Page 224 of 249 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3725
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thanks for nothing, Tom.
    "Nothing" is what he specializes in, after all.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I asked Tom Brevoort on Twitter about what plans they have for She-Hulk going forward and if we will see her return to a more happy, joyful state, and this was his reply. "It sounds like what you’re asking here is when she’ll be going back to the way she was. For the foreseeable future, the direction will be forward, rather than back, sorry."
    Oh hey, if I do a follow-up article on She-Hulk, I have a great quote to use for it.

Seriously, how is this direction forwards? How is character regressing, regressing back to Salvage She-Hulk and regressing to even past her latest series, forward?!

Oye, it's such a crappy time to be a She-Hulk fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Thanks for always getting creator insight!
    Welp at least going forward hopefully implies that Jen will develop more than she currently is.
    Haha no problem! I just love using Twitter and follow Marvel peep, so if I get the chance to hound them about anything She-Hulk related, then I jump at the chance!

And yeah, hopefully at the very least Aaron will develop Jen a little more over his Avengers run. Almost anything will be better then have a permanent 'dumb Hulk' version of She-Hulk.

Oh, and a cool little thing. Marvel announced on Twitter that they are bringing back there 'TL;DR' cartoon for ten episodes, and it looks like one of them will be about She-Hulk!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh hey, if I do a follow-up article on She-Hulk, I have a great quote to use for it.

Seriously, how is this direction forwards? How is character regressing, regressing back to Salvage She-Hulk and regressing to even past her latest series, forward?!
    Agreed. Heck, even her 'Savage' form was more unique then her current form. By the way, I think it will be cool if you do a follow up to your article, perhaps after we see what Aaron has planed for Jen. Your last one was very insightful!
    Last edited by Valamist; 07-10-2018 at 09:15 AM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Agreed. Heck, even her 'Savage' form was more unique then her current form. By the way, I think it will be cool if you do a follow up to your article, perhaps after we see what Aaron has planed for Jen. Your last one was very insightful!
    Thank you for the kind words. It was a lot of fun writing that I do hope to write something insightful or doing another dive into a short series. The problem lies in the fact its hard to figure out what series I would want to do that with, because She-Hulk is really the only character I have a passion for or care a lot about. I've considered dives into Bunn's run on Fearless Defenders, the recent America series, or even Bendis' Iron Man run when it focused solely on Tony Stark, but I'm not sure.

I'll definitely revisit and do a follow up on the state of Jennifer Walters after the year has ended, giving Aaron enough time to show what he has to offer. If he tries to make Jen more tied to the cosmic, I'm going definitely have something to say about that. When all else fails in the Marvel Universe, shoot the character the f**k into space or make them more space-ish. In the past five years, how often have we went the space route with characters?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ryan Ottley has a normal size She-Hulk in his Amazing Spidey art but from the rest of the art he just drew everyone to his preference.

BANNED

I asked Tom Brevoort on Twitter about what plans they have for She-Hulk going forward and if we will see her return to a more happy, joyful state, and this was his reply. "It sounds like what you’re asking here is when she’ll be going back to the way she was. For the foreseeable future, the direction will be forward, rather than back, sorry."
    Well I wasn't a fan of Aaron's Marvel work before and now it seems that I'm avoiding the title for the near future. This is so a miswork and a final mess up from Bendis, who I have always suspect that has a dislike to She-Hulk and her character given how much he has done to her in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

Its even worse then savage she-hulk. You turn her into a generic hulk with boobs. That is what this she-hulk become. Character deserves so much better. This is not what fans want. It was obvious be how quickly sales died on Mariko's series that it wasn't. You can't make up taking the personality and character from her just by giving her new powers.

art by Magickmarker

Squirrel Girl called up Jen in this weeks Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, And yes, she's green.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Its even worse then savage she-hulk. You turn her into a generic hulk with boobs. That is what this she-hulk become. Character deserves so much better. This is not what fans want. It was obvious be how quickly sales died on Mariko's series that it wasn't. You can't make up taking the personality and character from her just by giving her new powers.
    Apparently She-Hulk has been cursed by the dark magic which is called......feminism.
    Look at the damage it's been doing to women since the spell has been first cast.

Not to mention black guys.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Haha no problem! I just love using Twitter and follow Marvel peep, so if I get the chance to hound them about anything She-Hulk related, then I jump at the chance!

And yeah, hopefully at the very least Aaron will develop Jen a little more over his Avengers run. Almost anything will be better then have a permanent 'dumb Hulk' version of She-Hulk.

Oh, and a cool little thing. Marvel announced on Twitter that they are bringing back there 'TL;DR' cartoon for ten episodes, and it looks like one of them will be about She-Hulk!
    Nice! Those shorts are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well I wasn't a fan of Aaron's Marvel work before and now it seems that I'm avoiding the title for the near future. This is so a miswork and a final mess up from Bendis, who I have always suspect that has a dislike to She-Hulk and her character given how much he has done to her in the past.
    I don't think it was Bendis disliking She-Hulk as much as his philosophy for writing characters, to break them down show there more vulnerable, human side to build them back up doesn't mesh well for every character at every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Squirrel Girl called up Jen in this weeks Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, And yes, she's green.
    She's also in complete control. I guess this takes place after her recent solo but before whatever happened to make her as she is in Avengers. I hope we see more of Courtney Alaska in the future. She and Janice Lincoln make great foils for Jen's lawyer side.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

I am certainly looking forward to that! Too bad they made her just a tad too bulky.

Read Avengers #5, spoilers:
    enjoying the story and giant-sized Avengers is pretty awesome (Jen is literally living up to alias as the Jade Giantess). Art was great there is definitely a thing going between She-Hulk and Thor. Not loving the dialogue (again hopefully it is due to the Celestials other appearances see her more normal self) from Jen but at least she reconicises that She-Hulk and Jennifer are the same person and not Hulk hate puny Jennifer. Going to be interesting to see where this leaves Jen powers after this arc is over.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by comicfan298; 07-19-2018 at 11:15 AM.

So how do you think She-Hulk is going to do in the final battle against the Dark Celestials? I think it's going to be between her and Ghost Rider that deal the finishing blows.