Page 144 of 249 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    First time I heard that. Anyhow, expect my review tomorrow hopefully!

Also, Hulk #6 solicits everybody!

Sooooooo, six issues in and we're now getting Grey She-Hulk? I'm guessing five ends on a cliffhanger with her turning into Grey She-Hulk, and then this issue is a big brawl. Unfortunately, that's still a lot of time to wait for something big to happen. The book dropped quite a bit from #1 to #2 and REALLY worry that slow pacing will hurt this comic even more.
    You forgot the the cool cover.

She-Hulk has always sold better in trade even going back to the Dan Slott days.

Here's the thing about the comic's slow pacing, since I mention it in my upcoming review. I don't the pacing would be bad per say if this a weekly book, bi-monthly book, or even a big graphic novel or even a regular novel. Taking things slow may work well for the type of the story the writer is trying to create. However, there is no momentum to this book because every time it starts picking up, it ends abruptly. And with barely 20 pages of actual comic in said comic, the story just feels dragged out.

The book is almost completely worthless as a monthly feature. I think it could only work in those other formats, because this doesn't cut it. We're essentially waiting almost half a year to see the big thing we already know will happen and know how it'll look like.
    I totally agree. This was one of my big criticism of cwii. Very dragged and like this comic anything jen is about transform we cut something. In cwii something about or starts and then just abruptly ends. Reason I think having hard time is the pace of the comic. Now trade will be a little better selling because those who rather wait smartly with story after issue 1 probably works. I said on twitter honestly I think someoine needs to take over for mariko. Character to big for her.

Here's the thing about the comic's slow pacing, since I mention it in my upcoming review. I don't the pacing would be bad per say if this a weekly book, bi-monthly book, or even a big graphic novel or even a regular novel. Taking things slow may work well for the type of the story the writer is trying to create. However, there is no momentum to this book because every time it starts picking up, it ends abruptly. And with barely 20 pages of actual comic in said comic, the story just feels dragged out.

The book is almost completely worthless as a monthly feature. I think it could only work in those other formats, because this doesn't cut it. We're essentially waiting almost half a year to see the big thing we already know will happen and know how it'll look like.
    Thats a very interesting take on it. I think I agree that overall, it will probably work better as a TB. Funnily enough I think the same about the current Black Panther solo. That also has a much slower pace and feels almost novel like. I admit I am surprised it is taking so long to see the new Jens new 'Hulk' form but overall I do love the book. As I have said before, I like how it is approaching the issues of Jens mental health, and the idea of taking a character like Jen and completely turning her world upside-down was a worthy risk to take.

I am curious, how long do you all think the series will last then? Personally I think it will have a second volume. I cannot really see them ending it without resolving Jens dilemma, even if it ends up being rushed. I suppose it depends on what Marvel want do with Jen moving forward. I kinda fear that despite what some say, this book failing may mean its some time until she gets another solo...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I totally agree. This was one of my big criticism of cwii. Very dragged and like this comic anything jen is about transform we cut something. In cwii something about or starts and then just abruptly ends. Reason I think having hard time is the pace of the comic. Now trade will be a little better selling because those who rather wait smartly with story after issue 1 probably works. I said on twitter honestly I think someoine needs to take over for mariko. Character to big for her.
    I kinda think its unfair to say Jen is too big a character for Mariko. I think she has done a great job with what she has been given and has captured Jen well, its just her storytelling style is not for everyone it seems. Still, each to their own!

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    You forgot the the cool cover.

She-Hulk has always sold better in trade even going back to the Dan Slott days.
    I must admit, the covers and variants have been another highlight of the series for me. I really like the ideas behind them, and I am a fan of the new 'Hulk' form. Another reason why its a shame we have not really seen it in the flesh yet.
    Last edited by Valamist; 02-21-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Whenever a read is so quick that I'm reading it in 5 minutes (Samnee Black Widow), or so slow that I want more out of each issue, I set the series aside and let an entire arc come out before I read it. Though this only really works if you know you're gonna collect the series.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I am curious, how long do you all think the series will last then? Personally I think it will have a second volume. I cannot really see them ending it without resolving Jens dilemma, even if it ends up being rushed. I suppose it depends on what Marvel want do with Jen moving forward. I kinda fear that despite what some say, this book failing may mean its some time until she gets another solo...
    I definitely see we'll get a second arc, that's much for sure if it does sink too fast. For me, to really do this storyline right, it'll need to go on for at least a third arc and start picking up the pace. An arc where Jen can confront the people who caused her grief, like Hawkeye and Carol. And an arc to control her rage once she accepted her grief and how she'll confront it, while maybe slowly getting back together with old friends and stuff.

Also flashbacks! A flashback arc exploring how she was after waking up and why she's exactly so afraid of hulking out again.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 02-21-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Random thought, it has just been announced that Kate Leth's Hellcat series is (Sadly in my opinion!) ending. That got me thinking, what would people think of a 'traditional' She-Hulk series written by her? I think she has a great insight into what makes Jen such a good character and is obviously a fan.

I definitely see we'll get a second arc, that's much for sure if it does sink too fast. For me, to really do this storyline right, it'll need to go on for at least a third arc and start picking up the pace. An arc where Jen can confront the people who caused her grief, like Hawkeye and Carol. And an arc to control her rage once she accepted her grief and how she'll confront it, while maybe slowly getting back together with old friends and stuff.
    That would be cool. I have been hoping since the start that Jen gets to confront Carol, and perhaps we see for certain what he last words to her where before she fell into the coma. The fact she disappeared after #4 does puzzle me...

Random thought, it has just been announced that Kate Leth's Hellcat series is (Sadly in my opinion!) ending. That got me thinking, what would people think of a 'traditional' She-Hulk series written by her? I think she has a great insight into what makes Jen such a good character and is obviously a fan.

That would be cool. I have been hoping since the start that Jen gets to confront Carol, and perhaps we see for certain what he last words to her where before she fell into the coma. The fact she disappeared after #4 does puzzle me...
    Because she didn't matter and Bendis didn't care to actually explore the aftereffects of anything he did in his event.

As for Leth, I wouldn't mind that. Get the right artist and I'm down for it.

I kinda think its unfair to say Jen is too big a character for Mariko. I think she has done a great job with what she has been given and has captured Jen well, its just her storytelling style is not for everyone it seems. Still, each to their own!
    I'm not sure. Even jen stuff I have problems. "Avoiding the tf and going trauma but why isn't she getting help?" I mention doc samson before. So many question that doesn't feel right. Nothing personal against mariko (even though she blocked me) I still enjoyed her tomb raider and first issue of supergirl mini. She said did research but I hate questioning or not enough research. It feels like her not knowing a lot knowing about the character hurting the writing.

I be up for Kate taking over. One of people said that should. Its sad hellcat ending but got to say a book like that lasting 17 issues is pretty good. I thought sadly wouldn't last a year. It wasn't one of the books look forward to every month. Didn't think the character had much of a market to sell a book long. I hate being right but still 17 issues these days. Back to kate taking over being next book writer think she proved in Hellcat she got the character. I think she showed she would have better choice of book writer.

I'm not sure. Even jen stuff I have problems. "Avoiding the tf and going trauma but why isn't she getting help?" I mention doc samson before. So many question that doesn't feel right. Nothing personal against mariko (even though she blocked me) I still enjoyed her tomb raider and first issue of supergirl mini. She said did research but I hate questioning or not enough research. It feels like her not knowing a lot knowing about the character hurting the writing.
    I dunno. People have a hard time accepting they have issues, specifically when it comes to mental health. Jen at the moment thinks she has it under control, what with her cake-video technique, but I think by the end of the first arc she will realize she needs help. It does seem odd that Bendis bought back Doc Green, yet I am not sure he has even been seen since that issue...

And yeah, I did enjoy her Supergirl #1 mini.

I be up for Kate taking over. One of people said that should. Its sad hellcat ending but got to say a book like that lasting 17 issues is pretty good. I thought sadly wouldn't last a year. It wasn't one of the books look forward to every month. Didn't think the character had much of a market to sell a book long. I hate being right but still 17 issues these days. Back to kate taking over being next book writer think she proved in Hellcat she got the character. I think she showed she would have better choice of book writer.
    It was one of my favorite books, but I too thought it would not last long. 17 issues is a great achievement when you consider its cast and style. I think my top 3 choices of She-Hulk writer would be her, Dan Slott or Soule.
    Last edited by Valamist; 02-21-2017 at 05:12 PM.

After just getting to read #2 & #3 today, I have to totally agree that the pacing in the books so far doesn't really suit the 1 per month release schedual and it would work better as a weekly/bi-weekly or just a flat out trade.
    I've no problem at all with what's happening in the story, or the art. That's actually great. But it's so slow. We're 3 issues in already! And in the world of Marvel where books only last 6 or 12 issues, I don't want all or just half of the entire series being no actual She-Hulk action.

Is this a problem with non-traditional comic writers? I mean a superhero comic should have a couple of things in every issue when you pick it up. You'd expect to see the hero in action at least.

For me, the balance/pacing is not right with this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    After just getting to read #2 & #3 today, I have to totally agree that the pacing in the books so far doesn't really suit the 1 per month release schedual and it would work better as a weekly/bi-weekly or just a flat out trade.
    I've no problem at all with what's happening in the story, or the art. That's actually great. But it's so slow. We're 3 issues in already! And in the world of Marvel where books only last 6 or 12 issues, I don't want all or just half of the entire series being no actual She-Hulk action.

Is this a problem with non-traditional comic writers? I mean a superhero comic should have a couple of things in every issue when you pick it up. You'd expect to see the hero in action at least.

For me, the balance/pacing is not right with this book.
    I guess I don't really mind because the whole concept of this arc is "What if She-Hulk didn't want to be She-Hulk?" and that's an idea I'm really engaged in; I really like reading about this Jen. I have a feeling once she finally Hulks out in either Issue 5 or 6, she'll stay like that for the rest of the series, or at least hulk out more often, and that will lead to some more drama to deal with.

As long as they keep things interesting, I'll be on board, but I do agree the pacing would work a lot better reading it all in one go.

Just went through issue 3 and just when you think it can't hit rock bottom anymore it digs a hole and goes further. From Hellcat scene to her to the question after. I never been ashamed to buy a She-Hulk before now. This is the worst comic she ever been in. A writer with understand and who knows jen better would have wrote her better in that scene. Disconnect the writer has from jen to her history never been more obvious with this issue. Which is ironic considering Patsy appearance in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I guess I don't really mind because the whole concept of this arc is "What if She-Hulk didn't want to be She-Hulk?" and that's an idea I'm really engaged in; I really like reading about this Jen. I have a feeling once she finally Hulks out in either Issue 5 or 6, she'll stay like that for the rest of the series, or at least hulk out more often, and that will lead to some more drama to deal with.

As long as they keep things interesting, I'll be on board, but I do agree the pacing would work a lot better reading it all in one go.
    I'm not really interested in Jen not wanting to be She-Hulk. Against 30 years of stories. It doesn't make sense even if doesn't control it. This book making hard to believe that this should be happening.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 02-22-2017 at 03:23 PM.

For your reading pleasure, my review of Hulk #3.

My complaints remain the same, and that goes as well with the positives. I honestly cannot recommend the comic in single issues at this rate and just suggest checking it out in a trade form where you can digest all of it at once.

Incredible Member

This series is looking to expire after twelve issues unless all stops are pulled out on issue #6... This is/was an interesting experiment... But back to the drawing board.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I guess I don't really mind because the whole concept of this arc is "What if She-Hulk didn't want to be She-Hulk?" and that's an idea I'm really engaged in; I really like reading about this Jen.
    I agree. The "normal" She-Hulk is incredibly boring to me; I mean, the overconfident, eternally sexually-starved woman who spends her entire life not looking at her own true face? Doesn't this scream "issues" to anyone else? The "happy lawyer" character just doesn't fit this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    The Hulk is not the hero in this story. Jen is, the Hulk is more an antagonist than anything else right now.