Page 127 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    But this isn't Civil War II anymore. You got to stop concentrating on what happened during that event and concentrate on the now. Mariko Tamaki is doing her best and it seems like she's doing a good job. And let me introduce to a section of a video I like as to why doing stuff like this is never bad.

https://youtu.be/BoQpwVcebHk?t=2045

You can learn something from him.
    Did you forget I said in the first post that she had to clean up mess bendis left her. Also doesn't excuse starting not to try explain on her why this happening either. The only answers can't be accepted as Trauma/PTSD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Did you forget I said in the first post that she had to clean up mess bendis left her. Also doesn't excuse starting not to try explain on her why this happening either. The only answers can't be accepted as Trauma/PTSD.
    Dude. Would you be fine after being in a coma and finding out a loved one of yours died? It makes sense for her to feel so much anger and trauma after all that.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-06-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Dude. Would you be fine after being in a coma and finding out a loved one of yours died? It makes sense for her to feel so much anger and trauma after all that.
    Can you name one other time that dramatic change like this happen to jen where it didn't have outside forces? That was all internal struggle that caused this kinda drastic change? I say again and again She-Hulk wouldn't to be happy. Never said that and would upsetting but this a character that has beaten into coma before. Died before. Has seen long time friends died multiple times and come back.
    Sorry about this going by the way. To that female masestro thing I always thought that was stupidest part and find it a long stretch that jen would ever become that. Maybe another universe version where she was more evil. This would have to be future were she brainwashed or something.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-06-2017 at 09:49 PM.

BANNED

Can you name one other time that dramatic change like this happen to jen where it didn't have outside forces? That was all internal struggle that caused this kinda drastic change? I say again and again She-Hulk wouldn't to be happy. Never said that and would upsetting but this a character that has beaten into coma before. Died before. Has seen long time friends died multiple times and come back
    Well why not do something different? Just because you don't like that doesn't mean others agree.

But to answer your question, maybe it was time to make Jen even more relatable than before. It's been working so far for me.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-06-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Well why not do something different? Just because you don't like that doesn't mean others agree.

But to answer your question, maybe it was time to make Jen even more relatable than before. It's been working so far for me.
    I don't think make jen less original going to more relatable? I'm sorry there are ways that could have done with jen's form that Dan slott showed. There has to be way to get more relateble to people without losing part of what make the character tick and who she is. Before you say "That is not true" One of the best parts I love she-hulk over bruce is she loved being she-hulk. Control. That hadn't been even in savage days hulk smash hulk. This direction looking to taking those parts out. We don't know how if it will return. All done as I said based on contradiction how she had situations as close as possible to this before.

I don't know if I got to mention I picked up the she-hulk glow in the dark pop. If you haven't been able to find regular version there is two pack with her and spider-gween pop exclusive to Barnes and Noble.

Photo of the above said two pack C0RQwqHWgAAnUy9.jpg
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-06-2017 at 09:50 PM.

BANNED

I don't think make jen less original going to more relatable? I'm sorry there are ways that could have done with jen's form that Dan slott showed. There has to be way to get more relateble to people without losing part of what make the character tick and who she is. Before you say "That is not true" One of the best parts I love she-hulk over bruce is she loved being she-hulk. Control. That hadn't been even in savage days hulk smash hulk. This direction looking to taking those parts out. We don't know how if it will return. All done as I said based on contradiction how she had situations as close as possible to this before.

I don't know if I got to mention I picked up the she-hulk glow in the dark pop. If you haven't been able to find regular version there is two pack with her and spider-gween pop exclusive to Barnes and Noble.
    Yes. I'm with you here.

I agree that one thing I love about Jen is the fact that she was in control, that she loved being a Hulk. It was not a curse, it was a manifestation of who she truly was. That being said, I do not think have that aspect stunted or taken away is a bad thing. Characters should be challenged, be it physically or mentally. Remember that Jen is fighting a different type of Hulk now, one which seems to be a manifestation of all her fear and anger. This is not our jade goddess of old, this is something new and unknown even to Jen.

Also if my two years as a comic geek has told me anything, its that things within comic very rarely change for good. My guess is that in time she will come to terms with what happened and either reverts back to her usual green form or learns to control/love being this new one. In the end, she will come out stronger and more akin to her old self then ever before.

Could I be wrong and this ends up being a stain on her history? Sure, but I really enjoyed Hulk #1 (Just wrote an e-mail to Marvel saying how much I loved it!) and I would rather be a optimist then a pessimist.
    Last edited by Valamist; 01-06-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    She has a few villians, Ultima, Man-Elephant (also known as Behemoth), Abominatrix but these are rarley used and then there is her more famous foe Titania, which I think will turn up at some point in the new series.
    Thanks for the info. I remember Titania from back in the day but she faded in the background. Jennifer needs an antagonist like the Enchantress or Doctor Doom.
    Last edited by Thad937; 01-06-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I agree that one thing I love about Jen is the fact that she was in control, that she loved being a Hulk. It was not a curse, it was a manifestation of who she truly was. That being said, I do not think have that aspect stunted or taken away is a bad thing. Characters should be challenged, be it physically or mentally. Remember that Jen is fighting a different type of Hulk now, one which seems to be a manifestation of all her fear and anger. This is not our jade goddess of old, this is something new and unknown even to Jen.

Also if my two years as a comic geek has told me anything, its that things within comic very rarely change for good. My guess is that in time she will come to terms with what happened and either reverts back to her usual green form or learns to control/love being this new one. In the end, she will come out stronger and more akin to her old self then ever before.

Could I be wrong and this ends up being a stain on her history? Sure, but I really enjoyed Hulk #1 (Just wrote an e-mail to Marvel saying how much I loved it!) and I would rather be a optimist then a pessimist.
    I wish optimistic. Its probably because I been fan longer from dark ages some people 90s to true what I call real dark age of last 10 years. I seen so much stupidity from marvel and dc hard to say anything pessimistic. I did like most of the first issue and I still have concern and not like have giving actual chance.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-06-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Incredible Member

I don't see the big deal with changing the status quo once in a while. Jen started out as a "Savage She-Hulk". Then, she became "Sensational She-Hulk". Now, she is just "Hulk". And clearly, this newest incarnation is a manifestation of her inner-self, which is standard among the Gamma-enhanced. And quite frankly, I am looking forward to a more "horror" aspect for Jen to explore. Besides, we do not know how Jen will behave as "Hulk", other than that she is angry, REALLY angry, over what happened to her friends, her colleagues and her cousin, whom she adored more than anything else. So, until she resolves her anger issues and come to her center, Jen will be...THE HULK. Oh, and one more thing? The "Misstro" thing was a one-off "visitation" of Jen's fear of becoming like the Maestro, and that she, as per the resolution of that particular story, knew that she perfectly in control of who she was, either as "Jen Walters" or as "She-Hulk"...and that was the point. Sorry some people didn't get it. For me, it would be interesting as a possibility, but not as a certainty. Oh, well...

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I read #1 this week and really liked it, I'll definitely add it to my pull-list. Looking forward to seeing Jen Hulk out and interested to see how things play out with Miss Brewn.

I had wanted to read Soules She-Hulk but Pulidos art was a massive turn off but I'm happy to report that Leon is much more to my liking.

Mighty Member

Anger and trauma I get. That definitely makes sense. However, you can't use that as a reason to explain why her transformation is broken right now. 1, that doesn't make sense, and 2, she became Grey and scarry before she even knew what happened.

I wish optimistic. Its probably because I been fan longer from dark ages some people 90s to true what I call real dark age of last 10 years. I seen so much stupidity from marvel and dc hard to say anything pessimistic. I did like most of the first issue and I still have concern and not like have giving actual chance.
    Fair enough. I mean no offense by this, but I hope I never become like that. In both Marvel and another fandom I dwell in (Doctor Who, which I have been apart of for 10+ years) there are just so many fans who feel 'jaded' by disappointment that they dare not try to do anything but lament the past and rage at the future. I hope you continue to give the series a chance and remember, this is comics. Its very unlikely that this is going to be Jen new sate forever. Our jade goddess will be back in time, just you wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Anger and trauma I get. That definitely makes sense. However, you can't use that as a reason to explain why her transformation is broken right now. 1, that doesn't make sense, and 2, she became Grey and scarry before she even knew what happened.
    I don’t know, it makes sense to me that her Hulk form could be linked to her emotions/mental state. I could be wrong but I feel this was actually mentioned at one point in the comics, perhaps Dan Slott's run? Good point about the fact she turned this way before finding out though. My head-canon states that she may have picked up the events of CWII while in her coma via people talking, and that affected her subconsciously.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I read #1 this week and really liked it, I'll definitely add it to my pull-list. Looking forward to seeing Jen Hulk out and interested to see how things play out with Miss Brewn.

I had wanted to read Soules She-Hulk but Pulidos art was a massive turn off but I'm happy to report that Leon is much more to my liking.
    I know the art in Soules run is rather... bad, but I do hope you give it a go. Its a great series, he writes Jen fantastically well.

Apologies if someone had pointed this out, but it seems like Cho has taken over Jen's former "I'm a Hulk and loving it" attitude, so now it's Jen's turn to be the "unstable, angry" Hulk...

What happened to Betty "Red Shulk" Ross anyway? I liked when she was running around with Machine Man but I lost track of her since then...

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I remember Titania from back in the day but she faded in the background. Jennifer needs an antagonist like the Enchantress or Doctor Doom.
    She does have Dr Bob Doom

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Apologies if someone had pointed this out, but it seems like Cho has taken over Jen's former "I'm a Hulk and loving it" attitude, so now it's Jen's turn to be the "unstable, angry" Hulk...
    Yep, Jen is now Hulk and Cho is the Totally Awesome He-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What happened to Betty "Red Shulk" Ross anyway? I liked when she was running around with Machine Man but I lost track of her since then...
    She Got de-powered by Doc Green (Hulk) and was last seen in Civil War 2: Falllen one shot, keeping Jen company while she was in her coma, though according to her father she is up to something but we don't know what.