Page 220 of 249 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3725
    Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Not yet. I get the feeling we're going to receive a, "Sometimes she's green and sometimes she's grey based on her day" explanation.

I didn't mind her gray rampaging form and outlook. It was one of the more interesting ideas for She-Hulk in a while. At least for me.
    I hope so. I know it's so early still, but it felt like they just forgot that her solo run ended with her changing back, lol.
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

Quote Originally Posted by The Mary Janes View Post
    I hope so. I know it's so early still, but it felt like they just forgot that her solo run ended with her changing back, lol.
    Yeah. It was kinda funny that she just shows up again like her last issue didn't happen. But it would be nice if her "recovery" was a more drawn out thing so it's not like she just one day got over Bruce's death.

In fact, I'm really kinda curious how it'll work out when she finds Bruce is back.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Yeah. It was kinda funny that she just shows up again like her last issue didn't happen. But it would be nice if her "recovery" was a more drawn out thing so it's not like she just one day got over Bruce's death.

In fact, I'm really kinda curious how it'll work out when she finds Bruce is back.
    That's a good idea. She should recover by being with the Avengers around her. Her solo book did a sucky job having her recover. She just wallowed in depression, and didn't even talk to Carol or Clint.
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

Quote Originally Posted by The Mary Janes View Post
    That's a good idea. She should recover by being with the Avengers around her. Her solo book did a sucky job having her recover. She just wallowed in depression, and didn't even talk to Carol or Clint.
    I didn't mind how her solo handled it since she was still in the stages of it. Hellcat dropped by and she handled it about as well as one can expect, with her trying her best to "handle it" by herself since that's what she felt she should do.

But that surprising lack of Carol did sting a bit since the two are huge friends, experienced mutual loss over the same event (and with Rhodey also dead) and you think they would've at least shot some pool. Though it seemed Jen wanted to retreat into her professional life while trying to refuse her need to be She-Hulk. So Carol might've only reminded her of her failure to be the "true" She-Hulk. Clint might've just set her off. lol

I just hope she gets more attention shined on her transition from savage She-Hulk to a more balanced and stable She-Hulk without her just one day being okay with it.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

2 CBR articles on the Jade Giantess on the same day:
    1st one is on how other characters see Jen when she's breaking the fourth wall. I didn't know about the shaving scene was a problem for Byrne.
    http://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-fourth-wall-breaking/
    2nd is a review of what happened to put her in a coma.

Edit: Beaten to the punch lol

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Avengers solicits for September, with Jen on one cover, courtesy Newsarama.

First Look: AVENGERS #7 Explores Very First Ghost Rider's Secret Origin
    By Newsarama Staff
    June 12, 2018 01:58pm ET

Press Release

You know his name…you know his face…and you know the flaming woolly mammoth that he rides into battle. Last year, MARVEL LEGACY introduced Odin and his Prehistoric Avengers to critical acclaim, with their story becoming the number one comic in the industry—and now, Marvel invites you to witness the origin of the very first Ghost Rider! Superstar artist Sara Pichelli (Fantastic Four, FCBD Avengers) joins Avengers writer Jason Aaron for this special “one and done” story that takes you back in time to 1,000,000 BC!

“Fans have been intrigued by the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC and the story they represent since Jason first introduced them in the MARVEL LEGACY one-shot last year,” said SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “So this issue represents the first peeling back of the onion to reveal a little bit more about who they are and what they're about. And it’s a cool and affecting story all by itself, even if you know nothing about the Avengers of 1MBC.”

It’s a deep dive into a period of Marvel history that has never been explored…until now! And this is a story that no Marvel fan will want to miss! It all starts this September, when AVENGERS #7 hits comic shops!

AVENGERS #7
    Written by JASON AARON
    Art by SARA PICHELLI
    Cover by GEOFF SHAW
    On Sale 9/5/18

The AVENGERS Get David Marquez and a Mountain in AVENGERS #8
    By Newsarama Staff
    June 13, 2018 01:14pm ET

Press Release

New York, NY—June 13, 2018—The world has been shaken after the battle against the Dark Celestials…and the new Avengers team is literally on top of the world in their new headquarters, Avengers Mountain. Now that our team of heroes have been fully formed, what does that mean for the rest of the world? This September, a new day will dawn for the Avengers along with a brand new story arc, as celebrated artist David Marquez joins series writer Jason Aaron for an adventure that’s just beginning!

“Dark secrets lurk in the shadows of the Avengers’ new headquarters as the team is finally assembled and ready to face the greatest threats the world has to offer!” teased SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “And it’s a good thing, too, because trouble-spots are erupting all over the globe—beginning with an attack by Namor, the Sub-Mariner! It all leads up to and into our big 700th issue in just a few months, as we showcase just why we’re considering AVENGERS the crossroads of the Marvel Universe, the place where elements from every aspect of our far-flung cosmology clash!”

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I remember the whole debacle over Jen's coma in Civil War II. I had guessed early on, but didn't say it out loud, that the dust cloud from Jen and the missile impacting the ground obscured what happened between her and Thanos; and Thanos, who we must remember is way above She-Hulk's strength, landed the blow that hurt her really bad, healing factor notwithstanding. And I was proven right in A-Force. This is Thanos. Cosmic-level being.

Oh sure, Carol was able to take him out afterwards? That punch took out a lot from him, as well as the pummeling he got from Jen and others. And don't forget, Carol can go cosmic too. And the MCU appears to mirror this.

Edit: And the much maligned Rich Johnston, whom article writer Brian Cronin referenced, emphasized it too.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Marquez draws an okay modern She-Hulk.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marquez draws an okay modern She-Hulk.
    But again, costume would be better. Also, the writing could easily ruin it too.

She-Hulk's first costume by Wasp, by Greg LaRocque (Avengers #222)

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    She-Hulk's first costume by Wasp, by Greg LaRocque (Avengers #222)

Seeing those pants, I just want to yell out, "Stop ! Hammer Time !"

Mighty Member

Marquez is like one of my top 3 artists...But I feel like his style isn't going to work well with this version of She Hulk. For lack of a better word, her face is too "pretty" for the hulkish persona we have. I mean, that cover looks like he drew hulk, forgot it was jen walters, and just swapped hulks head for a normal she hulk head.

Still totally worth it to have marquez on art though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Marquez is like one of my top 3 artists...But I feel like his style isn't going to work well with this version of She Hulk. For lack of a better word, her face is too "pretty" for the hulkish persona we have. I mean, that cover looks like he drew hulk, forgot it was jen walters, and just swapped hulks head for a normal she hulk head.

Still totally worth it to have marquez on art though.
    I think she can be big and muscular with a feminine face.... It's the personality that's ugly....