Page 174 of 249 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ms Marvel, at least, would have to double ship for that to be true, as #25 is her Legacy issue, and October's is #23. I bet some of them will actually be in December.
    Don't kill the messenger. Why I was quoting newsrama cause only word on it at that time. So far seems to be only answer.

She Hulk has been my favorite comic book character for a while now. It hard to say when she kicked my former favorite Squirrel Girl to the second spot, but I think its when I finally decided to read Slotts amazing book. I loved her personality, her humor, and her sense of justice and morality. Plus, the fact that she is a big strong beautiful woman who kicked ass better then most men helped too! I adore Jen, and always will.

I was very open to the new Hulk series, my only complaint being that they changed her moniker. I have been a comic book reader for over three years now, and one thing that quickly struck me was how little characters really are pushed to their limits, or how any big changes to status quo are quickly wiped away. As such, I love the idea of a book which really challenged Jenifer and what mad She-Hulk who she is. Overall I have been really enjoying the book. Yes, it has had its flaws (Mostly slow pacing, and the lack of actually seeing Jen's new Hulk form until the final issue of the first arc... and then for some reason making it very diff rent to what we have seen on the covers/after that issue. Oh, and I did not like how they drooped the She from her books name... did I mention that?) but I think it did a decent job show the burdens of mental health and how she dealt with it.

I think another reason I was more open to the book, is that I have been/am 100% sure that the change was not permanent, that sooner or later Jen would be back in green and more like her old self. Like I said before, very few things in comics stick, and unless this new take of She-Hulk was a huge success, then there was no way Marvel would keep it going for long. Interestingly, it seems that Legacy has confirmed that indeed, Jen will be going back to her old ways sooner rather then later. As I said, I enjoyed what Tamaki did with the book, but I am looking forward to seeing Jen beat villains up again with a green smile.

Thinking about it, if I am annoyed at anyone at Marvel, its Bendis (Ha! Bet you never hear that on a forum...) CWII #0 was a beautiful book for She-Hulk, showing how great a character she is and what shape her morality takes. In my mind, it really set her up as a possible leader against Captain Marvel. I know, strange right? Given how the publicity seemed to show She-Hulk on her side. Then what happen? She gets knocked cold, says a vague sentence and then basically stays in a comer until Bruce dies. After that, do we see her again? Do we even see the reaction to the fact that one of her best friend killed her cousin? Nope. Instead we see... nothing. Jen, who as I said is wonderful set up as a major player in the event... disappeares, only to next be seen in Hulk #1... I mean, what on earth where the editorial staff/Bendis thinking!? Did they have something planned that had to be altered, or was this just some strange tease to promote her new book?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Attachment 51711

HULK #11

MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • GEORGES DUARTE (A)
    Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    BUY THIS BOOK OR ELSE!
    JEN WALTERS here, asking you to kindly pre-order your copy of HULK #11…or else I’ll come into your shop and rip up all of your issues of ASTONISHING X-MEN #1! That last-page reveal won’t be so revealing when it’s in shreds on the floor…What? No, I’m not deflecting. Yes, the events of the last arc WERE challenging, but I’m fine…Listen, I just told you, I AM FINE. If you keep asking me, you’ll make me mad…and you won’t like me when I’m mad…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

So she-hulk legacy renumbering not starting till november or december or january? Maybe we will hear about at comic con this weekend.
    Once agai, I really love the cover. I think it alone shows we are slowly going back to the She-Hulk of old. Yes, she is still grey and scared, but her look just screams Jen/Old She-Hulk.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Thinking about it, if I am annoyed at anyone at Marvel, its Bendis (Ha! Bet you never hear that on a forum...) CWII #0 was a beautiful book for She-Hulk, showing how great a character she is and what shape her morality takes. In my mind, it really set her up as a possible leader against Captain Marvel. I know, strange right? Given how the publicity seemed to show She-Hulk on her side. Then what happen? She gets knocked cold, says a vague sentence and then basically stays in a comer until Bruce dies. After that, do we see her again? Do we even see the reaction to the fact that one of her best friend killed her cousin? Nope. Instead we see... nothing. Jen, who as I said is wonderful set up as a major player in the event... disappeares, only to next be seen in Hulk #1... I mean, what on earth where the editorial staff/Bendis thinking!? Did they have something planned that had to be altered, or was this just some strange tease to promote her new book?
    Given that Civil War II: Left For Dead ultimately felt just like a preview event that was about setting up almost every other book for the upcoming relaunch and never really did much, probably it was just a tease to promote her new book and new direction.

Also, Bendis doesn't think. He just does because he can, no matter how many characters he damages or flushes down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    She Hulk has been my favorite comic book character for a while now. It hard to say when she kicked my former favorite Squirrel Girl to the second spot, but I think its when I finally decided to read Slotts amazing book. I loved her personality, her humor, and her sense of justice and morality. Plus, the fact that she is a big strong beautiful woman who kicked ass better then most men helped too! I adore Jen, and always will.

I was very open to the new Hulk series, my only complaint being that they changed her moniker. I have been a comic book reader for over three years now, and one thing that quickly struck me was how little characters really are pushed to their limits, or how any big changes to status quo are quickly wiped away. As such, I love the idea of a book which really challenged Jenifer and what mad She-Hulk who she is. Overall I have been really enjoying the book. Yes, it has had its flaws (Mostly slow pacing, and the lack of actually seeing Jen's new Hulk form until the final issue of the first arc... and then for some reason making it very diff rent to what we have seen on the covers/after that issue. Oh, and I did not like how they drooped the She from her books name... did I mention that?) but I think it did a decent job show the burdens of mental health and how she dealt with it.

I think another reason I was more open to the book, is that I have been/am 100% sure that the change was not permanent, that sooner or later Jen would be back in green and more like her old self. Like I said before, very few things in comics stick, and unless this new take of She-Hulk was a huge success, then there was no way Marvel would keep it going for long. Interestingly, it seems that Legacy has confirmed that indeed, Jen will be going back to her old ways sooner rather then later. As I said, I enjoyed what Tamaki did with the book, but I am looking forward to seeing Jen beat villains up again with a green smile.

Thinking about it, if I am annoyed at anyone at Marvel, its Bendis (Ha! Bet you never hear that on a forum...) CWII #0 was a beautiful book for She-Hulk, showing how great a character she is and what shape her morality takes. In my mind, it really set her up as a possible leader against Captain Marvel. I know, strange right? Given how the publicity seemed to show She-Hulk on her side. Then what happen? She gets knocked cold, says a vague sentence and then basically stays in a comer until Bruce dies. After that, do we see her again? Do we even see the reaction to the fact that one of her best friend killed her cousin? Nope. Instead we see... nothing. Jen, who as I said is wonderful set up as a major player in the event... disappeares, only to next be seen in Hulk #1... I mean, what on earth where the editorial staff/Bendis thinking!? Did they have something planned that had to be altered, or was this just some strange tease to promote her new book? .
    If new form made more sense. I have said before all you had to do is add "Someone stupidly pumped her with gamma rays to try get healing factor working" That would make more sense then saying the new form is based on trauma she suffered in cwii. Just makes no sense. If you did that would explain would explain the grey form and savager side we seen. You can trauma is why scars. That sort of the problem is with CWII and this book is that doesn't seem to have same care or knowledge of character us fans or other writers have of Jen. CWII is one best examples why marvel needs to get bendis (and other people at marvel) away from its characters. One thing don't like modern marvel is that to many creators want to put characters threw ringer all or deconstruction. Joke I have said that every writer daredevil writer wants to do their version of born again. She-Hulk going through what she went through was completely pointless to CWII. She could have walked out the series saying she wanted nothing to do with the fight between carol and tony or what they were doing. Would have same impact. Maybe even more because it show just how crazy things had become. Jen's change back what she learns? To appreciate being something she loved being? What was the end game? What is the point of this?
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 07-19-2017 at 12:49 PM.

BANNED

Yeah Jen never confronting Clint about his hand in killing Bruce really peeved me bad. Maybe it've been refunded to since TA Hulk did that scene but still you can at least show a different more bitter & angry side to what he did with Jen. But instead Jen went off to work out her trauma while Clint went off to be horribly written & turned into an utter joke.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Yeah Jen never confronting Clint about his hand in killing Bruce really peeved me bad. Maybe it've been refunded to since TA Hulk did that scene but still you can at least show a different more bitter & angry side to what he did with Jen. But instead Jen went off to work out her trauma while Clint went off to be horribly written & turned into an utter joke.
    It has been one of the biggest I keep forgetting about jen not confronted clint. These two were good friends and team mates for years. I mean jen almost got erased from history for trying to save clint and clint actually one helped her in Search For She-Hulk. But goes back to the issues with the series wanting to do with her past much. Sooner then later this got to happen and the fact this confrontation hasn't happen is insane.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Is the guy with She-Hulk suppose to be someone we know or just some 'random annoying guy?'
    I'm gonna guess the second one, I think the only red haired males Jennifer knows are Daredevil/Matt, Ant-Man (Scott), Juggernaut, maybe she knows Volstagg, and I don't believe she's met Hyperion, all of those have a different hairstyle and some have different body builds than that guy has.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist
    Slott's run is my favorite run of Jen for multiple reasons you stated and others. I absolutly loved the world building of not only Jennifer Walters but also the Marvel Universe in that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist
    In agreement there, Jen's final words are suppose to encourage Carol to continue acting upon Ulysses but that completely contradicts what she believes in and saw when what happens when people punish a criminal before the crime in the zero issue. We get back to Jen in the hospital but when Carol is telling Jennifer that Bruce died and we see Carol's calm face instead of Jen's raw reaction to it. Did no one working on that book consider the reader would be more invested in the drama if we saw the victim's emotions instead of the messanger's? For Jen being leader of the opposing side, I'm spilt 50/50. On one hand she would be a main character/driving force of the story on the other hand that would mean she would also make all the dumb mistakes Carol and Tony had too for the sake of it being a Civil War rather than actual character flaws.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I'm gonna guess the second one, I think the only red haired males Jennifer knows are Daredevil/Matt, Ant-Man (Scott), Juggernaut, maybe she knows Volstagg, and I don't believe she's met Hyperion, all of those have a different hairstyle and some have different body builds than that guy has.

Slott's run is my favorite run of Jen for multiple reasons you stated and others. I absolutly loved the world building of not only Jennifer Walters but also the Marvel Universe in that run.

In agreement there, Jen's final words are suppose to encourage Carol to continue acting upon Ulysses but that completely contradicts what she believes in and saw when what happens when people punish a criminal before the crime in the zero issue. We get back to Jen in the hospital but when Carol is telling Jennifer that Bruce died and we see Carol's calm face instead of Jen's raw reaction to it. Did no one working on that book consider the reader would be more invested in the drama if we saw the victim's emotions instead of the messanger's? For Jen being leader of the opposing side, I'm spilt 50/50. On one hand she would be a main character/driving force of the story on the other hand that would mean she would also make all the dumb mistakes Carol and Tony had too for the sake of it being a Civil War rather than actual character flaws.
    Why would she tell Carol to continue to trust Ulysses? A) she's a lawyer--innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Visions do not hold up in most Marvel law cases. B) she knows visions to be fallible. Both of these happened in her comic just before Civil War (the first civil war).

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Why would she tell Carol to continue to trust Ulysses? A) she's a lawyer--innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Visions do not hold up in most Marvel law cases. B) she knows visions to be fallible. Both of these happened in her comic just before Civil War (the first civil war).
    What She-Hulk says is actually vague but Carol takes it as to continue the course she's on. If I have to think of some explanation why she does say that, it might be a combination of She-Hulk somehow accepting what Maria Hill told her that criminals can't change in the zero issue and Captain Marvel, using Ulysses, just prevented Thanos from getting a cosmic cube trading two lives for many. Nevertheless, these two possible reasons wouldn't be enough to change that way She-Hulk viewed the world for so long, so drastically. I agree with you (excellent points btw) that doesn't make sense for Jennifer and so does Dazzler when she brings up She-Hulk being a lawyer to Captain Marvel in the A-Force ties-ins of CW2.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Thank you for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Attachment 51711

HULK #11

MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • GEORGES DUARTE (A)
    Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    BUY THIS BOOK OR ELSE!
    JEN WALTERS here, asking you to kindly pre-order your copy of HULK #11…or else I’ll come into your shop and rip up all of your issues of ASTONISHING X-MEN #1! That last-page reveal won’t be so revealing when it’s in shreds on the floor…What? No, I’m not deflecting. Yes, the events of the last arc WERE challenging, but I’m fine…Listen, I just told you, I AM FINE. If you keep asking me, you’ll make me mad…and you won’t like me when I’m mad…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

So she-hulk legacy renumbering not starting till november or december or january? Maybe we will hear about at comic con this weekend.
    From the looks of this, its the last issue before it the re-numbering which does bring the total to 158. I am not sure what to expect going by that solicit.

--
    On another notes Sideshow Collectable is going to release Avenger prints by Alex Garner. Featuring She-Hulk but the interesting thing is that apart from Jen and Jess everyone else is appearing or going to appear in the MCU. This does not point to anything but its quite interesting and looks great.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    From the looks of this, its the last issue before it the re-numbering which does bring the total to 158. I am not sure what to expect going by that solicit.

--
    On another notes Sideshow Collectable is going to release Avenger prints by Alex Garner. Featuring She-Hulk but the interesting thing is that apart from Jen and Jess everyone else is appearing or going to appear in the MCU. This does not point to anything but its quite interesting and looks great.

While She-Hulk is a bit too thin there, I like her outfit! Not a big costume design to go with.

Incredible Member

Jen was half dead and probably doped to the gills, she could have told Carol she really likes blue bananas.

It was just egomaniac insufferable Carol who took a sick woman's half lucid rambling as affirmation of what she was gonna do anyway

A new Marvel lego Superheroes 2 trailer was released and confirms that Jennifer will have a role in the story mode.

Also from the Women of Marvel panel, Mariko Tamaki confrims that she is continuing to to write She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    A new Marvel lego Superheroes 2 trailer was released and confirms that Jennifer will have a role in the story mode.
    Sweet! I'm definitely more motivated to purchase this time around.