Page 239 of 249 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hopefully the fight with Hulk will be a turning point for Jen.

He basically called her out for trying to be him, more specifically wanting to be like him.

Hulk doesn't want to be himself. Maybe she should used that excess power she's been granted some other way than trying to cosplay as the Savage Hulk.

Ball's in Aaron's court on that one though.
    Honestly, the fact that that scene didn’t happen in Avengers nor was it done by Aaron, I get the feeling that it’ll be completely ignored and no clarity, development or resolution will come of it.

Thor is definitely the little spoon after reading todays Hulk issue

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Minor spoiler Jen is still Hulk smash but Tchalla is helping her to control this Hulk side of her.
    did I miss this. I don't remember reading this at all during the issue
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    that will be funny.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Minor spoiler Jen is still Hulk smash but Tchalla is helping her to control this Hulk side of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    .....cause she can't control it and needs a guy to help her control herself? Oh come the f**k on.

Also, Immortal Hulk issue... the She-Hulk stuff was horrendous. I really miss She-Hulk.
    Its funny how Jen gets support from the Cat-themed supers, first Patsy and now the king himself. As long as Black Panther helps and Jen does the heavy lifting of controlling herself I'll be fine with it but that's a slippery slope. I feel if you just swap BP with Cap Marvel you avoid the "guy fixing the hysterical woman" trope. Plus its just makes more sense since BP has the new responsibility of being the Avenger's chairman and Carol has experience with this sorta thing with her history of going to support groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I dunno, I think Immortal Hulk cheated with Jen's appearance. She isn't drawn like that anywhere else and Marquez can make her look downright beautiful.
    I don't think they cheated per say as her recent appearance is solely from the gamma boost but the Immortal Hulk appearance was that plus the leftover feelings of what Bruce did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

did I miss this. I don't remember reading this at all during the issue
    It was in the Avengers issue, Carol mentions it when she and She-Hulk are fighting the Altanean soldiers.

I liked the Immortal's Hulk interpretation of She-Hulk that like Bruce, Jen was, for different reasons, also hiding a part of herself that the gamma radiation brought out.

So after reading Avengers and Immortal Hulk it seems Jen is not quite simple put female Banner Hulk. As pointed in the last issue this new power up makes her talk like a dimwit (a little bit like how Jane would say thing like 'verily' and 'nay' when she was Thor but on a bigger scale) but the lawyer still in the driver's seat. So she can understand what is being said but vocally cannot express it or at least when she is angry like what the Immortal Hulk said to her where she briefly spoke in first person before being knocked away from the fight, Tchalla's mental techniques is also helping with this. Also it would seem the more angry she gets the more Hulk like she becomes not just mentally but physically though this could be down to artist interpretation but what we saw in the Avengers she was more calm and big but not as huge as she has been depicted compare to Immortal Hulk huge monstress looking Jennifer. It's going to be interesting as things go on.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    .....cause she can't control it and needs a guy to help her control herself? Oh come the f**k on.
    I don't find T'challa's gender an issue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    welp, at least she is close to Hulk in strength and she surpassed Thor... by a lot.
    True, she matched Hulk in strength and only lost because he got into her head.
    He basically called her out for trying to be him, more specifically wanting to be like him.
    In a way Hulk did to She-Hulk what She-Hulk did to Abomination in Las Vegas, she got in his head too.
    I dunno, I think Immortal Hulk cheated with Jen's appearance. She isn't drawn like that anywhere else and Marquez can make her look downright beautiful.
    She-Hulk in Avengers was not as hulked-out as in Immortal Hulk in my opinion so she kept her looks. I did wish she had her Avengers costume in the latter though.
    So after reading Avengers and Immortal Hulk it seems Jen is not quite simple put female Banner Hulk.
    Cut out the rest but you have a very fair assessment and I agree with you.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

SAlso it would seem the more angry she gets the more Hulk like she becomes not just mentally but physically though this could be down to artist interpretation but what we saw in the Avengers she was more calm and big but not as huge as she has been depicted compare to Immortal Hulk huge monstress looking Jennifer.
    It's just down to artistic interpretation and generally being inconsistent about her looks. Remember when everyone was making a big deal about how She-Hulk looked in Hulk #6 (I described it as a muscled up Witch from Left 4 Dead) and what this could mean going forward? Yeah, nothing came from it. Just inconsistent artwork from artist to artist.

Hopefully the fight with Hulk will be a turning point for Jen.

Hulk doesn't want to be himself. Maybe she should used that excess power she's been granted some other way than trying to cosplay as the Savage Hulk.

Ball's in Aaron's court on that one though.
    I doubt anything is going to come from it. The sad thing is, I don't think Aaron really cares one way or the other what other writers do or how they depict She-Hulk. He wrote Jen like she was regular dumb Hulk in Thor #700 despite what Mariko Tamaki was writing her series. Ewing is pretty much saying that She-Hulk should not be like Hulk, but Aaron is still writing her like Hulk. He's doing his "archetype"/"Hulk-lite" approach with She-Hulk and he's sticking to it.

I think we're just dealing with the usual we see from writers. One person writes a character a certain way, ignoring how everyone else writes the character. It's like when Mark Millar wrote She-Hulk to be on the Pro-Registration side and be cool with locking friends up in Civil War, while Dan Slott wrote her... like herself where she wasn't on the side and was against locking people up. I just don't see Aaron here taking anything from what Ewing or Tamaki were doing with Jen

BANNED

I enjoyed how Immortal Hulk used Jen and it shows that her recent power boost was just plain dumb and she was supposed to be the Good female Hulk in the series.

Astonishing Member

Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-14-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Something different, Avengers #227 fan mail, with reactions to She-Hulk's first team adventure in #222.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Supergirl's Pal is so gonna love this! A She-Hulk/Supergirl mash-up. From CBR's Worlds Collide: 25 Crazy Marvel And DC Fan Mashups We Wish Were Real.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

So, I am going to get a She-Hulk tattoo in the next few months, but I am not 100% sure what picture to have. It will take up half my forearm. Its between these two pics at the moment... anyone got suggestions for other Jen pics I could use?

mike-mayhew-she-hulk-no-9-cover-she-hulk_a-G-13754197-13198931.jpg

she-hulk-marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-2.85.jpg
    Last edited by Valamist; 10-16-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Supergirl's Pal is so gonna love this! A She-Hulk/Supergirl mash-up. From CBR's Worlds Collide: 25 Crazy Marvel And DC Fan Mashups We Wish Were Real.

That does look cool! Thank you for sharing Ravin' Ray!

Something different, Avengers #227 fan mail, with reactions to She-Hulk's first team adventure in #222.
    Its cool to see such a positive reaction.

With sunlight hurting the og Hulk, I wonder if the more they lose control, from kyptronite, red sun, etc, would the Hulk/Super mash ups tradeoff for greater strength they would lose part of their other powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    So, I am going to get a She-Hulk tattoo in the next few months, but I am not 100% sure what picture to have. It will take up half my forearm. Its between these two pics at the moment... anyone got suggestions for other Jen pics I could use?
    I think I like you're first suggestion the best but here are some more to keep your options open. (Sorry if these are not applicable, don't know much about tattoos.)
    She-Hulk_Vol_3_1_Stegman_Variant_Textless.jpg
    She-HulkMuscleBeach.jpg - Just the Shulkie bit not the background, I imagine this one will be the most painful from the level of detail needed
    She-Hulk-gets-messy-700x1088.jpg - I would ask to change the blood color to a dark green for accuracy unless you prefer the more visual striking color use of red
    I'll pm one more, curse you 3 image limit! *Shakes fist at monitor*

She-Hulk January Solicitations
    AVEN2018012.jpg
    AVENGERS #12
    JASON AARON (W) • ED McGUINNESS (A)
    COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
    MARVEL 80TH VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    THE ALL-NEW SECRET AVENGERS!
    It’s hard to run the Avengers without a support staff. And for a team as wild, weird and insanely powerful as this new Avengers squad, just one Jarvis would never do. Luckily, Black Panther has assembled the wildest and weirdest support staff you’ve ever seen. Meet Gorilla Man, Ka-Zar and the rest of the Agents of Wakanda.
    DMLOGAN2019003-cov.jpg
    DEAD MAN LOGAN #3 (of 12)
    ED BRISSON (W) • MIKE HENDERSON(A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    VARIANT COVER BY RYAN BENJAMIN
    DEATH PAYS ALL DEBTS…
    Mysterio means to set in motion the massacre at the crux of Old Man Logan’s apocalyptic future timeline. But who is pulling his strings? The master of illusion’s newest benefactors will surprise you!
    She-Hulk Masterworks.jpg
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE SAVAGE SHE-HULK VOL. 2 HC
    Written by DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT
    Penciled by MIKE VOSBURG with ALAN KUPPERBERG
    Cover by MIKE VOSBURG
    The Savage She-Hulk is back in a second Marvel Masterworks edition, concluding her original series! Conflict rages not just between She-Hulk and the many super-powered enemies we have in store, but also between Jennifer Walters and She-Hulk! Our heroine’s two halves are in a battle for control as She-Hulk fights transforming back into Jen Walters, while Jen risks losing herself to the She-Hulk’s power. And each persona has her own romantic interest – it ain’t easy being green! It all leads to a new status quo that will carry the She-Hulk into the decades of success ahead. Topping it off is a TWO-IN-ONE adventure starring She-Hulk and the Thing by Shulkie scribe David Anthony Kraft that tilts the green gal-iath toward her future comedic exploits! Collecting SAVAGE SHE-HULK #15-25 and MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #88.
    304 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91718-0
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE SAVAGE SHE-HULK VOL. 2 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 274 (DM ONLY)

Looks like a pretty good month for Jen Walters, a team appearance, a cameo with the other Avengers in an x-book, and of course the 2nd half of her first solo series coming out with a Thing team up issue added on. I didn't include Avengers #13 as its a flashback issue.
    It would be fun to have Wasp and She-Hulk interact again. Dead Man Logan might be the first time that Jen and Clint have talked since CW2 happened, although I don't imagine it will be dealt with in cameo type of appearance.