Page 12 of 249 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

it would seem that the perspectives are from someone using Pym particles to grow or shrink.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

i miss the days of MUK from my youth, when guys like Geoff Senior, Kev Hopgood and Andy Wildman drew decent realistic art in all the comics with none of the stupid cartoony shite. I'm not expecting Alex Ross/Bryan Hitch levels of realism, but people like Coipel and Noto are better than the weird cartoony guff like Pulido and Alred.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    New interview with Charles Soule with exclusive preview from #5.

Is that Tigra in one of the previews and if so, then I can see why Hank Pym guest stars in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    it would seem that the perspectives are from someone using Pym particles to grow or shrink.
    I think its more a peephole perspective rather than someone using Pyms Particles.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    i miss the days of MUK from my youth, when guys like Geoff Senior, Kev Hopgood and Andy Wildman drew decent realistic art in all the comics with none of the stupid cartoony shite. I'm not expecting Alex Ross/Bryan Hitch levels of realism, but people like Coipel and Noto are better than the weird cartoony guff like Pulido and Alred.
    Funny thing with Bryan Hitch, I like his art but I prefer is earlier She-Hulk compared to his current version.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Is that Tigra in one of the previews and if so, then I can see why Hank Pym guest stars in this one.
    It is but Hank is not in this issue.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

All-New Member

Jen is a great character. One of Marvel's best. It is almost always a joy to see her in a team book (unless the writer is doing another rehash of that tired "Jen loses control & goes into a berserker-rage" story line), but frankly, aside from Slott's run on her solo books, I never have been crazy about the way Marvel feels the need to harken back to Byrne's run in her solo books.

Don't get me wrong. Marvel need not play everything straight all the time. The MU is large enough to embrace comedy & cartoonishness. Thing is, when it comes to Jen, I'd rather see her doing traditional super-hero-realism (to coin a super-akward phrase). I get why Marvel continues to revisit the comedic well with Jen, it worked out for them when Byrne & Slott were doing it. Still, the Jen, I love, is Jen the ass-kicking, super-hero. If she wants to crack a joke while she's busting heads, that's ok with me.

At some point it would be soooo much fun if Marvel would hire Kelly Sue DeConnick or Kathryn Immonen to do a She-Hulk solo. It would be nice to see a women writer's take on She-Hulk's sexuality. I hate how so many of the guy writers either "slut-shame" Jen, or titter like 9 year olds over her sex life. Jen's super-smart, & super-sexy, & super-powerful, she should be afforded the respect she's earned without forever being the butt of dumb-ass, adolescent "slut" jokes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I did, pulled the trigger. Told my LCS to take She-Hulk off my pull list. Seeing the promo art for #5 only reaffirms I made the right call for me.
    An opening arc about political asylum for Doom's son + art I was only stomaching wasn't cutting it. Had the story been engaging for me I'd have been more tolerable but the story is weak.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by martyt'naga View Post
    Jen is a great character. One of Marvel's best. It is almost always a joy to see her in a team book (unless the writer is doing another rehash of that tired "Jen loses control & goes into a berserker-rage" story line), but frankly, aside from Slott's run on her solo books, I never have been crazy about the way Marvel feels the need to harken back to Byrne's run in her solo books.

Don't get me wrong. Marvel need not play everything straight all the time. The MU is large enough to embrace comedy & cartoonishness. Thing is, when it comes to Jen, I'd rather see her doing traditional super-hero-realism (to coin a super-akward phrase). I get why Marvel continues to revisit the comedic well with Jen, it worked out for them when Byrne & Slott were doing it. Still, the Jen, I love, is Jen the ass-kicking, super-hero. If she wants to crack a joke while she's busting heads, that's ok with me.

At some point it would be soooo much fun if Marvel would hire Kelly Sue DeConnick or Kathryn Immonen to do a She-Hulk solo. It would be nice to see a women writer's take on She-Hulk's sexuality. I hate how so many of the guy writers either "slut-shame" Jen, or titter like 9 year olds over her sex life. Jen's super-smart, & super-sexy, & super-powerful, she should be afforded the respect she's earned without forever being the butt of dumb-ass, adolescent "slut" jokes.
    You should really read Soule's first few issues. Jen is treated with the utmost respect and while the art is cartoony the subject matter doesn't play the story for jokes. There is humor in the book, but it never feels like it has to stretch too far to find it.

It's what I'd call a balanced take on She-Hulk.

Astonishing Member

Two more pages from issue 5:

I don't get people calling the art of this book ugly.
    It might not be for you, but how can you possible call this ugly?
    And I like when artist play with perspective like in these latest preview pages. That panel with Patsy and Tigra on the scaffolding is great.

that art in the previews is some of the worst art i've seen in a big 2 comic, that's how i can call it ugly.

it's wrose than Pulido or Mafood or Alred all of whom i don't like to varying degrees.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    that art in the previews is some of the worst art i've seen in a big 2 comic, that's how i can call it ugly.

it's wrose than Pulido or Mafood or Alred all of whom i don't like to varying degrees.
    Are you sure you've read many Big Two books in your life time, as I'm sure there is a lot more Big Two art that's objectively worse than what Wimberly's doing there.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 06-03-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Thought that may have been the Shocker but seeing the gauntlets confirms it! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Are you sure you've read many Big Two books in your life time, as I'm sure there is a lot more Big Two art that's objectively worse than what Wimberly's doing there.
    seen a lot of art from a lot of books from a lot of artists. this is the worst.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

The art is not the best.