Page 202 of 249 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Hello all!

So I'm currently attempting to gain She-Hulk SUPERFAN status and am reading all of her runs. I'm currently up to the Slott era and while I've already read the Soule run, is it safe to say I can kinda skip the current run by the time I get to it? I know she's supposed to be dealing with some heavy stuff in it but it's been kind of flying under the radar and it feels like one of those things that many people aren't going to remember in the long run?
    You can't be a superfan unless you've read this slop like the rest of us superfans.

What are your favorite She-Hulk stories so far?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You can't be a superfan unless you've read this slop like the rest of us superfans.

He better say the Byrne run, or he’s DEAD. TO. ME.

So I read #162 a few days ago, and while it’s not as bad as I expected, it still felt like a slap in face regarding the main topic of mental health. The subject is dealt with in a rushed and clumsy manner. Its a shame, because Tamaki has had three arcs to build towards this but in reality, has done little in actually dealing with the core subject. Also, its weird how its only now the writer seems to have picked up on Jens 4th wall braking skills. The many uses of it here kinda makes said moments she doses it feel out of place, given how (With the exception of that strange issue a while back) the majority of the book seems to have avoid that aspect of her character completely. Still, its nice to see that Jen is (Mostly) back to her green self at the end. Will be interesting to see what tone Tamaki leaves the book at.

One more issue until this book ends... fingers crossed Jen comes back in some important way soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Do NOT read further unless you care little about Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers: Your assumption is correct. However, based on how the issue went, this (She-)Hulk was the result of her fears rather than her rage.
    Belated thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    I'd sign it
    Me too. I think its important we show Marvel that, while She-Hulk fans may not have been keen on her latest solo, we still love her and want to see her in more stuff.

The Women of Marvel Podcast interviewing She-Hulk writer Mariko Tamaki: https://news.marvel.com/comics/84174/hulk-punches-back/
    Tamaki talks about inspiration for the trauma, the use of She-Hulk's big two colors green and purple to display the mood, purple for a more calm mood, but more and more green shades when Jen is getting more anger, etc.
    Oh, thanks! for pointing that out! I will check it when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    I haaven't paid much mind to IGN reviews in ages, and I would recommend doing the same. They're all over the place.
    I kinda never trust reviews, period.

Yeah, to be honest She-Hulk is such a great character and I've enjoyed her stories in the past, but I feel they don't know what to do with her right now. Really don't want her to slowly slip down to a Z-grade hero with occasional guest appearances/cameos. I feel like they kind of wanted to reinvent the character with the PTSD and all that but I think they should give her a decently straightforward and most of all fun run of her own, get someone cool like Allred on the art and make stories that people actually want to read. I still think they shouldn't forget about her PTSD, they need to acknowledge it but not make it too big a part of her character.
    I agree with this. The next series, I think, really needs to highlight how fun a character Jen is. Also, I think it would be good if the PTSD/Tamaki run was not completely forgotten about. For example, if Jen is really pushed in battle, we could see hits of her gray, scarred for appear.

Hello all!

So I'm currently attempting to gain She-Hulk SUPERFAN status and am reading all of her runs. I'm currently up to the Slott era and while I've already read the Soule run, is it safe to say I can kinda skip the current run by the time I get to it? I know she's supposed to be dealing with some heavy stuff in it but it's been kind of flying under the radar and it feels like one of those things that many people aren't going to remember in the long run?
    Welcome to the fandom! If you are a fan of Jen, i am sure that means you can already call yourself a superfan!

Yeah, I think you can skip the Tamaki run if you want. I doubt that much, if anything, will really be carried on from that series to whatever Jen does next. That said, I would suggest trying it if you have the time. It may not be very popular with most Shulkie fans, but it has its admires and isn't all that bad I think.

Oh, and make sure you read Peter David's run after Slotts. I feel his time on the book is normally overshadowed by Slott, but its my personal favourite She-Hulk run.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Hello all!

This (She-)Hulk persona has shown up in Thor and Daredevil, the interest with other writers to explore this She-Hulk is out there but sorta as their own interpretation almost cut off from how the solo depicts her and she hasn't appeared in any major events. Maybe another writer will give this persona the Joe Fixit treatment and flesh out it out later down the line. However, I feel this run has been negatively received from alienating a good chunk of the established fans sad to see Jen lose so much progress in control/retreading the now old story of what if She-Hulk lost control just like Hulk and even with the new fans hooked on the trauma aspect from fumbling how Jen is lifted from that burden. I say give the first issue a try as there are She-Hulk fans old and new who did enjoy this possibility but just know that the conclusion won't be satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Belated thanks!

Oh, thanks! for pointing that out! I will check it when I can.
    You're welcome!

This (She-)Hulk persona has shown up in Thor and Daredevil, the interest with other writers to explore this She-Hulk is out there but sorta as their own interpretation almost cut off from how the solo depicts her and she hasn't appeared in any major events. Maybe another writer will give this persona the Joe Fixit treatment and flesh out it out later down the line. However, I feel this run has been negatively received from alienating a good chunk of the established fans sad to see Jen lose so much progress in control/retreading the now old story of what if She-Hulk lost control just like Hulk and even with the new fans hooked on the trauma aspect from fumbling how Jen is lifted from that burden. I say give the first issue a try as there are She-Hulk fans old and new who did enjoy this possibility but just know that the conclusion won't be satisfactory.
    I rather see never brought back up ever again. It was bad idea. Badly executed. Badly thought out. Unless someone can start fixing many plot holes left over from cwii then just best to move on.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I rather see never brought back up ever again. It was bad idea. Badly executed. Badly thought out. Unless someone can start fixing many plot holes left over from cwii then just best to move on.
    I wouldn't say a bad idea per say as inner conflict is great conflict to have with a character as physically strong as a Hulk but definitely agree with ultimately bad execution.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'd like to see how someone who actually has gone through mental trauma would evaluate Tamaki's run. The niece of our choir mistress is an advocate about mental health so I think I'll loan my issues for her for her to read and review.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

so what's the latest with the current storyline?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'd like to see how someone who actually has gone through mental trauma would evaluate Tamaki's run. The niece of our choir mistress is an advocate about mental health so I think I'll loan my issues for her for her to read and review.
    That would be nice to hear. Cause I'm planning my overview article on the series and I can only really approach it in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what's the latest with the current storyline?
    Well, She-Hulk is back to her green self with little problem now it feels like. Only one issue left to go and the main story is dealt with. All that's left to do is deal with Hawkeye and Captain Marvel for helping cause Jen's situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Ha! Fair enough Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    He better say the Byrne run, or he’s DEAD. TO. ME.
    Tis! Loved Byrne having her break the fourth wall and the panel layouts that go with it are phenomenal. Jen is such a fun, charismatic and likable lead. Really getting into her character has me even more baffled how Carol got the push over her.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Welcome to the fandom! If you are a fan of Jen, i am sure that means you can already call yourself a superfan!

Yeah, I think you can skip the Tamaki run if you want. I doubt that much, if anything, will really be carried on from that series to whatever Jen does next. That said, I would suggest trying it if you have the time. It may not be very popular with most Shulkie fans, but it has its admires and isn't all that bad I think.

Oh, and make sure you read Peter David's run after Slotts. I feel his time on the book is normally overshadowed by Slott, but its my personal favourite She-Hulk run.
    Good to know. I’ll honestly still probably give this run a shot anyway. The completist in me.
    I’m sure this convo has already been had to death in the thread but who are the writers you all would like to take a shot at Shulkie? And what type of stories would you like them to tap into?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Slott's run was fun but he's moving to Iron Man so highly unlikely he'd return to She-Hulk. Maybe Willow Wilson of Ms. Marvel can do a good She-Hulk solo; she already co-wrote her in A-Force.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ha! Fair enough Lol.

Tis! Loved Byrne having her break the fourth wall and the panel layouts that go with it are phenomenal. Jen is such a fun, charismatic and likable lead. Really getting into her character has me even more baffled how Carol got the push over her.
    Universal still has her movie rights like the Hulk, Marvel can't do anything with her in a film outside of her being a supporting character with limited screentime.

That's probably why they're rolling with Carol.

I mean, I'd like to see someone like Kelly Thompson give it a whirl but seeing as she's probably going to go to Jessica Jones next, that probably isn't happening. I honestly have no clue who would fit as the writer for She-Hulk. I know I'd want something a lil more lighthearted and fun, kinda like the Slott Silver Surfer (even though it did have some gut-punch moments). I'd like to see Allred on the art, though.

Has Jennifer used her lawyer background to work for NGOs where women have drastic human rights issues? Just wondering. Could be a new career path and a way for her to travel the world and encounter new people.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Universal still has her movie rights like the Hulk, Marvel can't do anything with her in a film outside of her being a supporting character with limited screentime.

That's probably why they're rolling with Carol.
    I actually had forgotten all about the Universal rights. Ugh.

I mean, I'd like to see someone like Kelly Thompson give it a whirl but seeing as she's probably going to go to Jessica Jones next, that probably isn't happening. I honestly have no clue who would fit as the writer for She-Hulk. I know I'd want something a lil more lighthearted and fun, kinda like the Slott Silver Surfer (even though it did have some gut-punch moments). I'd like to see Allred on the art, though.
    I don't know if could be poached but I'd really love Marvel to snatch Renae De Liz up for She-Hulk. She wrote The Legend of Wonder Woman book for DC a few years back and it was great stuff. Fun, engaging, great art...all the things I want for Jen's next book.