Page 113 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3725
    BANNED

after what civil war II's done to her she'd have to be nuttier than harley quinn to still be upbeat sexy fun and bubbly

and being a hulk it's never a good idea to swallow your emotions and pretend everything's okay because eventually it'll blow up in your face and You'll just start killing everyone around you

we have more than enough happy silly upbeat female heroes in their own books

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    after what civil war II's done to her she'd have to be nuttier than harley quinn to still be upbeat sexy fun and bubbly

and being a hulk it's never a good idea to swallow your emotions and pretend everything's okay because eventually it'll blow up in your face and You'll just start killing everyone around you

I haven't read a single Civil War II book. Nor do I intend to do so. Just from what I'm hearing from others, though, this story DESERVES to be forgotten and ignored by everyone. NO writer should be required to clean up the mess that CW II has made of the Marvel Universe.

Leaving that aside? If the writer's intent is to have Jen go through an angry phase, then somehow magically go back to being herself again? Fine and dandy. I'll check in once I see green, sexy, and funny Jen on the cover again. I won't support a book featuring Jen going on a journey to recover from a story that never should've happened in the first place.

I refused to touch ANYTHING Spider-Man related after One More Day. Until One More Day is gone, Spider-Man isn't Spider-Man to me. Well? Until this status quo changes for Jen, then she also isn't Jen to me anymore, and I won't support this status quo that destroyed the Jen I liked. If it's temporary? Fine. But if, as others suggest, this may end up being her new status quo for the foreseeable future? Well, then, I guess this is the end of the line for me as a She-Hulk fan. I've survived without Spider-Man in my life for years, I guess I can survive this too.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

So distrusting especially of the writer I see. You guys always give me an excuse to root for Mariko Tamaki's Hulk to succeed.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    So distrusting especially of the writer I see. You guys always give me an excuse to root for Mariko Tamaki's Hulk to succeed.
    I don't know Tamaki from Adam. To my knowledge, I've never read anything she's ever written. I have no prejudice about her at all. This STORY seems completely unappealing to me. I'd feel the same way if it was being written by a dream team of my very favorite writers.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I never said she should marvel set this up for well this should have set off as going out of control. Jen's not a rookie. She new what was getting into. Been through a hell of a lot. Not first time she been near death. She died before. Yeah I get there should be consequences to other aspects of her life maybe. To this control just ignores character history.
    To say we have enough silly upbeat female heroes books is stupid. Marvel books have become so dark in recent years you can never have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I haven't read a single Civil War II book. Nor do I intend to do so. Just from what I'm hearing from others, though, this story DESERVES to be forgotten and ignored by everyone. NO writer should be required to clean up the mess that CW II has made of the Marvel Universe.

Leaving that aside? If the writer's intent is to have Jen go through an angry phase, then somehow magically go back to being herself again? Fine and dandy. I'll check in once I see green, sexy, and funny Jen on the cover again. I won't support a book featuring Jen going on a journey to recover from a story that never should've happened in the first place.

I refused to touch ANYTHING Spider-Man related after One More Day. Until One More Day is gone, Spider-Man isn't Spider-Man to me. Well? Until this status quo changes for Jen, then she also isn't Jen to me anymore, and I won't support this status quo that destroyed the Jen I liked. If it's temporary? Fine. But if, as others suggest, this may end up being her new status quo for the foreseeable future? Well, then, I guess this is the end of the line for me as a She-Hulk fan. I've survived without Spider-Man in my life for years, I guess I can survive this too.
    Amen to cwii crap. Journey based on bad comic I wish could but if can't should be better way to handle then this. Jen role in Civil War II as important character is really a "Plot point just to move story along" To many characters wasted that way lately. Like War Machine in it. Bruce Banner's death really meant so little to story. It means more to other books.
    By the way I totally agree OMD and I think renew your vows is only real spider-man book out.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 11-26-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

David Duke line it is drawn
    That is awesome.

and that's a reasonable concern as a she-hulk fan but again you gotta remember happy cheerful she-hulk had her time in the sun and it just didn't keep her on the map for marvel

it doesn't help that being painted as nothing more than a goofy sex object probably wouldn't fly so well in this current age
    I think an issue here is people seem to think this is a purely serious book but Mariko has said that the book will be both serious and funny which She-Hulk as a character is capable of being both. Also like every other She-Hulk series that came before Marvel and Mariko are doing something different with the character. Compare the Savage series to the John Byrne Sensational series or Slott, Peter David or Soule runs while some maybe a little similar, whether in tone or some of the situations but each have their own flavour but keep the core aspects of the character. While this new series is going to be different but what makes the character who she is will still be there.

Plus we don't really much about the new grey form, is she simply Hulk Smash kind of Hulk or more coherent but angry and implusive making her a bit too dangerous for Jen to stay in Hulk mode.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    The other thing is that this definitely is not by accident. Marvel and Disney have synergy going. They know Mark Ruffalo will age out quite soon and they need a Banner replacement in the MCU. Amadeus Cho might be a test, and this could be another test to see who'd best replace Bruce in the MCU by seeing who gets a better audience in the comics. Amadeus Cho is hovering around 25,000, which is above cancellation but not an ideal total. If Jen does better and stays there, that'll be another point in her favor as Disney continues to mine the Marvel quarry for marketable characters.
    I have been thinking that since she was made the leader of A-Force and this promotion has cemented it, let alone merchandise we have seen lately Jennifer will be coming to the MCU at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I always felt that Jennifer's human side was the core to her character. Just like Peter Parker's normal side is the core to his character. I once ask Soule if Peter Parker would be making a guest appearance in his She-Hulk run. Instead he blocked me from his Twitter page. Thus I never followed any of his work again. I would love to see a few of the non Spider-Man created characters a part of Peter's circle of close friends who can relate to him like Jennifer Walters human side to which a lot of writers have ignored in the past.
    With the new book and promotion she is going to be a too big to be in puny Peter's world, though he is welcome to be part of hers .

so what's going on with the new series? What's in the preview issue? What direction is the character going in now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what's going on with the new series? What's in the preview issue? What direction is the character going in now?
    Basically Jennifer is traumatized after losing Bruce and suffering a near death experience. She lost control of her Hulk self who is now grey with green scars and dark green hair, and also more visibly muscular than before. Now she spends most of the time as Jennifer Walters trying to keep control.

Its a darker and edgier direction and the preview pages show that with Jennifer beginning to transform against her will in classic Hulk fashion after... something happened (the preview pages were wordless).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I don't know Tamaki from Adam. To my knowledge, I've never read anything she's ever written. I have no prejudice about her at all. This STORY seems completely unappealing to me. I'd feel the same way if it was being written by a dream team of my very favorite writers.
    Somehow I doubt that. The thing is given the samples I've read of Tamaki's, I think she can nail. Rarely, I see women's anger being written by actual women so this is great for the character. It's kind of going back to the Savage She-Hulk days.

@MCBT
    I am curious to see how she takes it, I actually enjoyed Jen's first appearance in Marvel as Savage, started off believable but at the end; disappointing. This revisit can set things right and I'd be even happier to see Jen when she's back in the game, potentially leading another A-Force run or being a main member in another group, etc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    However, there has been so many stories of female characters taking the brunt of a terrible situation and just rolling with the aftermath with either:

1. They act fine and mention the terrible event in passing sometime later. Pfffff!!!! Either the emotion is being masked or readers say: See how strong willed she is? That's cool.
    Personally, I say no. Death/loss or personal ruin are not easily resolved on the fly; even when on the surface our heroes look fine, there is still turmoil on the inside. I see many of the layers and steps to recovery ignored; that's not how it is in real life. Many love Marvel stories through the relatability with their heroes and heroines.

2. Enter a revenge plot a couple of days after said loved one(s) or a group of people are slaughtered insensibly.
    This has been a very simple and straight-forward storyline that can lead to one-action scene to another; losing sight of what really needs to transpire at a psychological/emotional level.

I want to see how a successful individual such as Walters get knocked off her mantle and deal with the rage/anger. We all personally have life knocking us out of our comfort zone, how do we each get back on our feet when the enemy is our negative emotions? Jen's enemy takes form of turning into a monster fueled by those negative emotions, concentrated and specific but at the same time: blinding. As a writer myself, I feel like I understand where Mariko and Leon are taking this; a new age of comics diving into what particularly strikes as a pathway to recovery at a more self-conscious level. The comics today are more intergraded into our own culture than it ever has over a decade ago and I find that empowering.

Then again, there are people who want to see one side of a character without fail because that's what defines him or her and I understand that desire. But as time goes by in this thread, I am getting pretty disappointed to continue reading depreciation after depreciation. Instead of continuously going down this road of bickering and publicly announcing in-justice, can we reminisce the specific and "imagine if..." moments with Jen when she was Green Jeans?
    Last edited by elementalist; 11-26-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

I still think there will be room for humor and sex appeal in Mariko's run. You can't have a young woman running around who can spontaneously hulk into a muscle bond powerhouse without either of those two elements. I'm curious to know if Jen as the Hulk will simply scream and smash about, or will have some command of English. We'll just have to wait and see...

Y'know, if Jen is having problems controlling her emotions and powers, shouldn't she be consulting with Doc Samson or seeing him for therapy?

Is anybody going to acknowledge Samson is alive again ?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, if Jen is having problems controlling her emotions and powers, shouldn't she be consulting with Doc Samson or seeing him for therapy?

https://youtu.be/iIIuR-HjFho

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Great questions. Does jen even know he is alive again? Seems like the only one to know that is carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    I still think there will be room for humor and sex appeal in Mariko's run. You can't have a young woman running around who can spontaneously hulk into a muscle bond powerhouse without either of those two elements. I'm curious to know if Jen as the Hulk will simply scream and smash about, or will have some command of English. We'll just have to wait and see...
    Considering that when she first woke up grey in Civil War II she spoke clear English (just was easily riled up) I'm leaning towards the latter. I'd say the She-Hulk form is an extreme anti-hero a la Frank Castle.
    Last edited by macattack; 11-27-2016 at 10:28 AM.