Page 231 of 249 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3725

still want her to go back to her regular form.

not overly fond of her relationship with Thor.

if it's just I'm stronger than you stuff then cool but this... eh.

let's see where this goes.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I mean, the romance ain't a bad idea, but it's not a She-Hulk and Thor relationship. It's Hulk and Thor. Shes basically written as Hulk, which is bad characterization for her and doesn't show the true potential of the two together.

Also, really don't like how Ed draws She-Hulk like this. Now that variant cover... perfect!!

That Artgerm variant is absolutely stunning! I do not hunt them down often... but that one is gonna be a must-have!

Also really happy that my favourite comic writer, Gail Simone, is gonna be writing for Jen, even if it is a one-off. Perfect match!

I dunno, I think a Thor and She-Hulk relationship would be fun if not for the fact that Aaron writes Jen as a roided-out Hulk clone and his Thor acts more like a blonde Hercules (and Jen has already tapped that).

While to me it's not far fetched that Jen and Thor would hook-up, I can't see it with this iteration of her character. Jen has hooked up with the likes of Juggernaut and the ever obnoxious Tony Stark before.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    While to me it's not far fetched that Jen and Thor would hook-up, I can't see it with this iteration of her character. Jen has hooked up with the likes of Juggernaut and the ever obnoxious Tony Stark before.
    And she's slept with Hercules, who Thor is pretty much being written as now, so this isn't new territory for her .

seeing Thor as the little spoon is going to be interesting
    The J-man

Jen never hooked up with Juggernaut.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    Rather, an AU Jen did it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    Originally they did, but it may have been taken out of regular continuity.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

I don't really post on these boards too much (as you can see by my post count despite being a member since before my actual sign-up date as June 2014 is when I had to re-register) as my eye seems to really be drawn to much more of the negative stuff being talked about on these boards rather than the positive stuff. Popping in here to talk about the fact that Gail Simone is going to write She-Hulk (goddamn what a perfect match!) even if only for a single issue and my eye is once again drawn to the negative and reminds me why I mostly just read comics these days and don't come online to discuss them anymore.

So I'll just say,

I am enjoying the HELL out of She-Hulk right now.

Yes, I still have my questions as to how we got from the end of the last She-Hulk series where Jen was in a good place and was back to her previous self (not her "true" self as some folks in this thread would claim because Jen's gone through so many things I don't think you can at anytime claim one iteration of Jen to be the "true" Jen), but those questions and concerns aside... I got to see She-Hulk re-join The Avengers (about goddamn time), take on Ghost Rider (loved the visuals of that fight scene), interact with friggin' Celestials, go from saying "this is above my pay grade" (which I rolled my eyes at so hard), to outlasting Thor in that ice room and actually having to save his life because she was kicking so much ass, to becoming giant She-Hulk and going toe-to-toe with said friggin' Celestials, to stomping the hell out of Loki, to showing up in books, even if for small cameos, that unless she was with the Avengers she'd NEVER be showing up in...

I'm enjoying the hell out of the ride. I've got faith and trust that what's happening is part of a slightly bigger plan for the character and things to come. And you know what? If she stays Hulkish for awhile? Cool by me. Yeah, the character of the Hulk has gone through similar things to what Jen is going through now, but this aspect of being a Hulk has never really been explored to any significant depth with Jen. A bit here and there, but never like this. We've seen how it effected Bruce and how he dealt with it, but will Jen deal with it the same? Will it change how she feels about being a Hulk? Will it make her appreciate it more if/when she changes back? Will these power boosts and the stuff that Jason Aaron is hinting at stay with the character for a long time? I want to see different stuff explored with She-Hulk. If she's just the same kinda humorous lawyer character ALL THE TIME that is going to get boring reeeeaaaaall quick. I keep seeing people say "this isn't She-Hulk". Well, no. It is. It may not be the She-Hulk *you* want to see, but it's still the character. Just a different step in her evolution. I don't want to be reading about the same damn character forever. If I was still reading the same character that she was 29 years ago in Sensational, she'd still be a joke character, that no one takes seriously that couldn't muster a more serious villain than Spragg the Living Hill in types of stories that don't really hold up all that well anymore (I recently re-read every series where She-Hulk was a main character and I'd place Sensational actually near the bottom of the list these days, and Byrne's characterization beneath other characterizations in the same series such as Gerber's, although his work with her in FF still brilliantly holds up... mostly) I wouldn't want that. Who wants a character to be stagnant for 30 years? And remember, if she NEVER changed and was always just one iteration of her character, she'd still technically be The Savage She-Hulk, not even the version that most people seem to be attached to the most.

So anyway... not trying to be all sermony... apologies, just wanted to pop in and say I'm having a blast. I understand why some aren't, but man, I read an issue of The Avengers where Jen gets to grow to the size of a Celestial and beat the hell out of one and I think "this is kind of awesome". I got the depressed Jen that was trying to work through some really serious stuff just recently (that I related to so hard as I went through very similar personal stuff recently, to the point where it would take me until about 6pm to find the strength to get out of bed because I was so depressed and I had specific coping mechanisms like she did and to see that on the page meant a lot to me even if wasn't the best "She-Hulk" story) and now I get a big super-hero fighting with Celestials Jen, and I'm good.

Also... I'm stoked as hell for a possible Jen/Thor pairing. Since I picked up my first issue in the mid-80's I've always thought to myself that those two should be a pair and I can't believe it's taken someone 30+ years since then to actually come up with the idea and I'm stoked to see it explored even if only for a single issue!!! So bring on the She-Hulk/Thor pairing please!!! Someone called it bad fanfic? Nah. I've seen worse. And maybe that saying "someone's garbage is someone's treasure" can be translated to "someone's fanfic is someone's dream storyline".

Anywho... done ranting. Just wanted to present a bit of a different opinion than what seems to mostly be presented in this thread.

Originally they did, but it may have been taken out of regular continuity.
    Retconned right out of existence.

Thankfully

I've never disagreed with much when it's come to Jen (I'm more along for the ride and enjoy it as it happens), but I was actually... angry... when I read that issue. Dan Slott undoing that was the best thing he did for the character, and he did AMAZING things for the character.

I'm counting the days till Aaron is kicked out of the Avengers, he made me miss Bendis in the series, which I thought would be something impossible, the only thing they have in common besides bad plots and awful dialogue is that both writers treat Jennifer like garbage.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 09-19-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I'm counting the days till Aaron is kicked out of the Avengers, he made me miss Bendis in the series, which I thought would be something impossible, the only thing they have in common besides bad plots and awful dialogue is that both writers treat Jennifer like garbage.
    This week's Avengers may change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    This week's Avengers may change your mind.
    From what I've seen in the preview and the bad dialogue, I highly doubt it. And people later complained about Avengers Assemble...
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 09-19-2018 at 12:55 AM.