Page 235 of 249 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3725
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Man, replicating Pulido's in animation really makes it look ugly. No bad lazy eyes but ehhhh...

Though, still nice to see Marvel recommending this. Shows they haven't forgot one of Jen's best aspects, her lawyer side.

I was about to post that but fun video.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post

A little, but it seems that gamma-affected beings already have the ability for limitless power. Dying and returning to life must cause something else to happen. I can't wait to hear Al Ewing's reveal on thisActually so far on Avengers, it seems Aaron is sticking closer to Marvel Comics original ideas of how their earth started. There are some tweaks, but it's much more closer than Jonathan Hickman's revisionist Marvel Universe history.

If they go this route, I'm out. Gamma characters have come in multiple forms like Jen, Leonard, Abomination, Sasquatch, Harpy, etc but only the Hulk ever had the increasing strength factor. Not once did Stan ever utter, the madder xxxx gets the stronger xxxx gets with any other character than the Hulk. It was what made him unique, the Hulk is the Strongest One There Is.

My pull of the Avengers will stop if Aaron starts trying to rewrite major facets of canon to make all Gamma affected characters = Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggha View Post
    If they go this route, I'm out. Gamma characters have come in multiple forms like Jen, Leonard, Abomination, Sasquatch, Harpy, etc but only the Hulk ever had the increasing strength factor. Not once did Stan ever utter, the madder xxxx gets the stronger xxxx gets with any other character than the Hulk. It was what made him unique, the Hulk is the Strongest One There Is.

My pull of the Avengers will stop if Aaron starts trying to rewrite major facets of canon to make all Gamma affected characters = Hulk.
    Well goodbye, if that's the case because they already did it with Hotshot from the Riot Squad and mentioned that unbeknownst to Sasquatch, he had all the potential as Hulk.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-24-2018 at 04:00 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Not once did Stan ever utter, the madder xxxx gets the stronger xxxx gets with any other character than the Hulk.
    I can give a little leeway for Jen because she's Bruce's cousin and thus is genetically closer than the others, and got a blood transfusion from him; but her strength boost shouldn't scale as fast or as high as his.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I can give a little leeway for Jen because she's Bruce's cousin and thus is genetically closer than the others, and got a blood transfusion from him; but her strength boost shouldn't scale as fast or as high as his.
    While they share blood the two aspects that make Bruce unique he got from Brian Banner 1) Irradiated DNA, 2) A severely traumatic childhood.

Spectacular Member

Well goodbye, if that's the case because they already did it with Hotshot from the Riot Squad and mentioned that unbeknownst to Sasquatch, he had all the potential as Hulk.
    No worries and easily done. When they start making a singular key aspect of one of Marvel's most iconic characters interchangeable to others then the lack of uniqueness takes away any special nature. The hulk just becomes a gamma brick no more special than any other. I took my $150 a month pull and put into other pursuits when they killed Banner and just came back after five years with Immortal Hulk and have been adding to the pull every month. I can easily walk away again. My kids and I spent the last five years and those thousands of dollars building a HO scale prototype C & O steam era railroad that spans a 20x20 section of the rec room. I didn't miss it then and I've been thinking about getting them into drones and model airplanes and maybe this will give me the impetus to go ahead leave comics behind again. $1800 a year is a lot of money for a hobby and pastime and it doesn't have to go to Marvel.

No worries and easily done. When they start making a singular key aspect of one of Marvel's most iconic characters interchangeable to others then the lack of uniqueness takes away any special nature. The hulk just becomes a gamma brick no more special than any other. I took my $150 a month pull and put into other pursuits when they killed Banner and just came back after five years with Immortal Hulk and have been adding to the pull every month. I can easily walk away again. My kids and I spent the last five years and those thousands of dollars building a HO scale prototype C & O steam era railroad that spans a 20x20 section of the rec room. I didn't miss it then and I've been thinking about getting them into drones and model airplanes and maybe this will give me the impetus to go ahead leave comics behind again. $1800 a year is a lot of money for a hobby and pastime and it doesn't have to go to Marvel.
    Believe me, I stopped collecting comics on more than a few occasions for things that bothered me. I only just got back recently.

As far as unlimited strength, I think it's a power potential that is relegated to gamma-affected beings. I personally hope that's the limit. As long as Bruce Banner is the Hulk, he will be unique. The biggest problem I have with gamma-affected beings is when Marvel started to refer to all of them as "hulks".
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-24-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Those are always great and this one did not disappoint

The biggest problem I have with gamma-affected beings is when Marvel started to refeeling to all of them as "hulks".
    Let's make a rundown.

Bruce Banner: Hulk
    Jennifer Walters: She-Hulk
    Lyra: Savage She-Hulk
    Thaddeus Ross: Red Hulk
    Elizabeth Ross: Red She-Hulk
    Robert Maverick: second Red Hulk
    Amadeus Cho: Totally Awesome Hulk

Did I miss any?

That makes it seven gamma people with "Hulk" in their name.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Let's make a rundown.

Did I miss any?

Weapon H
    Skaar, Son of Hulk

I think what Gamma Irradiated Being us getting at us that too many Gamma characters are starting to feel and act like the Hulk like, not necessarily what their name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I think what Gamma Irradiated Being us getting at us that too many Gamma characters are starting to feel and act like the Hulk like, not necessarily what their name is.
    Point taken. Besides super-strength, what other powers does gamma confer? Super intelligence (Leader), power mimicry (Geiger), strength and flight (Harpy) and…
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Let's make a rundown.

Did I miss any?

Not so much that, in story they are called Hulks plural as if it's a category. That's what bothers me. She-Hulk gets a pass, but she never called herself She-Hulk or Hulk until after World War Hulk. I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Weapon H
    Skaar, Son of Hulk

I don't know who exactly coined it, but I don't know why Marvel just doesn't refer to gamma people as "gamma-irradiated beings". It's in older comics. Al Ewing is referring to them as both "hulks" and "gamma-affected" beings. I prefer gamma-affected out of the two personally.

Al Ewing is referring to them as both "hulks" and "gamma-affected" beings. I prefer gamma-affected out of the two personally.
    Just my guess, if you're strong, green or red-skinned, and still human-looking, you're called a "hulk". Doc Samson only has green hair. Abomination and A-Bomb don't look human.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.