Page 179 of 249 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3725
    Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    But what little we are hearing of it not encouraging that the book won't be fixing the issues. Stephan King approach. Add in Mariko continue to be the writer for the series.
    Fixing? Last I checked Marvel just pretends stories never happened to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Fixing? Last I checked Marvel just pretends stories never happened to fix things.
    That is like #520 on list of reasons marvel is trouble

SHE-HULK #159
    MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • JAHNOY LINDSAY (A)
    Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    JEN WALTERS MUST DIE Part 1
    The LEADER is back and he’s using his gamma-enhanced super-intelligence to strike at She-Hulk! But how do you hurt an almost indestructible She-Hulk? By turning Jen against HERSELF!
    Wasn't Jen against herself in the first arc?
    Oh she isn't green again, okay but are you gonna answer the scars? Why she's Gray to begin with? How was she in Secret Empire? No?

But what little we are hearing of it not encouraging that the book won't be fixing the issues. Stephan King approach. Add in Mariko continue to be the writer for the series.
    To be fair, we still do not know how the Stephan King element will play out. A horror-style story could work I think. Just have to wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

Oh she isn't green again, okay but are you gonna answer the scars? Why she's Gray to begin with? How was she in Secret Empire? No?
    They may still answer those questions eventually, although I get the feeling the scars/color change may be just left as 'It looked cool at the time?' Its a shame that she is not green again (That said, we should never trust a cover... could be that she has returned to a more normal form, but whatever the Leader has unleashed on Jen is taking on her newer one.) I like the cover in question, mind.

It would be nice to see what Jen was doing during SE. I kept expecting her to appear as a 'secret weapon' of sorts, perhaps with the Defenders in the Dark Zone... that seems unlikely now.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

I'm officially calling for a petition for a new writer for this series. This not going to change anything or ever explain this series will not last 6 issues in legacy. She needs to go back to green or start explaining gaping plot holes. Can't just say trauma and don't have to explain it. Just a waste of time not to go back to green or back to way she if she is being She-Hulk again in book. Your not fooling anyone marvel.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I've been piecing the Civil War and A-Force timelines, and together with the scene from The Fallen, it appears that Jen remained green after the attack, as depicted in The Fallen when Betty visits Jen and she tears up, indicating she somehow sensed something happened to Bruce. Then we see Carol visiting Jen and she's now gray and scarred, leading me to conclude the change happened between Betty's and Carol's visits, and that it was Betty's visit that triggered it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I've been piecing the Civil War and A-Force timelines, and together with the scene from The Fallen, it appears that Jen remained green after the attack, as depicted in The Fallen when Betty visits Jen and she tears up, indicating she somehow sensed something happened to Bruce. Then we see Carol visiting Jen and she's now gray and scarred, leading me to conclude the change happened between Betty's and Carol's visits, and that it was Betty's visit that triggered it.
    You could even say betty slipped her something in a coma. Make more sense then anything we have seen as explanation when we are not being shrugged at.

You could even say betty slipped her something in a coma.
    But why even that? Is not a scarring and a change in skin tone a plausible explanation? Comatose people have been documented to received external stimuli and react on them. It's not far-fetched in Jen's case.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh boy... here we go...

I found the new artist's Instagram account and they seem fine... just not sure if they're the right fit for the tone of this story. Frankly, Mike Deodato doing the cover there might work more.

Also, I just read a review of the last issue and they pointed out something I didn't think about. Jen's new form is suppose to be scary, dangerous, intimidating, and all that... but she couldn't even muster that when trying to scare someone in the issue. They didn't even fazed really for the most part.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 08-16-2017 at 06:14 PM.

But why even that? Is not a scarring and a change in skin tone a plausible explanation? Comatose people have been documented to received external stimuli and react on them. It's not far-fetched in Jen's case.
    Jen's transformation never changed this way just based on comas and trauma. Just can't say that her powers work if 30 years it hasn't.

Jen's transformation never changed this way just based on comas and trauma.
    The plausibility is still there, it's the level of plausibility that we can discuss. She's been gray before. She's gray and scarred now. This wasn't the usual trauma.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

The plausibility is still there, it's the level of plausibility that we can discuss. She's been gray before. She's gray and scarred now. This wasn't the usual trauma.
    Only time just dramatic change including going grey have happen by outside stimulate though. She dealt with this kinda trauma before too. Died and come, been beaten into coma before, most have her friends died multiple times and come back.

BANNED

The cover looks nice. Much better than some of the more recent uninspired covers.

Jen's transformation never changed this way just based on comas and trauma. Just can't say that her powers work if 30 years it hasn't.
    She has never really been in a form of trauma like CWII though. Jen has been through something that has shocked her, cracked her very core. She came closer to death then ever before, and has lost her beloved cousin (At the hands of one of her best friends Clint, and arguably another friend Carol) and it has deeply effected her mind & body. I mean, the handling of it was bizarre and badly done over all, but I think the basic principle they where going for is more or less sound. We know that in the past Jens mental state, or at least how she views herself, has had effects on the control of her transformations, so I do not think the idea that her new form (colors/scars) is cause by trauma is that much of a jump.
    Last edited by Valamist; 08-16-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    She has never really been in a form of trauma like CWII though. Jen has been through something that has shocked her, cracked her very core. She came closer to death then ever before, and has lost her beloved cousin (At the hands of one of her best friends Clint, and arguably another friend Carol) and it has deeply effected her mind & body. I mean, the handling of it was bizarre and badly done over all, but I think the basic principle they where going for is more or less sound. We know that in the past Jens mental state, or at least how she views herself, has had effects on the control of her transformations, so I do not think the idea that her new form (colors/scars) is cause by trauma is that much of a jump.
    She hasn't been through this kinda but worse trauma. I just don't believe it fits in with jen's history. Never cause changed this. Doesn't make sense.