Page 200 of 249 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3725
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    The preview for She-Hulk #163.

I dunno, I feel we're never gonna get that important scene between She-Hulk and Hawkeye at this rate.
    Wait has that seriously not happened at all during this series? Sorry I haven't read this series given that I kinda put a curse on it when it was announced (sorry to those who actually did like this series) so I was unaware of anymore fallout from CWII......That's honestly kinda mess to be honest, Cho gets a confrontation with Clint but not Bruce's cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Wait has that seriously not happened at all during this series? Sorry I haven't read this series given that I kinda put a curse on it when it was announced (sorry to those who actually did like this series) so I was unaware of anymore fallout from CWII......That's honestly kinda mess to be honest, Cho gets a confrontation with Clint but not Bruce's cousin?
    Its one of the biggest failures of the series. I guess Mariko thought fighting mutated youtube stars and LSD trips (best way to describe what I see in preview for 163) were more important.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

While it is certainly a lost opportunity for Clint and Jennifer to have their inevitable reunion, I don't recall that we were told it would happen during Tamaki's run. That said, Marvel can still rectify it by having them meet in the future, and hopefully our long wait will be rewarded by a well-written meeting. It took Tony reconstructing Vision for Jen to have a reunion with him in his one-shot.

As for the focus by Tamaki on Jen's internal conflict, having myself experienced several personal, painful loses within the span of 15 months, which explains in large part my recent absence here, I have a better appreciation of what she is attempting to do. Because you know what, I can identify to some level what Jen has gone through.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    As for the focus by Tamaki on Jen's internal conflict, having myself experienced several personal, painful loses within the span of 15 months, which explains in large part my recent absence here, I have a better appreciation of what she is attempting to do. Because you know what, I can identify to some level what Jen has gone through.
    As someone who has also dealt with things like this, I do appreciate what Tamaki was trying to do on that level. The main problem I think is that now the book is ending, she is going to have to do a rushed ‘Now your better!’ ending to this story. To be fair, if the pacing of the book was better it could have been wrapped up nicely by now. Still, if it means we get Green Jen back sooner rather then later…

I dunno, I feel we're never gonna get that important scene between She-Hulk and Hawkeye at this rate.
    Well thats... just... OK then.

Yeah, I do not think Jen & Clint will ever have that confrontation in this book*. Or if it does, it not going to be anything more than brief panel shot. Nor will there be anything more with Carol, who I think deserves as much attention/blame given her part in CWII, what happened with Bruce etc.

*I am going to ignore the fact that Jen and Hawkeye where at Spider-Woman’s party in her final issue. Until proven otherwise, I will assume it was a Skrull, dimensional doubleganger, set in the future etc. Actually, that’s it! Jen could not stand to be with Clint yet, but did not want to disappoint Jessica, so she sent Jaz in her place! Prove me wrong Marvel, prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Valamist; 02-03-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

A couple of Marvel UK covers.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Saw this today. Emerald City Comic Con exclusive:
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1517624440
    "Details regarding shared exclusives will be posted on Wednesday, February 28th!" according to funko web site

BANNED

Given the She-Hulk solo is wrapping up, where are y'all hoping to see her next? As a Defender? An Avenger? Or with a new solo?

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Hmm another 4th wall breaker. I do kinda like Jen's treatment is fantasied like that but I'm guessing those invested with the real life trauma aspect of this series may be turned off by it such as the date night issue. With Jen getting to the root of her trauma I do think she'll have that conversation with Hawkeye and maybe Carol if not this issue than next. If not then I wholeheartedly agree it would a critically missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    As someone who has also dealt with things like this, I do appreciate what Tamaki was trying to do on that level. The main problem I think is that now the book is ending, she is going to have to do a rushed ‘Now your better!’ ending to this story. To be fair, if the pacing of the book was better it could have been wrapped up nicely by now. Still, if it means we get Green Jen back sooner rather then later…

Well thats... just... OK then.

Yeah, I do not think Jen & Clint will ever have that confrontation in this book*. Or if it does, it not going to be anything more than brief panel shot. Nor will there be anything more with Carol, who I think deserves as much attention/blame given her part in CWII, what happened with Bruce etc.

*I am going to ignore the fact that Jen and Hawkeye where at Spider-Woman’s party in her final issue. Until proven otherwise, I will assume it was a Skrull, dimensional doubleganger, set in the future etc. Actually, that’s it! Jen could not stand to be with Clint yet, but did not want to disappoint Jessica, so she sent Jaz in her place! Prove me wrong Marvel, prove me wrong.
    lol maybe that's why "She-Hulk" didn't jump into action with the excuse that a party full of superheroes would have it covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    A couple of Marvel UK covers.

Those look awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    "Details regarding shared exclusives will be posted on Wednesday, February 28th!" according to funko web site
    I think shared exclusive means it'll eventually go to a store so that's good. I'm so used to seeing her lawyer outfit as black and white its nice to see her suit in color.
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Given the She-Hulk solo is wrapping up, where are y'all hoping to see her next? As a Defender? An Avenger? Or with a new solo?
    Revamped solo would be top of my wish list solo provide so much more panel space for the main character and I want She-hulk to continue racking up her solo count as she does have the most of any marvel female superhero. Below that I wouldn't mind She-Hulk joining Ben and Johnny with the search of the Fantastic Four or F4 stuff in general. Next would up be an Avengers (leading A-Force or otherwise) as an Avenger she'll be involved in the major crossovers, then Defenders as more of her lawyer side than super-heroic side.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    That is so cool! I am going to have to hunt down that Pop ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Another solo would be great, but given how well this last one performed, I am not sure if Marvel will take that chance. I could see her on the Defenders, but isn’t that book ending with Bendis? Her being a main player in the Avengers book would be incredible. The new EiC and Tom Brevoort have said She-Hulk will be around even without a solo, so I think its very possible she will join a team. Also, with Kelly Thompson now a Marvel exclusive writer, I think A-Force will be back sooner rather then later, and I cannot imagine Jen not being apart of that.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Alright folks, I took a look at the latest issue of She-Hulk and... I'm very, very, very, very, very, very unimpressed. I'm sure some people will be happy by the results here and while I'm on some level satisfied as well, I can't help but feel this was just rushed because the book got canned. Don't worry folks if you got PTSD or depression. Its suuuuuuuuuuper easy to get over after one therapy session!

Astonishing Member

Alright folks, I took a look at the latest issue of She-Hulk and... I'm very, very, very, very, very, very unimpressed. I'm sure some people will be happy by the results here and while I'm on some level satisfied as well, I can't help but feel this was just rushed because the book got canned. Don't worry folks if you got PTSD or depression. Its suuuuuuuuuuper easy to get over after one therapy session!
    .....I thought that this Issue really have gotten as to why Jen was more into her "Hulk" state than her "She-Hulk"; plus the real reason for her anger was done in a satisfying way, since she was able to confront just her fears.....

Just one more Issue to go.....

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    .....I thought that this Issue really have gotten as to why Jen was more into her "Hulk" state than her "She-Hulk"; plus the real reason for her anger was done in a satisfying way, since she was able to confront just her fears.....

Just one more Issue to go.....
    I maintain my opinion. We had how many issues of building up her inner pain, torment, angry issues, how it physically hurt her to changed, how bad she felt, and so many more... but it's all over and wiped away in a single issue. PTSD can be easily overcome in a single therapy session, right?

I maintain my opinion. We had how many issues of building up her inner pain, torment, angry issues, how it physically hurt her to changed, how bad she felt, and so many more... but it's all over and wiped away in a single issue. PTSD can be easily overcome in a single therapy session, right?
    Well based on the ending, she isn't over her feelings, but she's at least in a better place than she'd been since she finally confronted them rather than trying to avoid them.

I'm happy with the ending but way to late to save this series even if it wasn't cancelled. Should have been how first arc ended and not rushed at the end of the series.

PTSD and depression isn’t easy to over come, it takes a lot to time to change your mindset. Considering that this is her willing to genuinely cone to a session with Flo is a different experience than her going to a group therapy. Still a big hurdle for the pain, but that doesn’t mean her grey side is completely gone, hopefully another author will be able to delve into her struggles of PTSD from time to time, but then again, Bendis did this whole spin of any Hulk=Rage Monster. It is a theme for all, but not a permanent issue for all.