Page 234 of 249 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    Me too. I re-read the entire run so far and it plays really nicely together. Big super-hero brawl with big universe ending stakes to start it off and now a little bit of explanation. Most writers who have ever used Jen on The Avengers before have simply had her there on the team. She's AWESOME while she's there, but she's always kind of just been there. With the exception of a few times, rarely has any kind of story line in The Avengers books revolved around her. Most writers have her on as the good team player and the muscle. We did get a few glimpses of She-Hulk driven stories such as Search for She-Hulk following the Red Zone. Or how she played a large part in the lead up to the Avengers disbanding for a moment after being betrayed by Dr. Druid... But we don't get a lot. I honestly can't think of another one. There's never really any true character development with She-Hulk while she's on the Avengers. I mean, I can think of specific issues that center on almost every other character multiple times or how they were driving forces in numerous Avengers stories, and despite being one of the best Avengers, I can't think of any for Jen at the moment. And Aaron AT LEAST seems invested in the character!!! She's one of the core players of his book, you know? She's not the member that was rotated in for a single story arc to be the humor and the muscle (like in Busiek's run... although that is my favorite run of Avengers ever). She's core to the team. He put her there for a reason. He's going to explore the character. I'm honestly thankful.

If it doesn't work? It doesn't work. If it does and the character gets some good airtime from it? Awesome!!

And the relationship with Thor... I can't say it enough. I'm there. Maybe it's MY fanfic haha! Whatever? I love that he's going to explore it! To me, they've been a perfect match since she first calmed down a bit after joining The Avengers.
    I definitely share a lot of your sentiments about Jen's past history on the Avengers and her possible future on this team. I really like to give writers the chance to be creative. Jen and Thor dating is not reaching by a long stretch. In fact I like the idea. Having team members involved in a relationship can only help develop said characters. I'm not sure what Aaron is ultimately planning for her, but it could play out well to have someone in her corner as she's going through her trying time. It seems like Jen is in denial and having Thor there could bring back a quality dramatic feel that most team books have been lacking for many years. Since Jen doesn't have her own title as of now, I hope she will be a central point in this tale.

Here's to hoping Gail Simone gets a call.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    It didn't REALLY specify that though, did it?

They said since the encounter with the Celestials her body is now storing more gamma energy than ever before and that she's sometimes able to release it in explosive ways, even beyond what the Hulk can generate. It was noted that this is why she had less access to her full mental capabilities but that the smart mouth lawyer was still in control (so even if she can't vocalize it, she's NOT just a Hulk carbon copy, she's actually being guided by the intelligent Jen inside and is still the character we've seen for the last few decades but she just can't form the words).

And that was kind of it. She refused to be sidelined until it was more explored because she said she worked hard to regain control of herself in the last couple of months, but that doesn't indicate that she can "control" which version of She-Hulk she'll be. I read that more as "I worked hard to overcome the crap that I was dealing with" and in my thoughts was a direct reference to her previous series, which everyone was complaining Aaron had forgotten or disregarded when in fact he didn't at all. With the amount of Gamma energy stored inside her, her "default" for the next little bit might be the speech impaired, yet still smart lawyer driven Jen, She-Hulk that we saw. And she even says that the new powers are a blessing and the world is going to get the biggest and baddest damn Hulk the world has ever seen.

That kind of said to me, expect the speech impaired, yet still technically being driven by the smart witty humorous She-Hulk we know (even if she can't vocalize it), for the next little bit. And if her appearance in Immortal Hulk is anything to go by, I think that's what we're going to get until her storyline is played out here. BUT, at least Aaron is doing a story line with her! That in my opinion, is awesome!
    I agree but at this moment it's still up for interpretation on what her default Hulk form but I think she was green when she de-hulked in the flashback. Appearances else where like Captain Marvel have her in normal She-Hulk form so at least at some point will be able to transform to that form. After reading Avengers and Immortal Hulk it seems anger is the key to trigger this new form (like most Hulks) rather than at will but we will see how this develops.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I don't think she is stronger than the hulk.
    She is probably stronger than a base Savage Hulk, I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    yep.

I wonder if she has immortality as well.

How has She-Hulk been in the Avengers title?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How has She-Hulk been in the Avengers title?

uh.......different
    The J-man

I agree but at this moment it's still up for interpretation on what her default Hulk form but I think she was green when she de-hulked in the flashback. Appearances else where like Captain Marvel have her in normal She-Hulk form so at least at some point will be able to transform to that form. After reading Avengers and Immortal Hulk it seems anger is the key to trigger this new form (like most Hulks) rather than at will but we will see how this develops.

It looks like anger is a factor, but not the only thing to trigger the new form.

As far as her strength, Aaron specifically stated that she is stronger than her cousin ever was. I'm not sure if he's seen Hulk's upper showings, but that's what he wrote. Also, I think in the World War Hulk Handbook it was stated that Jen was class 100 then. She is supposed to be more powerful now.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yep.

I wonder if she has immortality as well.
    The way Al Ewing is setting it up in the Immortal Hulk, it's possible all Gamma-Affected Beings are immortal. I'm not sure if under new EIC C.B. Cebulski that the MU will be more cohesive, but so far it feels that way.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-22-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post

As far as her strength, Aaron specifically stated that she is stronger than her cousin ever was. I'm not sure if he's seen Hulk's upper showings, but that's what he wrote. Also, I think in the World War Hulk Handbook it was stated that Jen was class 100 then. She is supposed to be more powerful now.

yeah, whatever. The Hulk AKA Bruce Banner is the strongest one there is. His strength is limitless and infinite as stated by both Eternity and the Beyonder. In the Heart of the Monster story line, Umar was begging for Strange to remove him from the Dark Dimension because of the destruction he was unleashing and his punches had become so powerful they were disintegrating worlds.

Gamma affects individuals differently, which is why the Hulk was the only one with exponentially increasing strength. Why the Abomination turned out the way he did and Jen and so on an so forth.

Hopefully Ewing will have the Hulk wipe up the Avengers including Jen in Hulk #7. In a recent interview when asked how powerful this incarnation of Hulk was, he stated that he was stronger than anyone singular person.
    Last edited by Uggha; 09-22-2018 at 11:26 AM.

It looks like anger is a factor, but not the only thing to trigger the new form.

hm interesting.

The way Al Ewing is setting it up in the Immortal Hulk, it's possible all Gamma-Affected Beings are immortal. I'm not sure if under new EIC C.B. Cebulski that the MU will be more cohesive, but so far it feels that way.
    yeah, true.

Well it's still all speculation at the moment, as we are only now learning of this form and possible of what's it capable of.or it limits which I am sure will unfold as the story progress.

As far as her strength, Aaron specifically stated that she stronger than her cousin ever was. I'm not sure if he's seen Hulk's upper showings, but that's what he wrote. Also, I think in the World War Hulk Handbook it was stated that Jen was class 100 then. She is supposed to be more powerful now.
    Again I think it was referring to your basic Savage Hulk. We have seen energy coming from her eyes that's good indicator if going by past Hulk incarnations like World breaker or even Red She-hulk in Heart of the Monster did. I am not saying she is anyway near that it's the closest example I could think of.

That is possible She-Hulk has died before and has been brought back via gamma exposure, Doc Samson came back from dust.

Well it's still all speculation at the moment, as we are only now learning of this form and possible of what's it capable of.or it limits which I am sure will unfold as the story progress.
    Yes it is. I hope the payoff will be worth it. I think Marvel is trying build on the mythos of all Gamma-Affected Beings right now.

Again I think it was referring to your basic Savage Hulk. We have seen energy coming from her eyes that's good indicator if going by past Hulk incarnations like World breaker or even Red She-hulk in Heart of the Monster did. I am not saying she is anyway near that it's the closest example I could think of.
    I'm just stating what Jennifer herself said, that she was made stronger and is probably stronger than her cousin Bruce at the moment. I'm sure we'll see if this is the case in next month's Immortal Hulk. I believe Jen's eyes have been shown to glow as well. However, I'm not sure if her entire body has ever radiated energy.

That is possible She-Hulk has died before and has been brought back via gamma exposure, Doc Samson came back from dust.
    Death probably has an effect on all gamma irradiated characters. It seems to bring out something "more" in them when they regenerate.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-22-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Yes it is. I hope the payoff will be worth it. I think Marvel is trying build on the mythos of all Gamma-Affected Beings right now.
    You might be right it's going to be very interesting.

I'm just stating what Jennifer herself said, that she was made stronger and is probably stronger than her cousin Bruce at the moment. I'm sure we'll see if this is the case in next month's Immortal Hulk. I believe Jen's eyes have been shown to glow as well. However, I'm not sure if her entire body has ever radiated energy.
    There sparks coming off her when she was in the ice room with Thor if that counts. That does make me speculate that she wasn't using her full max strength against the Celestials. As for Immortal Hulk fight it be interesting do we know who is in the drivers seat? I am sure everyone is going to have a good showing.

Death probably has an effect on all gamma irradiated characters. It seems to bring out something "more" in them when they regenerate.
    Kind of reminds me of the Saiyans from Dragon Ball. Who get stronger from being close too or have died and come back.

BANNED

I think that Aaron on She-Hulk is a bad idea given Aaron’s previous written Marvel stories trample over past history and has characters actually acting out of character in some case.

To those that find this entire tale entertaining good for you, but it is just not for me at all.

You might be right it's going to be very interesting.

There sparks coming off her when she was in the ice room with Thor if that counts. That does make me speculate that she wasn't using her full max strength against the Celestials. As for Immortal Hulk fight it be interesting do we know who is in the drivers seat? I am sure everyone is going to have a good showing.
    Yes, that was the first time I can recall anything like that happening to her.

Also, technically there should be no such thing as "full max strength" if one is said to have unlimited strength or power.

Kind of reminds me of the Saiyans from Dragon Ball. Who get stronger from being close too or have died and come back.
    A little, but it seems that gamma-affected beings already have the ability for limitless power. Dying and returning to life must cause something else to happen. I can't wait to hear Al Ewing's reveal on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I think that Aaron on She-Hulk is a bad idea given Aaron’s previous written Marvel stories trample over past history and has characters actually acting out of character in some case.

To those that find this entire tale entertaining good for you, but it is just not for me at all.
    Actually so far on Avengers, it seems Aaron is sticking closer to Marvel Comics original ideas of how their earth started. There are some tweaks, but it's much more closer than Jonathan Hickman's revisionist Marvel Universe history.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-23-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Yes, that was the first time I can recall anything like that happening to her.

Also, technically there should be no such thing as "full max strength" if one is said to have unlimited strength or power.
    A better choice of words but we still didn't see any sparks coming off her when she was fighting the Celestials if anything it looked like she was having fun.

A little, but it seems that gamma-affected beings already have the ability for limitless power. Dying and returning to life must cause something else to happen. I can't wait to hear Al Ewing's reveal on this.
    Like I said it kind of like it but no it much. But yeah it will interesting maybe even a cross over story.