Page 126 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3725
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    While its a shame Bendis didn't do anything but with Jen in the last issue of CWII, I love that close up we get of her on the final few pages. She is all raged-up in her new Hulk form, but with a tear running down her eye. Just makes me want to hug her and say everything's going to be alright...
    I didn't know she was in the final issue.

Does anyone happen to have a scan of that panel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    Exactly! Jen is what you want a feminist icon to be in this media. She's strong, was a high ranking lawyer that fought for the rights of everyone (a true egalitarian), and she didn't need anyone to take care of her except herself. As She-Hulk, she was no different, except she could squash things; but preferred to talk things out first and use violence as a last resort. The current version we're seeing in the new "Hulk" book looks like we'll have the out of control violent monster, giving a Jeckel/Hyde set up for the book. This doesn't seem progressive at all. It's just bad writing.
    The book deals with a woman's grief and anger. Mariko Tamaki is good emotion. You're telling me a woman can't make that work? It looks to me she is. And while I haven't exactly woken up from a coma or raged when family members get murdered but as someone with anger issues, I see where Jen is coming from. I even have my own way coping like she does.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    The book deals with a woman's grief and anger. Mariko Tamaki is good emotion. You're telling me a woman can't make that work? It looks to me she is. And while I haven't exactly woken up from a coma or raged when family members get murdered but as someone with anger issues, I see where Jen is coming from. I even have my own way coping like she does.
    Problem is I feel jen would have dealt with differently under better writer then bendis in CWII who obviously no idea how characters. Then tries to pretend he does by name dropping writers. Mariko been handed to fix but still feels odd. Still feels like she shouldn't be losing control. I worry its going to be long time before we see real she-hulk. I don't want that.

I have to agree. I went through some mental health difficulties a while back, and what Jen is going through dose feel very realistic. The 'cake video' way of coping seems very much like the mindful techniques I was taught.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I like the book, my only problem was that Jennifer didn't Hulk out.

Does anyone know if she ever had a nemesis or a rogues gallery, I can't think of any? Marvel needs to give her a great antagonist; not necessarily someone stronger but someone who can challenge her at times.
    I think Titania would count as this. She was a big antagonist during the start of Dan Slott's series. Not sure what happened to her after Illuminati was canceled, but it would be cool to see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    Cheers for the update. I haven't spent much time researching every character that had some sort of Hulk mutation in the past decade.

Exactly! Jen is what you want a feminist icon to be in this media. She's strong, was a high ranking lawyer that fought for the rights of everyone (a true egalitarian), and she didn't need anyone to take care of her except herself. As She-Hulk, she was no different, except she could squash things; but preferred to talk things out first and use violence as a last resort. The current version we're seeing in the new "Hulk" book looks like we'll have the out of control violent monster, giving a Jeckel/Hyde set up for the book. This doesn't seem progressive at all. It's just bad writing.
    I would not call it bad writing. I mean, we have only had one issue so far! Personally speaking I doubt this is going to be the norm for Jen from now on. My hope is that after a few arcs, Jen comes back stronger then ever thanks to this experience.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, it's only been one issue but so far so good for Tamaki's She-Hulk run (I refuse to call it Hulk LOL). I was kinda hoping she'd lose it on that irritating woman who turned up at her home though LOL. I like the build-up to her hulking out so-to-speak. Overall I think I'd give the first issue an 8 out of 10 personally speaking

I think Titania would count as this. She was a big antagonist during the start of Dan Slott's series. Not sure what happened to her after Illuminati was canceled, but it would be cool to see her again.
    She basically walked off into the sunset, happy to be reunited with her husband the Absorbing Man, who was in Pleasant Hill and rescued during Illuminati's Standoff tie-in (which was the book's penultimate issue). The two will surely be committing crimes again somewhere at some point, but I don't think she's appeared since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The Red Hulk in U.S.Avengers is not Ross, as per this spoiler article.

Also, while Jen's client Brewn was in her house, I had the spooky music from The Real Ghostbusters cartoon playing in my head.
    Was it this? That's a perfect theme for her. Fun Ghostbusters connection, was in the Dan Slott run with the re-worked Hulkbusters song based on the classic movie theme I thought it would be fun to point out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I like the book, my only problem was that Jennifer didn't Hulk out.

Does anyone know if she ever had a nemesis or a rogues gallery, I can't think of any? Marvel needs to give her a great antagonist; not necessarily someone stronger but someone who can challenge her at times.
    She has a few villians, Ultima, Man-Elephant (also known as Behemoth), Abominatrix but these are rarley used and then there is her more famous foe Titania, which I think will turn up at some point in the new series.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Was it this? That's a perfect theme for her.
    Yes, that's it! I've been watching old episodes on YouTube and wanted to find the music for the longest time. It really fits the mood.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Problem is I feel jen would have dealt with differently under better writer then bendis in CWII who obviously no idea how characters. Then tries to pretend he does by name dropping writers. Mariko been handed to fix but still feels odd. Still feels like she shouldn't be losing control. I worry its going to be long time before we see real she-hulk. I don't want that.

Jennifer Walters had got a missile to the face, ended up in a coma, almost died, found out her cousin died-murdered at the hands by Clint Barton and you expect her to still be her happy go-lucky self? You're asking way too much, dude. Way, way, way too much. Like, this is still a lot to take in for her.

Which reminds me, I hope all of you have read Mariko Tamaki's Cosmopolitan interview about this book.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertai...ulk-interview/
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-06-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Jennifer Walters had got a missile to the face, ended up in a coma, almost died, found out her cousin died-murdered at the hands by Clint Barton and you expect her to still be her happy go-lucky self? You're asking way too much, dude. Way, way, way too much. Like, this is still a lot to take in for her.

Which reminds me, I hope all of you have read Mariko Tamaki's Cosmopolitan interview about this book.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertai...ulk-interview/
    You the point of everything said and forget other things I have said. A badly explained coma from a writer who really didn't understand that character at all. Lead to out of control of transformation and more painful one too. I never said she be happy go lucky but my point was a better writer on CWII would never put her in a coma. The way she was dealing with it a lot better been shown in the past she can.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-06-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Incredible Member

With what happened to Bruce, could we expect Jennifer taking her cousin's place as a future menace, like this one?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    You the point of everything said and forget other things I have said. A badly explained coma from a writer who really didn't understand that character at all. Lead to out of control of transformation and more painful one too. I never said she be happy go lucky but my point was a better writer on CWII would never put her in a coma. The way she was dealing with it a lot better been shown in the past she can.
    But this isn't Civil War II anymore. You got to stop concentrating on what happened during that event and concentrate on the now. Mariko Tamaki is doing her best and it seems like she's doing a good job. And let me introduce to a section of a video I like as to why doing stuff like this is never bad.

https://youtu.be/BoQpwVcebHk?t=2045

You can learn something from him.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    With what happened to Bruce, could we expect Jennifer taking her cousin's place as a future menace, like this one?

That is a great pecie of art. Is it fan-made?

Anyway, I do remember some people commenting that Ulysses's 'Old Man Logan' vision from CWII #7 could have been naught about by Jen, given Bruce is now gone. So you never know, it could be explored in the future. Depends on how long they keep Bruce dead for.

Incredible Member

That is a great pecie of art. Is it fan-made?
    No. The panel is from She-Hulk: Sensational #1 (May, 2010). The Misstro is from Earth-10051, and appeared as a "vision" during a moment of reflection, when Jen was trying to "find herself".

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yes, that's it! I've been watching old episodes on YouTube and wanted to find the music for the longest time. It really fits the mood.
    Its a great show, if this first arc villian wise revolves around a paranormal character there is alot of music from that show that would work.

Like this when Brewn and Jen meet again and even this works when Jen Hulks out, at least before the chorus kicks in.