Page 124 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3725

Hmm well what i am curious about is how the inevitable meeting between her and Barton plays out, because we all saw that it happened with Cho where both were a mess at the end because despite how much Cho wanted to hurt Barton he knew that wasn't what Banner would have wanted and Barton doesn't really know what to do with himself in the wake of what he did. So that makes me curious what Jen will do when it is her time face the man who killed her family member regardless of the asinine reasons Bendis gave us in CW2.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Soooo.......we should just buy every She-Hulk run, regardless of how we feel about it?
    Frankly if we did she'd sell better... Instead of pre hating something....

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    If I remember correctly, Angie was still helping with Jen's open cases, we still don't know what happened to her since Jen woke up from her coma.
    She vanished from the narrative, having presumably lost her job. Any remaining open cases were probably sent to the firm Jen has just returned to, who were a former employer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She vanished from the narrative, having presumably lost her job. Any remaining open cases were probably sent to the firm Jen has just returned to, who were a former employer.
    One thing I hate about "New Directions": Writers today seem to be unwilling to pick up threads or reuse characters from previous runs.... I'm still waiting for news/return of Jen's gal pal Jazinda the Skrull....

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Frankly if we did she'd sell better... Instead of pre hating something....
    She WOULD sell better. And Marvel would get the impression that they can do any ol' thing with She-Hulk and be assured that her loyal-to-a-fault fanbase would be right there ready to eat it up, no matter the actual quality.

And it isn't pre-hating. They've been advertising this new direction for months. Not one thing in those advertisements convinced me that I would like this story or be willing to spend my money on it. I have no interest in dark, brooding, rage-monster She-Hulk, regardless of how "justified" the change might be. "Justified" is in quotes because as far as I'm concerned, Civil War II was a terrible story and nothing that happened in it should be considered canon. So pitching this story to me as "Jen deals with the fallout of CW II by raging out and losing everything likeable about her until she gets herself together who-knows-how-long from now" is not going to appeal to me in any way.

If it turns out the book has more to it than the advertising campaign led us to believe? Well, that's just too bad. Maybe that should've been included in your sales pitch, Marvel. Sure, if I start to hear that the book is going to be way different than the advertising suggested, I may just give it a look. But right now? I see no reason to give this book a chance since they failed to hook my interest in any way during the "Hey! Check out this new book! We think you'll like it" phase.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Soooo.......we should just buy every She-Hulk run, regardless of how we feel about it?
    Of course not. I mean, I will because she is my favorite character and I find the new direction interesting, but you should not buy something you genuinely do not like just because a character/writer you like is in it. That being said, I do not understand why people do not try something by their favorite creators/heroes before either criticizing it or completely writing it off. I dunno, perhaps I am just too optimistic for my own good!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Peter David made the (correct) observation that She Hulk doesn't sustain an audience because everyone has their own She Hulk in their heads.... making it nearly impossible for a writer to cater to a stable audience. With fans like us....
    This is a sticking point that some of us who came from the old She-Hulk message board (like comicfan298 and myself) discussed, that since we don't have a united fanbase, there will always be a significant segment that makes their voices loud enough for She-Hulk's writers to hear. Slott, David, and lately Soule, they've all heard from the fans, in some cases vociferously, and sometimes they let out how they feel about it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Best chance I hope is that Hellcat ties up some loose ends. As for the new (they have not appeared in anybooks prior to this) former employer Jen must of worked for them after GLKH&B and since they are helping superhumans (GLKH&B did it first.) but before PL which she quit.

One thing I hate about "New Directions": Writers today seem to be unwilling to pick up threads or reuse characters from previous runs.... I'm still waiting for news/return of Jen's gal pal Jazinda the Skrull....
    It can be annyoing, with Angie appearing in other books with Jen I thought she might of made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This is a sticking point that some of us who came from the old She-Hulk message board (like comicfan298 and myself) discussed, that since we don't have a united fanbase, there will always be a significant segment that makes their voices loud enough for She-Hulk's writers to hear. Slott, David, and lately Soule, they've all heard from the fans, in some cases vociferously, and sometimes they let out how they feel about it.
    The She-Hulk message board talk about difference of opinions.
    Last edited by comicfan298; 12-30-2016 at 03:38 PM.

I picked it up today (Seems to be selling well, at least here in a small corner of the UK...) and I really enjoyed it. More so then I expected in fact! The writer has captured Jen's voice well, given the big change in approach. I thought the whole 'trauma' aspect was dealt with really well and truthfully, plus the use of the cooking videos to calm her inner beast was good. I suffered form some mental health issues a while back so I can see why its a good strategy. Looking forward to actually seeing her new Hulk form in the flesh. Was impressed by the art too, another reason why I am looking forward to her Hulking out.

I suppose if I have one complaint, its that the blurb at the start says something like "She-Hulk is no more now its just HULK!" which was a little annoying. I can see why they perhaps want to rename her, but I do not think her being renamed as simply 'Hulk' will really work out in the long run. I dunno. That said I have little doubt that this new 'damaged' version of Shulkie is just temporary, so we will just see how it goes.

Anyway, really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to seeing how the story progresses.

Was that BEFORE Secret Invasion? I fear the All-New All-Different 3D Man (Triathlon) may have mopped her up, he was going around assassinating skrulls, even taking out an up and coming superhero (Crusader) who turned out to be a defector and not part of the enemy army.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-30-2016 at 05:18 PM.

All-New Member

I'm happy CWII's finally over. I think BMB lost out on some story opportunities by putting She-Hulk in a coma. (Truth be told, I think he just did it so he wouldn't have to deal with her after Bruce's death.)

The first issue isn't much to go on, but I'm enjoying it so far. She-Hulk has been through A Terrible Thing, and she cannot be expected to pick up where she left off. I didn't see it as brooding, but rather, being desperate to get things back to normal. I think anyone who has been through a trauma of sorts can identify with that struggle. A stranger accosting me at my front door wanting to talk about the bad thing that happened to me? I'd be pissed off too.

I think it helps having a writer who's a woman. (Has there ever been one before for her? Aside from A-Force?) I think women have a more sensitive touch when it comes to dealing with characters in trauma, whereas men tend to go the brooding route, and make characters unemotional and hardened in response to a trauma. (Of course, this is not a blanket statement on all male writers, just what I've noticed.)

All that being said, I am intrigued, and totally suspicious of the old lady.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I was part of that board when he said it...

Mighty Member

Marvel could've put "The Savage She-Hulk" title back on the book.

While its a shame Bendis didn't do anything but with Jen in the last issue of CWII, I love that close up we get of her on the final few pages. She is all raged-up in her new Hulk form, but with a tear running down her eye. Just makes me want to hug her and say everything's going to be alright...

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Marvel could've put "The Savage She-Hulk" title back on the book.
    That would have been good. Would prefer it then just 'Hulk' which is the only thing I dislike about her new status.

BANNED

I'm not sure how I feel after the first one. Maybe it'll grow on me.