Page 232 of 249 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    From what I've seen in the preview and the bad dialogue, I highly doubt it. And people later complained about Avengers Assemble...
    I was referring to just Jennifer.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    I was referring to just Jennifer.
    I'm also highly doubting it. Especially seeing with how much push he is giving to the Thor/Hulk cosplaying She-hulk fic according to the solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I'm also highly doubting it. Especially seeing with how much push he is giving to the Thor/Hulk cosplaying She-hulk fic according to the solicits.
    Without going into spoilers there's more to what happened to Jennifer in the previous ark.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    I don't really post on these boards too much (as you can see by my post count despite being a member since before my actual sign-up date as June 2014 is when I had to re-register) as my eye seems to really be drawn to much more of the negative stuff being talked about on these boards rather than the positive stuff. Popping in here to talk about the fact that Gail Simone is going to write She-Hulk (goddamn what a perfect match!) even if only for a single issue and my eye is once again drawn to the negative and reminds me why I mostly just read comics these days and don't come online to discuss them anymore.

So I'll just say,

I am enjoying the HELL out of She-Hulk right now.

Yes, I still have my questions as to how we got from the end of the last She-Hulk series where Jen was in a good place and was back to her previous self (not her "true" self as some folks in this thread would claim because Jen's gone through so many things I don't think you can at anytime claim one iteration of Jen to be the "true" Jen), but those questions and concerns aside... I got to see She-Hulk re-join The Avengers (about goddamn time), take on Ghost Rider (loved the visuals of that fight scene), interact with friggin' Celestials, go from saying "this is above my pay grade" (which I rolled my eyes at so hard), to outlasting Thor in that ice room and actually having to save his life because she was kicking so much ass, to becoming giant She-Hulk and going toe-to-toe with said friggin' Celestials, to stomping the hell out of Loki, to showing up in books, even if for small cameos, that unless she was with the Avengers she'd NEVER be showing up in...

I'm enjoying the hell out of the ride. I've got faith and trust that what's happening is part of a slightly bigger plan for the character and things to come. And you know what? If she stays Hulkish for awhile? Cool by me. Yeah, the character of the Hulk has gone through similar things to what Jen is going through now, but this aspect of being a Hulk has never really been explored to any significant depth with Jen. A bit here and there, but never like this. We've seen how it effected Bruce and how he dealt with it, but will Jen deal with it the same? Will it change how she feels about being a Hulk? Will it make her appreciate it more if/when she changes back? Will these power boosts and the stuff that Jason Aaron is hinting at stay with the character for a long time? I want to see different stuff explored with She-Hulk. If she's just the same kinda humorous lawyer character ALL THE TIME that is going to get boring reeeeaaaaall quick. I keep seeing people say "this isn't She-Hulk". Well, no. It is. It may not be the She-Hulk *you* want to see, but it's still the character. Just a different step in her evolution. I don't want to be reading about the same damn character forever. If I was still reading the same character that she was 29 years ago in Sensational, she'd still be a joke character, that no one takes seriously that couldn't muster a more serious villain than Spragg the Living Hill in types of stories that don't really hold up all that well anymore (I recently re-read every series where She-Hulk was a main character and I'd place Sensational actually near the bottom of the list these days, and Byrne's characterization beneath other characterizations in the same series such as Gerber's, although his work with her in FF still brilliantly holds up... mostly) I wouldn't want that. Who wants a character to be stagnant for 30 years? And remember, if she NEVER changed and was always just one iteration of her character, she'd still technically be The Savage She-Hulk, not even the version that most people seem to be attached to the most.

So anyway... not trying to be all sermony... apologies, just wanted to pop in and say I'm having a blast. I understand why some aren't, but man, I read an issue of The Avengers where Jen gets to grow to the size of a Celestial and beat the hell out of one and I think "this is kind of awesome". I got the depressed Jen that was trying to work through some really serious stuff just recently (that I related to so hard as I went through very similar personal stuff recently, to the point where it would take me until about 6pm to find the strength to get out of bed because I was so depressed and I had specific coping mechanisms like she did and to see that on the page meant a lot to me even if wasn't the best "She-Hulk" story) and now I get a big super-hero fighting with Celestials Jen, and I'm good.

Also... I'm stoked as hell for a possible Jen/Thor pairing. Since I picked up my first issue in the mid-80's I've always thought to myself that those two should be a pair and I can't believe it's taken someone 30+ years since then to actually come up with the idea and I'm stoked to see it explored even if only for a single issue!!! So bring on the She-Hulk/Thor pairing please!!! Someone called it bad fanfic? Nah. I've seen worse. And maybe that saying "someone's garbage is someone's treasure" can be translated to "someone's fanfic is someone's dream storyline".

Anywho... done ranting. Just wanted to present a bit of a different opinion than what seems to mostly be presented in this thread.
    Thumbs Up.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Wow that FF variant is jaw droppingly amazing! Super excited for Gail to write Shulkie and the rest of the FF ladies. Yay for the return of the costume, (although I always disliked the zipper versions of her costumes). I'm in favor for Thor romance, Odinson fits right in with Jen's muscular men type she's so found of and hopefully it may lead to her to guest star in future Thor/mythogolical books, furthering her already long reach in the MU. Plus, they could go on a fun double date with Absorbing Man and Titania, enemies who are occasionally somewhat friendly lol. Speaking of Mary she'll continue her guest appearance in Weapon H in iss #11. Too bad for Wyatt, at least he's being remembered in FF again.

I don't really post on these boards too much (as you can see by my post count despite being a member since before my actual sign-up date as June 2014 is when I had to re-register) as my eye seems to really be drawn to much more of the negative stuff being talked about on these boards rather than the positive stuff. Popping in here to talk about the fact that Gail Simone is going to write She-Hulk (goddamn what a perfect match!) even if only for a single issue and my eye is once again drawn to the negative and reminds me why I mostly just read comics these days and don't come online to discuss them anymore.

So I'll just say,

Yes, I still have my questions as to how we got from the end of the last She-Hulk series where Jen was in a good place and was back to her previous self (not her "true" self as some folks in this thread would claim because Jen's gone through so many things I don't think you can at anytime claim one iteration of Jen to be the "true" Jen), but those questions and concerns aside... I got to see She-Hulk re-join The Avengers (about goddamn time), take on Ghost Rider (loved the visuals of that fight scene), interact with friggin' Celestials, go from saying "this is above my pay grade" (which I rolled my eyes at so hard), to outlasting Thor in that ice room and actually having to save his life because she was kicking so much ass, to becoming giant She-Hulk and going toe-to-toe with said friggin' Celestials, to stomping the hell out of Loki, to showing up in books, even if for small cameos, that unless she was with the Avengers she'd NEVER be showing up in...

I'm enjoying the hell out of the ride. I've got faith and trust that what's happening is part of a slightly bigger plan for the character and things to come. And you know what? If she stays Hulkish for awhile? Cool by me. Yeah, the character of the Hulk has gone through similar things to what Jen is going through now, but this aspect of being a Hulk has never really been explored to any significant depth with Jen. A bit here and there, but never like this. We've seen how it effected Bruce and how he dealt with it, but will Jen deal with it the same? Will it change how she feels about being a Hulk? Will it make her appreciate it more if/when she changes back? Will these power boosts and the stuff that Jason Aaron is hinting at stay with the character for a long time? I want to see different stuff explored with She-Hulk. If she's just the same kinda humorous lawyer character ALL THE TIME that is going to get boring reeeeaaaaall quick. I keep seeing people say "this isn't She-Hulk". Well, no. It is. It may not be the She-Hulk *you* want to see, but it's still the character. Just a different step in her evolution. I don't want to be reading about the same damn character forever. If I was still reading the same character that she was 29 years ago in Sensational, she'd still be a joke character, that no one takes seriously that couldn't muster a more serious villain than Spragg the Living Hill in types of stories that don't really hold up all that well anymore (I recently re-read every series where She-Hulk was a main character and I'd place Sensational actually near the bottom of the list these days, and Byrne's characterization beneath other characterizations in the same series such as Gerber's, although his work with her in FF still brilliantly holds up... mostly) I wouldn't want that. Who wants a character to be stagnant for 30 years? And remember, if she NEVER changed and was always just one iteration of her character, she'd still technically be The Savage She-Hulk, not even the version that most people seem to be attached to the most.

So anyway... not trying to be all sermony... apologies, just wanted to pop in and say I'm having a blast. I understand why some aren't, but man, I read an issue of The Avengers where Jen gets to grow to the size of a Celestial and beat the hell out of one and I think "this is kind of awesome". I got the depressed Jen that was trying to work through some really serious stuff just recently (that I related to so hard as I went through very similar personal stuff recently, to the point where it would take me until about 6pm to find the strength to get out of bed because I was so depressed and I had specific coping mechanisms like she did and to see that on the page meant a lot to me even if wasn't the best "She-Hulk" story) and now I get a big super-hero fighting with Celestials Jen, and I'm good.

Also... I'm stoked as hell for a possible Jen/Thor pairing. Since I picked up my first issue in the mid-80's I've always thought to myself that those two should be a pair and I can't believe it's taken someone 30+ years since then to actually come up with the idea and I'm stoked to see it explored even if only for a single issue!!! So bring on the She-Hulk/Thor pairing please!!! Someone called it bad fanfic? Nah. I've seen worse. And maybe that saying "someone's garbage is someone's treasure" can be translated to "someone's fanfic is someone's dream storyline".

Anywho... done ranting. Just wanted to present a bit of a different opinion than what seems to mostly be presented in this thread.
    You're absolutely right! Jennifer being a gamma-affected person really has not been explored. Whether it's necessary or not is not really the issue. I think what needs to be defined is the rules to being gamma infected. Jennifer has had a few different incarnations over the years, what should be touched on is why she's like she is at the moment within some guidelines.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Wow that FF variant is jaw droppingly amazing! Super excited for Gail to write Shulkie and the rest of the FF ladies. Yay for the return of the costume, (although I always disliked the zipper versions of her costumes). I'm in favor for Thor romance, Odinson fits right in with Jen's muscular men type she's so found of and hopefully it may lead to her to guest star in future Thor/mythogolical books, furthering her already long reach in the MU. Plus, they could go on a fun double date with Absorbing Man and Titania, enemies who are occasionally somewhat friendly lol. Speaking of Mary she'll continue her guest appearance in Weapon H in iss #11. Too bad for Wyatt, at least he's being remembered in FF again.
    I am liking the pairing of Jen and Thor especially after this week's issue. Jason Aaron is writing both Thor and Avengers so if the romance continues then she will be appearing in Thor more often. So today we learn that it was the Celestial that boosted Jennifer to her new physique and power levels. She has so much gamma energy that she was able to release it in a explosive way which resulted in her new physique but at the cost of her mental faculties though still in control. Jennifer does not see this as a curse and seemingly able to tap into it without Hulking out. From the way Dr Strange describes this that Jennifer can transform into She-Hulk but also this new Hulk. This would explain some of the appearances outside the Avengers where Jen looks like her classic self and other times it's Hulk, whether that is the case remains to be seen.

I really hope that the next writer to take charge breaks them up. There is no chemistry is much forced than movie synergy in comics.

So I'll just say,

Can I just say, this a wonderfully written post! I agree with a lot you said. Gotta admit, there have been times I just wanna stay away from the comic discussions on things like forums and Twitter. Negativity always seems to be louder then positivity, which is a shame.

(Random note, I prefer the Savage She-Hulk books over Sensational... )

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I have thoughts on all of this, including the crap with Immortal Hulk, buuuut I'm holding my tongue. I want to see how this plays out and I'll be sure to write about this again. The only thought I have is... I'm not really impressed. I dunno, it's kind of lacking to me. I'm not into She-Hulk for her being Hulk but girl. I'm into her character for her character, smarts, and such.

Honestly, I'm more questioning Aaron's questionable writing with Carol and Tony at the moment.

I must admit, I caught up on reading the Avengers and I like the story. Aaron is somewhat re-imagining the history of the MU and the origins and seeds that lead to the sources that ignite a character's powers... including radiation thus tying into She-Hulk. The new revelations about how Jen's power works and her new potential were interesting. This latest issue gave her more substance and seems to be headed in a good direction. Her relationship with Thor is at least being built up, and not just thrown out there.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I must admit, I caught up on reading the Avengers and I like the story. Aaron is somewhat re-imagining the history of the MU and the origins and seeds that lead to the sources that ignite a character's powers... including radiation thus tying into She-Hulk. The new revelations about how Jen's power works and her new potential were interesting. This latest issue gave her more substance and seems to be headed in a good direction. Her relationship with Thor is at least being built up, and not just thrown out there.
    Personally I’m not a fan of Aaron’s explanation for Jen’s new form in the book because it just feels like him trying to justify taking away all of the charm of She-Hulk just to turn her into a dimwit brute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Personally I’m not a fan of Aaron’s explanation for Jen’s new form in the book because it just feels like him trying to justify taking away all of the charm of She-Hulk just to turn her into a dimwit brute.
    I'm not a fan of any dimwitted Hulks, but comic bookwise they exist, and Jen's has been here long before Aaron wrote her this way. Wasn't she like this at some point in her last series? Anyway, I think there's a story that is still there to be told considering the way the examination left off.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-19-2018 at 06:21 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I'm not a fan of any dimwitted Hulks, but comic bookwise they exist, and Jen's has been here long before Aaron wrote her this way. Wasn't she like this at some point in her last series? Anyway, I think there's a story that is still there to be told considering the way the examination left off.
    Sort of? She never really talked and it was mostly Aaron who wrote her like this. The dimwitted side was brought upon harsh trauma that she suffered. Honestly, I dont think Aaron has any interest in exploring that angle. I think he may have crowbarred this plot direction regardless of the trauma or not given how he is writing things.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Sort of? She never really talked and it was mostly Aaron who wrote her like this. The dimwitted side was brought upon harsh trauma that she suffered. Honestly, I dont think Aaron has any interest in exploring that angle. I think he may have crowbarred this plot direction regardless of the trauma or not given how he is writing things.
    Well, considering that it was a plot point that was revealed and purposely left unresolved, I don't see why Aaron wouldn't revisit it.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-19-2018 at 07:34 PM.