shadows that way.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

I think it's a bald woman...
    Maybe it is EvE, the ginoid HE made to copy the Vision...
    No, forget it...
    Last edited by Lucena Soares; 07-13-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yes according to the article and so is the Squadron Supreme.
    Nick Fury Snr is a good choice, but somehow I think its a villain.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

That would make sense, but if it were him I don't think marvel would bother putting him in shadows that way.
    I was wondering the same-things myself XPac, unless Marvel was going for some stylistic new ideal to him, after the conflict he had with Iron Man Steve could be taking a more firm hand on managing the Avengers and the shadow is a symbol of the changing ideal of Steve. It is not meaning becoming a more bad characterization, more of the man behind the curtain or the Human Version of the the Watcher with him Analyzing all that is of the team that means the most to him and he must be at his best to try and prevent what happen with the Incursions or any force again. It has a Watchmen feel to it as well.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Spectacular Member DuskHarlekin's Avatar

Wonder if Wakanda is okay after Secret Wars.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

The lack of defined ears and the overall smoothness of the head leads one to believe that it's someone wearing a mask (over the whole head like Spider-Man's mask).

Astonishing Member

A good question. The book will certainly count as part of the Avengers family of titles, since the cast includes 4 Avengers and a Young Avenger...but are they officially considered an Avengers team? Hmm. Unless they give themselves another name, they sort of are one by default since they are all Avengers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    A good question. The book will certainly count as part of the Avengers family of titles, since the cast includes 4 Avengers and a Young Avenger...but are they officially considered an Avengers team? Hmm. Unless they give themselves another name, they sort of are one by default since they are all Avengers anyway.
    Since Ultimates were the Ultimate version of Avengers, I don't think it's uprising.

Squadron Supreme being considered Avengers Group book is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The don't call themselves Avengers, but they fall under Marvel's "Avengers" banner.

To celebrate the new direction and introduce readers to the debuting titles, all the books running under the Avengers banner.
    My guess is that they're not considered Avengers in-universe, but rather for branding purposes. Kinda like Hickman's "New Avengers" book that isn't really about an Avengers team, but rather the "Illuminati".
    Last edited by SidheKnight; 07-13-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Resurrected Charles Xavier *shrug*?