Page 139 of 249 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3725

are her transformations anger-based now? Not willful?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I think its boring one. Not a fresh one. Its taking a great character taking most of what made character great away. Its been a bad build before the series snails pass to new she-hulk reveal.
    To each his/her own I guess but I'm with Cmbmool on this. I understand that it might be different for heavily invested She-Hulk fans (of which there seems to be quite many) but for me, who hasn't been reading much of She-Hulk before, it has quickly become a big favorite. I find it strong, poignant and tense. If Tamaki can keep this up it will become one of the best books Marvel puts out at the moment and I'll happily support it, perhaps to the dismay of diehard fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are her transformations anger-based now? Not willful?
    It looks like it, as it seems that she is in constant struggling trying to keep her human form.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    In the Soule run She-Hulk had a smaller She-Hulk form when she was around the office and would Hulk up more when she was in battle but I forget if she went full human in that series for more than a brief time, if any. If she didn't the last time I recall seeing plain Jennifer would be in the Peter David run, I can't recall but I think these were also brief. Regardless, the most Jennifer Walters was shown would be in the Slott run.
    If I remember correctly she was only in human form once, very briefly. In fact, as it was the first solo She-Hulk series I read, I honestly thought she could not go back to human form.

She spent time in human form in the first Gwenpool Holiday Special... she just chooses to stay green usually.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She spent time in human form in the first Gwenpool Holiday Special... she just chooses to stay green usually.
    Frankly, that special should have been the She-Hulk Holiday Special since Gwenpool was barely in it. Also, she did spent time in her human form, but mostly because the baddies made her feel so upset and down that she went back to human form. Not a bad comic, but man did that artwork stink. Was Soule never able to find a good artist for any of the times he wrote Jen?

Question for all She-Hulk fans, is it worth my time checking out Byrne's Fantastic Four run where She-Hulk was a member? She good in that run?
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 01-27-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Question for all She-Hulk fans, is it worth my time checking out Byrne's Fantastic Four run where She-Hulk was a member? She good in that run?
    Yes, most definitely. Because Byrne carried over Roger Stern's humor from Avengers. Because She-Hulk met Wyatt Wingfoot for the first time. Because She-Hulk became firmly entrenched as a lasting member of the FF's extended family. And because Byrne gave her this spotlight issue (cover links to Marvel Unlimited issue):

It foreshadowed the paparazzi/photo stalker phenomenon by a decade.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yes, most definitely. Because Byrne carried over Roger Stern's humor from Avengers. Because She-Hulk met Wyatt Wingfoot for the first time. Because She-Hulk became firmly entrenched as a lasting member of the FF's extended family. And because Byrne gave her this spotlight issue (cover links to Marvel Unlimited issue):

It foreshadowed the paparazzi/photo stalker phenomenon by a decade.
    Alright, thanks! I'm more of a physical copy kind of guy, so I'll track down the trades. They're pretty cheap all things considered from a brief look earlier on Amazon.

Finally got my hands on #2 today, and I loved it. I think it is fair to say that those who enjoyed #1 should enjoy this, but its not going to make any new fans. I like the fact that its taking its time and setting Jens new life up rather then rushing in. Its nice to see that Bradley is being fleshed out a bit more (And his gay!) plus the fact that Patsy is going to be involved. I know we saw her at the end, but I wonder if she appears out of costume in the cafe scene, right at the back? Probably a long shot...

Anyone have any idea what that robot-thingy is? Old villain or new? And for someone writing about PTSD Flo seems to be very un-sympathetic to Jen. She has been involved both times Jen has almost Hulked out. Its almost as if thats what she is trying to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Anyone have any idea what that robot-thingy is? Old villain or new? And for someone writing about PTSD Flo seems to be very un-sympathetic to Jen. She has been involved both times Jen has almost Hulked out. Its almost as if thats what she is trying to do...
    I think that could be the route they're going with her. Maybe she's a Hulk hater and wants to ruin She-Hulk as well. Maybe it ties in Secret Empire (please God no) or she's just incredibly stupid, which would be normal for Marvel citizens.

Anyhow, I read Geoff Johns' Avengers arc involving She-Hulk going off the rails... whoa is it horrendous. Johns does not get She-Hulk at all and Scott Kolins should never be allowed to draw any Hulk character ever again. In the same time period, storylines featuring terrible writing and awful artwork made Jen go off the rails (one of the writers came back a decade later and screwed her over again when you think about it).

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I think that could be the route they're going with her. Maybe she's a Hulk hater and wants to ruin She-Hulk as well. Maybe it ties in Secret Empire (please God no) or she's just incredibly stupid, which would be normal for Marvel citizens.

Anyhow, I read Geoff Johns' Avengers arc involving She-Hulk going off the rails... whoa is it horrendous. Johns does not get She-Hulk at all and Scott Kolins should never be allowed to draw any Hulk character ever again. In the same time period, storylines featuring terrible writing and awful artwork made Jen go off the rails (one of the writers came back a decade later and screwed her over again when you think about it).
    It wasn't bad considering what came but at least the reasons behind it were more reasonable then what seen recent changes. Better explained. Lead to return of human form more often as seen in Dan Slott run. Something good came out of it.

So far, I get a couple of people mentioning that this story of Hulk isn't good, that it's boring and a dis-service to the character. I think it's just taste; if I want fun and simpler times of easy black and white superheroes and villains, I'll re-read great story arcs from the past or some titles that are actually meant to be written that way. I haven't thought of the second issue as boring, psychological issues are very hard to depict and many people still don't understand how much of an impact mental health plays. Personally I'm not fond of reading lengthy books unless it is career related. On my leisurely time, reading comics have been growing on me. The writing, artwork and coloring are all elements of subjectivity that could be shared and molded in many different ways, talking to fans like you guys bring in a whole different experience.

Even though there have been reviewers commenting how boring issue 2 was; this book is doing a great job in representing how it feels to be in a state of mind where you know something is seriously wrong about how much your grasp of life has been shaken up. Feeling like crap to feeling okay is not like an on and off switch where sheer will power pushes the problem(s) away, it's like what Jen has been saying 'It's always here'. The situation about this story has to be observed from a different angle. I take a step back and find that Jennifer's reason to be angry and stressed out are real. Even as She-Hulk, she's proved that being manipulated, used and betrayed by her own fellow superhero friends bring out all of those negative emotions out of her. She had a hard time coping with loss of control in the past, however all of those incidents were external and she had to learn how to forgive herself. What makes this different is that this loss of control is due to an internal/personal perception of self-identity and helplessness.

Soule's run:
    - The firm that had hired Jen as their lawyer, took advantage of her due to corporate greed.
    - People taking her words lightly when she is actually being serious.
    - When Night-watcher nearly made Jen kill Hellcat and tried to justify his salvation against the hundreds of lives that was sacrificed to make the world see him as a hero. Taking the easy way out and almost succeeding in what Scarlet Witch has made Jen do to Vision.

Civil War II:
    - Jen lost her court case that was defending a fundamental part of justice: Innocent until proven guilty/in-due-process. Her client was killed before she could make her point.
    - She would have stepped into a bigger moral role had she not been thrown into a coma. Her involvement would have made a critical impact in the CWII event. She is part of the Living Tribunal and has been attested for trying to change the future for crying out loud.
    - Again with the coma, this is where it connects to her feeling of helplessness as she was unable to prevent Bruce's death, Hawkeye's trial results and the funeral filled with the screams of society's hate for the Hulk.
    - The senseless fighting over a concept that Tony Stark was clearly right about. Jen would have sided with Tony and be another voice of reason against Carol's willingness to keep relying on Ulysses. But by that point the superhero community side-lined her and went about their own agenda. Heroes and friends visited her while she was unconscious, but what happened after she woke up? Did she start to tell people to leave her alone as she felt the monstrous transformation settle in more?

A lot of it feels like paralysis as the thoughts flood into your reality with an event or bombardment of events that changed your life. With the way things are unveiling now-a-days, stories like Hulk (2016-), Mighty and Unworthy Thor, Agent Venom, Punisher, Spider-man (2016) and a couple of others may be able to help people that maybe be entering that state of mind as well. Give me a story that I can relate to; something that can show me what I'm feeling isn't wrong and that there are people that empathizes with our heroes because that's what makes them human too. Personally this book is an important read, because it is actually fulfilling that wish for me.
    Last edited by elementalist; 01-29-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Obviously outdated but fun to think Jen was most powerful female in marvel universe and in top 15 overall:
    http://www.cbr.com/the-strongest-mar...trading-cards/

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Obviously outdated but fun to think Jen was most powerful female in marvel universe and in top 15 overall:
    http://www.cbr.com/the-strongest-mar...trading-cards/
    All things considered, probably still is in terms of pure, utter power. This new Grey She-Hulk thing probably only boosts her.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementalist View Post
    So far, I get a couple of people mentioning that this story of Hulk isn't good, that it's boring and a dis-service to the character. I think it's just taste; if I want fun and simpler times of easy black and white superheroes and villains, I'll re-read great story arcs from the past or some titles that are actually meant to be written that way. I haven't thought of the second issue as boring, psychological issues are very hard to depict and many people still don't understand how much of an impact mental health plays. Personally I'm not fond of reading lengthy books unless it is career related. On my leisurely time, reading comics have been growing on me. The writing, artwork and coloring are all elements of subjectivity that could be shared and molded in many different ways, talking to fans like you guys bring in a whole different experience.

Even though there have been reviewers commenting how boring issue 2 was; this book is doing a great job in representing how it feels to be in a state of mind where you know something is seriously wrong about how much your grasp of life has been shaken up. Feeling like crap to feeling okay is not like an on and off switch where sheer will power pushes the problem(s) away, it's like what Jen has been saying 'It's always here'. The situation about this story has to be observed from a different angle. I take a step back and find that Jennifer's reason to be angry and stressed out are real. Even as She-Hulk, she's proved that being manipulated, used and betrayed by her own fellow superhero friends bring out all of those negative emotions out of her. She had a hard time coping with loss of control in the past, however all of those incidents were external and she had to learn how to forgive herself. What makes this different is that this loss of control is due to an internal/personal perception of self-identity and helplessness.

Soule's run:
    - The firm that had hired Jen as their lawyer, took advantage of her due to corporate greed.
    - People taking her words lightly when she is actually being serious.
    - When Night-watcher nearly made Jen kill Hellcat and tried to justify his salvation against the hundreds of lives that was sacrificed to make the world see him as a hero. Taking the easy way out and almost succeeding in what Scarlet Witch has made Jen do to Vision.

Civil War II:
    - Jen lost her court case that was defending a fundamental part of justice: Innocent until proven guilty/in-due-process. Her client was killed before she could make her point.
    - She would have stepped into a bigger moral role had she not been thrown into a coma. Her involvement would have made a critical impact in the CWII event. She is part of the Living Tribunal and has been attested for trying to change the future for crying out loud.
    - Again with the coma, this is where it connects to her feeling of helplessness as she was unable to prevent Bruce's death, Hawkeye's trial results and the funeral filled with the screams of society's hate for the Hulk.
    - The senseless fighting over a concept that Tony Stark was clearly right about. Jen would have sided with Tony and be another voice of reason against Carol's willingness to keep relying on Ulysses. But by that point the superhero community side-lined her and went about their own agenda. Heroes and friends visited her while she was unconscious, but what happened after she woke up? Did she start to tell people to leave her alone as she felt the monstrous transformation settle in more?

A lot of it feels like paralysis as the thoughts flood into your reality with an event or bombardment of events that changed your life. With the way things are unveiling now-a-days, stories like Hulk (2016-), Mighty and Unworthy Thor, Agent Venom, Punisher, Spider-man (2016) and a couple of others may be able to help people that maybe be entering that state of mind as well. Give me a story that I can relate to; something that can show me what I'm feeling isn't wrong and that there are people that empathizes with our heroes because that's what makes them human too. Personally this book is an important read, because it is actually fulfilling that wish for me.
    An excellently written piece of why this run resonates with people. I'm not of those people, but I feel you brought up good points and I always support looking at something from the other side. If I may counter, I hope to bring up the hurdles that prevent me from embracing this direction. Jennifer has experienced being full on Hulk mode for brief and scattered moments throughout her history. She knows the power she possesses not from her own experiences but also of the Hulk's damage. She is willing to endanger the lives of everyone around her even as what control she does have a grip on is starting to get slippery. She's hasn't learned from the first mistake Bruce made that the Hulk is a just monster that you can't let out. Despite Jen being Hulk when she woke up and heard the news of Bruce with nothing bad happened besides her bed rest being crushed, as the Triskelion is fine for the Civil War 2 big battle. This brings me to my biggest problem with this currently nicely written, well drawn (I wish I could enjoy it more) series, that this is Bruce's story replace being hunted from the government with day job as a lawyer. When I read Jennifer's monologues I see a completely different person. When Jen was on A-Force and saw what Dazzler was going through she made sure she spoke with her, to be with her and stand by her to tell her she wasn't alone until she was willing to open up herself and begin healing. Even if Jen has lost faith in the more power hungry, manipulative superheroes their are still plenty who do have her best interests at heart and love her as their sister-in-arms, from old Avenger ally Wasp to new bff Patsy, that she would immediately seek out to work though her problems.
    For the Soule's run examples, Yes I agree she was used for her superhero status by the firm but she didn't give them a second thought, and didn't Jen learn Night-Watcher was retconned and originally a bad guy so she wouldn't be betrayed by a fellow super-hero that time. In addition, being affected by failing to go down the darker path Jen already took would just mean she learned nothing from the first, actual time.
    Civil War 2: -I agree this would trouble her deeply
    -She was fighting Thanos the guy for fights Galactus 1v1 and survives, I really hope she doesn't blame herself for being in a coma
    -helpless but because she choose to risk her life to save lives, agreed and agreed
    -I would also like to know.

That's 5 other comics from just Marvel that are telling a similar story. Why change the character so much so she can be like others, what does this story bring that those others or Bruce's stories aren't/did? Its great if this series helps people who are in a similar position but if those stories have similar themes of a great sickness Thor, betrayal and self loathing Thor, unable to control oneself Venom, I should have protected my loved ones Punisher, suffering continuos tragedy Spider-Man, the people who should have loved me hurt me so now I have a monster inside of me Bruce, then Hulk fails to breaks ground and doesn't provide a new connection as people already have that one character who fills that role for them perfectly. I agree seeing yourself in heroes matters greatly to people. I personally feel I can't relate to this Jennifer Walters anymore, yes she is afraid but not because she is shy but because she has what she thinks is a monster inside of her. Jennifer Walter's lucky chance to become something better than who she was lead to her becoming more confident. Seeing her more confident lead myself to be less reserve, to crack a joke more often when it popped into my head rather than keeping it locked up inside, to take a chance and let go of my fears to see a smile not only on my face but those around me as well. As this book fulfills that wish for you it has lost me. I hope you and anyone else who may enjoy this run to enjoy it as much as I enjoy reading previous runs on She-Hulk.