Page 241 of 249 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 3725
    BANNED

Has shulkie ever worn a wrestling singlet type costume?

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katefan View Post
    That video makes me miss the era when artists weren't afraid to draw She-Hulk sexy.
    I'm all for a sexy drawing as the next guy but the story has to come first. She-Hulk's recent stories focusing on her struggles means that the tone doesn't call for a sexy depiction through that darker time for her. With Jen charging back into fun adventures we may see that side of her again but then again even Batman can't escape people covering him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    This was awesome.

This is also fantastic. Really enjoyed Thompson's Jen back in A-Force. Not a huge fan of Carol but excited nonetheless. Hoping a good solo book is in the works for 2019.
    Hope so too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Has shulkie ever worn a wrestling singlet type costume?
    What comes to mind are some of her costume variants she had for her iconic one piece costume which she had for a couple issues here and there, the She-Hulks miniseries costume, and the Soule run costume would probably come the closest.
    She-Hulks_Vol_1_1.jpg
    She-Hulk_Vol_3_1_Stegman_Variant_Textless.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I'm all for a sexy drawing as the next guy but the story has to come first. She-Hulk's recent stories focusing on her struggles means that the tone doesn't call for a sexy depiction through that darker time for her. With Jen charging back into fun adventures we may see that side of her again but then again even Batman can't escape people covering him up.
    Yes, but Bruce is often portrayed in a masculine, macho manner. His costume is skin tight, showing off muscle definition. There is no doubt Batman is the masculine ideal both in and out of costume.

Tamaki's run on She...Oh, sorry, just "Hulk", was terrible both in art and execution. I don't think anyone wants to see uber muscular She-Hulk. Is anyone really enjoying Aaron's take on her in the pages of Avengers? A female character can be both strong and sexy, just take a look at Wonder Woman for the past few decades since the George Perez reboot. I get that people don't want the extreme days of Ed Benes where every heroine he drew seemed to be sporting a thong and DDs but at the same time I hate the de-sexualization of heroines in comics. Has anyone seen the way they draw Tigra in West Coast Avengers? Once upon a time she was one of comics' sexiest heroines, now it appears she has no breasts.

Incredible Member

A woman can have big defined musculature and still be beautiful. See Serena Williams. Most mainstream artists don't know "how" to do it... probably using Male bodybuilding pose references. I don't want skinny, swimsuit Jen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    A woman can have big defined musculature and still be beautiful. See Serena Williams. Most mainstream artists don't know "how" to do it... probably using Male bodybuilding pose references. I don't want skinny, swimsuit Jen.
    I don't want skinny super model Jen either. But at the same time I don't want low IQ musclebound, veiny She Hulk either.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    You can do both. DC does it with Grayson/Nightwing and Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by katefan View Post
    Yes, but Bruce is often portrayed in a masculine, macho manner. His costume is skin tight, showing off muscle definition. There is no doubt Batman is the masculine ideal both in and out of costume.

Tamaki's run on She...Oh, sorry, just "Hulk", was terrible both in art and execution. I don't think anyone wants to see uber muscular She-Hulk. Is anyone really enjoying Aaron's take on her in the pages of Avengers? A female character can be both strong and sexy, just take a look at Wonder Woman for the past few decades since the George Perez reboot. I get that people don't want the extreme days of Ed Benes where every heroine he drew seemed to be sporting a thong and DDs but at the same time I hate the de-sexualization of heroines in comics. Has anyone seen the way they draw Tigra in West Coast Avengers? Once upon a time she was one of comics' sexiest heroines, now it appears she has no breasts.
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but while those features can be attractive, they are framed more to appeal to a power fantasy audience, he is almost always posed heroically rather than what you would find on the cover of a romance novel.

Agreed about the poor execution in Hulk. I actually prefer a She-Hulk with more muscles than not but everyone has there own preference. Personally, I think She-Hulk should be the one pushing the boundary for acceptable female body types and as people grew to accept the old She-Hulk frame into the likes of Captain Marvel, Thor(Jane), etc. She-Hulk needed to bulk up to continue being the leader of that push.
    I dislike Aaron's She-Hulk dialogue but his human Jen I find done well, she displayed a compassion that is greater than her well being and a confidence and acceptance of her new Hulk status.
    Agreed, I think comics right now want to move away as far as possible from the stigma that they are a boys only club and so we will have this awkward phase of trying not to have just one female body type with hyperbolic features for every character but I think as more female creators join the creative process we have been getting to a good middle ground and variety of looks for female characters. In the Tigra case, I haven't seen her but she is supposed to be a agile, athletic character so less fat stored in her chest and therefore slimmer appearance does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    100% Agreed with your first, second, and final statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You can do both. DC does it with Grayson/Nightwing and Supergirl.
    I haven't read either of those so I'll take your word for it but for She-Hulk's particular case of being sacred of her own Hulk, her own body, and initially turning away even her closest friends, being sexy doesn't mess well with those themes and contradicts the major one of being afraid of herself. Thankfully She-Hulk is past that low point now

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

In regards to Stan Lee, someone wrote an article thanking him for She-Hulk.

Everyone who loves superhero storytelling has a Stan Lee moment. “‘With great power comes great responsibility’ is one of the greatest single moral injunctions in all of American pop culture,” the comic book writer Greg Pak wrote of Spider-Man’s motto. The critic Maureen Ryan recalled a personal kindness Lee showed her son. Dorkly editor Tristan Cooper praised his sense of humor.

As for me, the greatest debt I owe this giant of the comics industry, who died on Nov. 12 at 95, is She-Hulk, my favorite superheroine and a testament to the power of female anger.

She-Hulk illustrates both Lee’s commercial savvy and his creative instincts. The character was essentially a rights grab, created in an attempt to make sure that the Bionic Woman wouldn’t become the go-to superpowered woman in the public imagination. Lee created Jennifer Walters as Bruce Banner’s cousin, who acquired his propensity to get big and green — though not mindless — through an emergency blood transfusion.

Lee didn’t write the character for long. But one measure of his accomplishment in creating her is that she has been such a fertile template for other writers. She-Hulk is an enduring fantasy for reasons that have nothing to do with some male readers’ (and creators’) dreams of being dominated by powerful women. She-Hulk speaks to a world where women are compelling and alluring when we’re at our most powerful, where our anger must be reckoned with and can’t be an excuse to marginalize us.

In the midst of a years-long conversation about sexual violence, female vulnerability and sexual freedom, Dan Slott’s “Single Green Female” She-Hulk stories are a blast of liberating fun. She-Hulk’s romantic adventures let us imagine what it might be like to be a woman who could never be hurt or overpowered by a partner. Because her superpowers manifest in the form of physical transformation, she’s harder to distort or reduce to a pinup, as some artists have done to superheroines whose powers are more intangible. She-Hulk is strong, and that strength is a source of pleasure to her as much as it is a reason for us to admire her.

And at a time when the women confronting senators over Brett M. Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court were alternately painted as aggressive or hysterical, I felt braced by scenes of She-Hulk’s righteous anger. The panels where she confronts and outwits Iron Man, who assumes that, like her cousin, she becomes a mindless monster when she’s transformed, make me hope for a day when the public can recognize the reason behind women’s rage. She-Hulk doesn’t lose herself when she transforms; she becomes a more concentrated version of herself.

I suspect the reasons She-Hulk has been so resonant for me are also the major obstacles to a She-Hulk movie adaptation or a streaming show about her. She’s not a tortured anti-heroine, nor is she a sex object who happens to punch really hard. Instead, she’s a modern woman whose greatest power seems to be her ability to blast through the complications and contradictions that vex the rest of us.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 11-12-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That is an excellent video! A very good visual explanation of why she is awesome!

That is a nice article, I am also grateful to Stan Lee for giving us a character that inspire many good feelings among her fans. To me, she is the embodiment of what an ideal companion would be.

If I were an artist, my tribute to Stan Lee would be a long line of pallbearers starting with the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man and all the other characters he created with She Hulk at the very end.
    Too bad we will never see Stan Lee cameo in a She-Hulk live action movie or show, but he did voice her father in an episode of the Hulk animated series 20 years ago, so Jen did get the homage she deserved.

BANNED

You're going to find this a bit interesting as remember Mariko Tamaki and her She-Hulk run...well it looks like Infinity Warps gave us ONE MORE She-Hulk themed story from her, but not the way you think.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This is how She-Hulk's appearances this week fared:

Fantastic Four #3
    spoilers:
    Jen hulks out as the entire family takes down Griever's ship and is even zapped by her, to little effect because as Reed explains, Griever's powers are most effective in destroying on a large-scale. When they win and Reed says it's time to go, she replies to Nova's question if they are actually doing it that yes, Reed's word is good enough for her. And no, she doesn't see Bruce.
    end of spoilers

Avengers #10/700
    spoilers:
    Very good showing for Jen, although we first see her with T'Challa in Wakanda. When he asks her what she sees inside her as part of their meditation therapy, she says that she sees her own face smiling and calm, but the panel shows glowing red eyes in a very Hulkish face up to the nose only. Jen balks at them going to an Avengers press con which T'Challa says will be the challenge for her not to Hulk out.

When they later face the DotD, Orca takes on her and is shocked when her hands burns his. Jen adds with some humor that not only does she burn, smash and explode, but she also sues.

With the arrival of the Winter Guard, Jen steps back as Vostok, the Russian counterpart to Vision, takes on Orca, but returns to action to break up the infighting between the two gods of the Winter Guard, Perun and Chernobog. She separates and subdues them with a gamma explosion two-fisted smash on the ground. Crimson Dynamo attacks her from behind ordering her to stop but Iron Man defends her. Later when Namor's DotD retreats she is seen helping the residents of Hydropolis get to safety.
    end of spoilers

Infinity Warps #1
    spoilers:
    Very short story, shows Green Widow hulking out during her mission with Catseye (Hellcat/Hawkeye) and defeats Iron Titania (Titania warp with I can't guess who, though she has a hammer). We don't even know whether her name is Jennifer Romanoff or Natasha Walters.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This is how She-Hulk's appearances this week fared

Avengers #10/700
    spoilers:
    Very good showing for Jen, although we first see her with T'Challa in Wakanda. When he asks her what she sees inside her as part of their meditation therapy, she says that she sees her own face smiling and calm, but the panel shows glowing red eyes in a very Hulkish face up to the nose only. Jen balks at them going to an Avengers press con which T'Challa says will be the challenge for her not to Hulk out.

When they later face the DotD, Orca takes on her and is shocked when her hands burns his. Jen adds with some humor that not only does she burn, smash and explode, but she also sues.

With the arrival of the Winter Guard, Jen steps back as Vostok, the Russian counterpart to Vision, takes on Orca, but returns to action to break up the infighting between the two gods of the Winter Guard, Perun and Chernobog. She separates and subdues them with a gamma explosion two-fisted smash on the ground. Crimson Dynamo attacks her from behind ordering her to stop but Iron Man defends her. Later when Namor's DotD retreats she is seen helping the residents of Hydropolis get to safety.
    end of spoilers
    Really enjoying Avengers and Jen did a have good showing this month and it's really interesting what is going on with her especially as Aaron is feeding small bits of information every issue.

look at those fists. I feel sorry for anyone who gets hit with that.

Look how much bigger she is then Cage and Thor. I'm telling you all Thor is the small spoon
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

look at those fists. I feel sorry for anyone who gets hit with that.

Look how much bigger she is then Cage and Thor. I'm telling you all Thor is the small spoon
    I don't mind a She-Hulk with some muscle on her but this is starting to get ridiculous .