Page 218 of 249 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    'Does basic research on google' should not be something resume-worthy. How hard is it to know not to put a range-fighter up close? any kid who plays DD knows this.

Right now, I'm waiting for She-Hulk to point out how she got punked by a plothole when pointing them out was her job until her forgot about it.
    I have a theory it was of a marvel wikipedia search. Which would explain a lot was wrong with last Hulk/She-Hulk series.

Spectacular Member

I kinda like her being so bulky, at least for a while.

It'd make a fun contrast with her personality if she still had one.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Can't use Red She Hulk, ABomb, or Hulk's son either too due to Duggan's brief Hulk run.

Ironically, that comic ended with him starting She Hulk was the best of the Hulk Family cause she never let anger control her and was able to rise above everything.
    Honestly, based on what cure was, it’s a very easy fix. Doc Green’s cure was basically nanites that absorb the gamma energy from their cells preventing them from reaching a critical mass kinda like how Doc Ock’s Hoblin serum cure involved nanites. Given that this is comics, taking out or even just turning off the nanites is a simple matter of a writer exploiting it especially with the number of scientific minds in the MU.

Hang on - that's the EXACT same thing Amadeus is doing to both give him his powers, and remove them (it's explained in the preview pages of next week's Hulk #717). And does Banner still have those nanites? He depowered Red Hulk II via gamma energy absorption during No Surrender.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So I read Avengers #2. Liking the story and loved the art (actually bought a page from it). Not a fan of Jen's personality but I am more forgiving as I think its been mentioned that this story was probably written way in advanced (probably the case for Thor #700 too) possbily around the first arc where we didin't know the the personality of the gray form and just went with Hulk Smash persona and just re-coloured her green, even the cover for two looks like the gray form. Another thing is Ed Mguinness who is not a fast artist so he would need a lot of time to complete the issues for them to come out as consistanly as they do. So while its not great or consistant hopefully it will only be this first arc and then we will get more of the classic Jennifer as we go along. As for th Brooklyn remark that I think that was more of the Editiors fault for not checking and just going with the 2014 series where she had an office in Brooklyn.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I have a theory it was of a marvel wikipedia search. Which would explain a lot was wrong with last Hulk/She-Hulk series.
    using google, I could find several otehr places to find better references, incluing a site that listed every comic a character was feautred in, even if they wren't remotely the main character (or it was a dream/illusion)

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    using google, I could find several otehr places to find better references, incluing a site that listed every comic a character was feautred in, even if they wren't remotely the main character (or it was a dream/illusion)
    To many current writers at marvel feel like they need to know basics of character or what think is. Don't care if their book contradicts the characters history. Its not the 90s where all this info was as you said a quick google search away. Just not that way she-hulk but other characters. There are some good writers who do care its just other that mess it up.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    To many current writers at marvel feel like they need to know basics of character or what think is. Don't care if their book contradicts the characters history. Its not the 90s where all this info was as you said a quick google search away. Just not that way she-hulk but other characters. There are some good writers who do care its just other that mess it up.
    I feel it's too much focus on 'Heres' a [insert minority here], lets focus on that only!' or 'We want to write about [insert super-political drama topic here], let's choose a big-name character and focus on [whatever tiopic they chose that is probably not relevant] only'

She-Hulk August related solicits.

AVENGERS #6

JASON AARON (W), ED McGUINNESS (A/C) RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR VARIANT COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY

"The Final Host" concludes!

The final battle against the Dark Celestials. A battle unlike any the Avengers have ever experienced. A battle a million years in the making. The new team of heavy hitters assembles at last. But will the young, inexperienced Ghost Rider prove to be the most important and powerful member of all?

32 pages, $3.99.

WAKANDA FOREVER: AVENGERS #1

NNEDI OKORAFOR (W), OLEG OKUNEV (A) Cover by TERRY DODSON CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY YASMINE PUTRI (3 of 3) VARIANT COVER BY VANESA R. DEL REY From Hugo Award-winning Writer Nnedi Okorafor!

The Black Panther joins the fight against Nakia, A.K.A. the villainous and crazed Malice! Finally, the man of her dreams is within Nakia's grasp. But he's brought a few friends with him, and they're not happy about the world-ending weapon she just unleashed. The seemingly all-powerful Mimic-27 has already laid out Storm and the X-Men, and the Dora Milaje are at a loss. If they're going to save Wakanda and the world, Okoye, Ayo and Aneka will have to delve deep into the mysteries of the Doras. Best-selling author Nnedi Okorafor reveals secrets of the Dora Milaje in the final installment of WAKANDA FOREVER!

40 pages, $4.99.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'll have to go back a bit but didn't Jen appear in her regular form when Quicksilver saw her frozen in Avengers: No Surrender?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Good old Terry Dodson. He can't salvage anything with his art. That's a decent hulked up Jen.

Meanwhile, that other cover... how the f**k is Jen's top still on? Does she have anime or manga powers? At least the other cover has her wearing an appropriately sized shirt. Oof, this is embarrassing.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'll have to go back a bit but didn't Jen appear in her regular form when Quicksilver saw her frozen in Avengers: No Surrender?
    Yup

Good old Terry Dodson. He can't salvage anything with his art. That's a decent hulked up Jen.

Meanwhile, that other cover... how the f**k is Jen's top still on? Does she have anime or manga powers? At least the other cover has her wearing an appropriately sized shirt. Oof, this is embarrassing.
    Yeah hopefully she'll get a proper costume next issue with the new arch. Maybe Doc Strange casted a clothing protection spell .
    Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    She-Hulk August related solicits.

AVENGERS #6

JASON AARON (W), ED McGUINNESS (A/C) RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR VARIANT COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY

"The Final Host" concludes!

The final battle against the Dark Celestials. A battle unlike any the Avengers have ever experienced. A battle a million years in the making. The new team of heavy hitters assembles at last. But will the young, inexperienced Ghost Rider prove to be the most important and powerful member of all?

32 pages, $3.99.

WAKANDA FOREVER: AVENGERS #1

NNEDI OKORAFOR (W), OLEG OKUNEV (A) Cover by TERRY DODSON CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY YASMINE PUTRI (3 of 3) VARIANT COVER BY VANESA R. DEL REY From Hugo Award-winning Writer Nnedi Okorafor!

The Black Panther joins the fight against Nakia, A.K.A. the villainous and crazed Malice! Finally, the man of her dreams is within Nakia's grasp. But he's brought a few friends with him, and they're not happy about the world-ending weapon she just unleashed. The seemingly all-powerful Mimic-27 has already laid out Storm and the X-Men, and the Dora Milaje are at a loss. If they're going to save Wakanda and the world, Okoye, Ayo and Aneka will have to delve deep into the mysteries of the Doras. Best-selling author Nnedi Okorafor reveals secrets of the Dora Milaje in the final installment of WAKANDA FOREVER!

40 pages, $4.99.
    Always good to see Jen recognized a heavy hitter especially in the context of fighting greater Celestials.
    It'll be cool to see this (She-)Hulk go up against the Doras and Wakanda tech.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

how the f**k is Jen's top still on?
    Probably remnants of the Comics Code Authority protecting her clothes as she revealed during Byrne's run.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Frankly (Bruce Banner) Hulk shouldn't be keeping his pants on either, so....

I really don't care for how artists are depicting Jen now, from the non-costume to the over-the-top Hulk physique.

I guess I'll at least hope that she's written as more then just "female Hulk" in her guest appearances.