Page 243 of 249 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    She takes up so much space, it's hard not to miss her. I want my old buff Shulkie back. Not Rebel Wilson in green body paint.
    This is the second comment I have seen comparing She Hulk to a Overweight Actress that drawing looks nothing lie. The first one was Amy Schumer and now Rebel Wilson ,I am not a mind reader so I am not going to make an assumption even though both of comments I think have a certain undertone. Simple put comments like this is why change in body size is good thing

In comics we are use to female character being drawn a certain way,When character isn't drawn like a skinny supermodel certain comments pop up. Realistically She Hulk should look more like these characters look than how she was presented in the past. The current She Hulk is operating like how Bruce Banner does the madder she gets the stronger she gets. And Banner is presented with him getting bigger and more muscular the more he gets mad. Now that She Hulk is working the same way the same thing is happen. I can't remember EVER reading a forum and someone going that "Hulk should stay stay smaller" or "Hulk facial features don't look good while he is raging monster". For male characters we don't care about looks,For female characters even if it is impractical we want them to look like Supermodels even if they are huge green rage monster. It is why we have stupid impractical female RPG armor and superhero costumes.

Now don't get me wrong I am perfectly fine with old look of She Hulk and since she was presented that way for most her appearances I get why people feel strongly about her look. But If there is one female hero who should or could be more bulky and muscular it should be She Hulk .Me personality I am perfect fine with functionality and universe logic over character over a character looking Supermodel pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Yeah more muscly, more mass. But more around og Hulk size than A-Force size. My thinking is that Marvel's strongest woman would look more like a big, burly monster than an above average, muscular athlete.

Pretty much all the Hulks look unnaturally large and roided out though

Think about it this way, the She-Hulk of the 80's was generally smaller and weaker than the She-Hulk of the 90's and so on and so on. This huge body was always an eventuality.
    Isn't that supposed to be Carol though ?

But I think part of She-Hulk's visual appeal is that she isn't like the typical Hulk physique (and she shouldn't have to be on any kind of permanent basis), because that's generally not the kind of character she is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

But I think part of She-Hulk's visual appeal is that she isn't like the typical Hulk physique (and she shouldn't have to be on any kind of permanent basis), because that's generally not the kind of character she is.
    I believe form should follow function. Is She Hulk supposed to be the strongest female in the MU? If so she should look it. In other words she needs visible muscle mass always flexed like her male counterparts... how much muscle mass should be open to interpretation. Does this look "masculine"? I've run into this complaint of one of own creations. My response has been, I want someone who can take out the biggest brick in my universe... so she has to look like a brick.... "Masculine" and "Feminine" are distinctly human cultural concepts.... If you look at other primates, you really can't tell gender, except females are smaller in build. No graceful curves or hanging breasts. The same would be true of a female grizzly or lioness. She Hulk's superpower is strength and frankly I'm a little tired of strong women who have the builds of supermodels and cheerleaders punching out The Hulk or Superman because the script says they can. The one thing I agree with is she should lose the Hulksmash speech and get her personality back.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is the second comment I have seen comparing She Hulk to a Overweight Actress that drawing looks nothing lie. The first one was Amy Schumer and now Rebel Wilson ,I am not a mind reader so I am not going to make an assumption even though both of comments I think have a certain undertone. Simple put comments like this is why change in body size is good thing

In comics we are use to female character being drawn a certain way,When character isn't drawn like a skinny supermodel certain comments pop up. Realistically She Hulk should look more like these characters look than how she was presented in the past. The current She Hulk is operating like how Bruce Banner does the madder she gets the stronger she gets. And Banner is presented with him getting bigger and more muscular the more he gets mad. Now that She Hulk is working the same way the same thing is happen. I can't remember EVER reading a forum and someone going that "Hulk should stay stay smaller" or "Hulk facial features don't look good while he is raging monster". For male characters we don't care about looks,For female characters even if it is impractical we want them to look like Supermodels even if they are huge green rage monster. It is why we have stupid impractical female RPG armor and superhero costumes.

Now don't get me wrong I am perfectly fine with old look of She Hulk and since she was presented that way for most her appearances I get why people feel strongly about her look. But If there is one female hero who should or could be more bulky and muscular it should be She Hulk .Me personality I am perfect fine with functionality and universe logic over character over a character looking Supermodel pretty
    I loved, loved, LOVED Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Carol in the MCU but not from what we've been reading in the comics.

Everyone has their opinion, but She-Huk is kind of going through a story arc right now and I'm happy to see where it goes, just enjoying the ride.

My favorite She-Hulk model is Frank Cho. Tall and still visually intimidating like she could be a try-athlete or bodybuilder but of course they keep her gorgeous face because comics (and it isn't unrealistic if you followed some of the ladies I do on instagram).

I'm okay if they want to make her a little bigger. Artistic freedom, as long as the "character" stays the same or any minor changes make sense story wise. I still view her as the same at the moment. To a degree I think this makes other authors and readers take her as more serious threat. Not always, but in certain instances some writers would put her at a tier below the big boys.

The only big surprise for me is that they seem to be dumbing her down into Banner Hulk, but I believe this is just a phase for her story arc no need to get bent out of shape about it. The iconic versions always return. I can live with a Frank Cho version or something with a little more meat as long as the character is treated with respect.

@Killerbee911 posted some other characters I think are great visual representations and if she's even bigger I'm a-okay with it. Thats the beauty of comics you can make somebody as big and muscular as you want and still give them a pretty face.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I believe form should follow function. Is She Hulk supposed to be the strongest female in the MU? If so she should look it. In other words she needs visible muscle mass always flexed like her male counterparts... how much muscle mass should be open to interpretation. Does this look "masculine"? I've run into this complaint of one of own creations. My response has been, I want someone who can take out the biggest brick in my universe... so she has to look like a brick.... "Masculine" and "Feminine" are distinctly human cultural concepts.... If you look at other primates, you really can't tell gender, except females are smaller in build. No graceful curves or hanging breasts. The same would be true of a female grizzly or lioness. She Hulk's superpower is strength and frankly I'm a little tired of strong women who have the builds of supermodels and cheerleaders punching out The Hulk or Superman because the script says they can. The one thing I agree with is she should lose the Hulksmash speech and get her personality back.
    I guess I get that logic but I always thought the fun of She-Hulk was that she was this green bombshell with the personality to match who could also out arm-wrestle with the toughest male heroes of the Marvel Universe.

I'm not saying she exactly needs to be running around with a Supermodel body but I think there's a better balance to be found between her old look and trying to make her look more like the Hulk who I think (shared powers aside) she should be visually distinctive from.

Even Marvel Now/ANAD Marvel I think they were getting somewhere in that direction.

Hulk fans express their desire for a smaller more reasonably proportioned Hulk all the time. Heck I'm one of them.

I've always preferred the Hulk looking like a real world strong man (with admittedly oversized hands and feet ) as opposed to some ridiculous puffy roid-monster.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    She takes up so much space, it's hard not to miss her.
    Totally agree. She actually steals the thunder from Thor (pun intended) especially as her green skin tone stand out.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I'm fine with a buff She-Hulk like Frank Cho or the brief version we got in Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo. However, the current version doesn't do much for me. Its kind of boring since it ties into the boring Hulk personality that Aaron attached to Jen. This doesn't feel like a natural extension of Jen but more of Aaron wanting to write Hulk but deciding just to use Jen instead. He says he is going to make Jen unique from Bruce but honestly, it's just Bruce but a woman. You could have done all of this with Red She-Hulk and nothing really would have changed it feels like.

I think I don't like this overly Hulky Jen because it represents a regression and a misrepresentation of the character. It's a misunderstanding of who Jen is as a hulk. She's not a dumb brute with anger problems or cant control herself well like Bruce, but a unique character who has grown with her powers over the years into a smart, law savvy, funny, in control, don't need no man to work things out, strong character.

I'm happy if you like it, but I think it is the least interesting thing Aaron could have done with needing a Hulk for his team.

She-Hulk has had a power boost so she would be bigger, its nothing new it has a happened a few time over the decades where is got a termporay power boost was bigger that usual varying to being a bit more buff to Hulk size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hulk fans express their desire for a smaller more reasonably proportioned Hulk all the time. Heck I'm one of them.

I've always preferred the Hulk looking like a real world strong man (with admittedly oversized hands and feet ) as opposed to some ridiculous puffy roid-monster.
    I've honestly never heard this and its hard to believe since literally every iteration of the character save the original TV show looks beyond human.

Plus if you changed his appearance, he'd just be a green Hulk, or Thor or Luke Cage etc. Changing Hulk into a normal buff guy is would be sacrilegious
    The J-man

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    She-Hulk has had a power boost so she would be bigger, its nothing new it has a happened a few time over the decades where is got a termporay power boost was bigger that usual varying to being a bit more buff to Hulk size.
    I like the art on the middle and I live the story reason why she's buffed up in the bottom middle. It's such a clever reason that I love it and wish more writers would work with.

Also, David Finch's art is crrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I've honestly never heard this and its hard to believe since literally every iteration of the character save the original TV show looks beyond human.

Plus if you changed his appearance, he'd just be a green Hulk, or Thor or Luke Cage etc. Changing Hulk into a normal buff guy is would be sacrilegious
    I've seen the normal buff guy look for Hulk in a Punisher issue from Jason Aaron's run. Ooooh man is it bad.

GodDAMN that She-Hulk in that promo art!!!!!! About to kick the living hell out of all your favorites and I'm loving every second! Gorgeous rendition by Dauterman!

This is the second comment I have seen comparing She Hulk to a Overweight Actress that drawing looks nothing lie. The first one was Amy Schumer and now Rebel Wilson ,I am not a mind reader so I am not going to make an assumption even though both of comments I think have a certain undertone. Simple put comments like this is why change in body size is good thing.

I can't remember EVER reading a forum and someone going that "Hulk should stay stay smaller" or "Hulk facial features don't look good while he is raging monster". For male characters we don't care about looks,For female characters even if it is impractical we want them to look like Supermodels even if they are huge green rage monster. It is why we have stupid impractical female RPG armor and superhero costumes.
    Not a single lie spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So does Jennifer control her changes now? With her "new" Hulk personality, how is she convinced to turn back into Walters?
    She appears to be in some sort of control yes. A bit more danger of spontaneously hulking out due to her power upgrade, but there's still a level of control there. And she's currently working with Black Panther, as stated in the last couple issues of The Avengers, to gain even more control. As shown in The Immortal Hulk and the latest issue of The Avengers, if something REALLY gets to her, there's a chance she'll turn into the Hulk, but otherwise, all good. So a bit of the original Savage She-Hulk and a bit of the She-Hulk of recent years.

And there's technically not a "new" Hulk personality. Again, The Avengers explained that technically, Jennifer Walters, good ol' smart brilliant noble Jennifer Walters is STILL in control, she just has more limited aspects because of the power upgrade, such as her speech, CURRENTLY. So even though she can't necessarily vocalize it, it's the same She-Hulk it's been for decades now. So there's not a lot of convincing needed to get her to turn back, it's the same person in either form.