Page 104 of 249 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3725
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I do think that when certain posters have made their stance on a particular development on a character, in this case She-Hulk, abundantly and crystal clear, it no longer serves to advance discussion when their stance is repeated at the slightest opportunity. It runs the risk of turning from ad infinitum to ad nauseam. As for the being flat-chested, well, both Jen and Betty have appeared less feminine when they've turned savage and looked brutish.

Stay tuned for when I make a big post about the entire issue. I'm not rushing it because I want to cover many bases.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Does nobody trust the writer on this? Look at how Black Panther and The Vision turned out with brilliant writers.
    A. That would first involve familiarity with the author, which many may not have (like myself).

B. Most of the authors work seems to be creator owned, set in there own universes, with their own characters, which is different then writing an established character in an interconnected universe.

C. The direction seems worrying and reductive, predicated on bull%&$# from Civil War 2. (Any explanation given for why she's not healing?)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Personally, I'm adapting a wait-and-see attitude. Healthy skepticism is fine, but it can be taken to extremes (as with other matters). Some people do the former, some the latter. Plus, a good writer can make lemonade out of lemons, eh?

Edit: If it matters, she's done Lara Croft and is doing Supergirl the same time as Hulk.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm kind of curious about how her dialogue is going to turn out. Will she be kind of unstable like Betty was at first when she was Red She-Hulk, but settle down with a bit of a mean streak? Have sort of jerky, adolescent attitude like her cousin's gray version? Have a "Hulk smash!" thing going on? Be mostly mute like a few of Banner's personas? Or actually retain most of her intelligence but with a bit more anger in Hulk form like Cho, Ross and some of Bruce's smarter Hulk versions?

I'm also curious how General Ross might fit into things, since he seems to have been re-powered recently and will be on an Avengers team. Also if they're using other Hulk villains like the Leader-especially since it was revealed Leader had regained his green skin and intelligence recently.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I wonder if anyone is going to deal with the fact that Leader is back to being the Leader? That's been established for a while now since Duggan's Hulk run pre-Secret War and nobody's really addressed it.

I don't think Jen's ever gotten back at him for making a fool of her during that one issue of the Slott run.

Does nobody trust the writer on this? Look at how Black Panther and The Vision turned out with brilliant writers.
    I hope Tamaki is more respectful of characterization and character history then Coates is on Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I do think that when certain posters have made their stance on a particular development on a character, in this case She-Hulk, abundantly and crystal clear, it no longer serves to advance discussion when their stance is repeated at the slightest opportunity. It runs the risk of turning from ad infinitum to ad nauseam.
    omg.
    Hug.
    High Five.
    You get all of it.

not read The Vision, but I got bored of Black Panther and dropped it. Not a massive fan, wanted to like it. Didn't.
    I surrender to the Contest

she'll eventually be back to her old self. promise.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday June Brigman!!!

She-Hulk art + She-Hulk: Ceremony # 1 & 2 by June Brigman
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._june_brigman/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I do think that when certain posters have made their stance on a particular development on a character, in this case She-Hulk, abundantly and crystal clear, it no longer serves to advance discussion when their stance is repeated at the slightest opportunity. It runs the risk of turning from ad infinitum to ad nauseam. As for the being flat-chested, well, both Jen and Betty have appeared less feminine when they've turned savage and looked brutish.

Stay tuned for when I make a big post about the entire issue. I'm not rushing it because I want to cover many bases.
    It's just that the attitude more comes off as "I don't like change!" or the very at least, don't seem to trust the writer to craft a good story out of Civil War II given its recent infamous reputation. Who's to say Tamaki can't make something good out of that?

It's just that the attitude more comes off as "I don't like change!" or the very at least, don't seem to trust the writer to craft a good story out of Civil War II given its recent infamous reputation. Who's to say Tamaki can't make something good out of that?
    Well, I guess there is a trend of writers taking the dumb stuff coming out of Civil War II and doing good work with it...

Its not lack of trust or I don't like change. I don't like bad change. I just gotten tired of crap like Cap Hydra. Yeah jen will be back to old self sometime but damage will be done before that happens. To fans to the character to the character around. There is no going. There is positive growth out of this. Hate she-hulk? New appreciation of she-hulk something she been fine with for years? This is problem with stories like this. Its characters that damaged. I'm worried about the story and damage is does to her. Is this book or idea selling me that Jen can be better spot before this ever started? No. I could be totally wrong. I hope I am.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Its not lack of trust or I don't like change. I don't like bad change. I just gotten tired of crap like Cap Hydra. Yeah jen will be back to old self sometime but damage will be done before that happens. To fans to the character to the character around. There is no going. There is positive growth out of this. Hate she-hulk? New appreciation of she-hulk something she been fine with for years? This is problem with stories like this. Its characters that damaged. I'm worried about the story and damage is does to her. Is this book or idea selling me that Jen can be better spot before this ever started? No. I could be totally wrong. I hope I am.
    Given the writer, it's likely she'll make something great out of it. She's good at nuance emotion given what I've seen. If Tom King can make something out of Vision or Coates can make something out of Black Panther, Tamaki can make something out of She-Hulk.

I love She-Hulk and I love writers doing a lot of experiments to make them stand out even further and interesting than they were before.

Fantastic Member

Given the new tone, do you think we'll see Mercy again? She was a foe of the Hulk's for a while, and her whole thing was to "help" despairing people by giving them death.

I get the feeling that this run is going to be more like the Savage She-Hulk. Which segways me into a different topic, the original Savage She-Hulk #1 has gone up in value among collectors its goes for around $55 in the best condition. Also I don't know if anyone has seen Udon's Street Fighter unlimted comic did a tribute to the Savage She-Hulk cover, with the character Laura turning into She-Blanka (she doesn't is just a fun cover idea).