Page 128 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Apologies if someone had pointed this out, but it seems like Cho has taken over Jen's former "I'm a Hulk and loving it" attitude, so now it's Jen's turn to be the "unstable, angry" Hulk...

What happened to Betty "Red Shulk" Ross anyway? I liked when she was running around with Machine Man but I lost track of her since then...
    I rather have Jen over Cho any day Oh heck I take red hulks back over cho.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Must admit I am not that keen on Cho, more as a character then a Hulk. He just seems a bit to arrogant for my liking...

Yeah. Cho is definitely a well-written character, and I appreciate him for that, but he's pretty unappealing as a person. Though, I guess most people like hot-headed male protagonists.

But yes, Jen >>>>>

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Yep.

I do not give a crap about Amadeus Cho. Never have. And I don't like seeing him as "the happy Hulk" while Jen is the miserable and violent one.

This is another reason to fear for Jen's future. Marvel has a history of taking cool things from her and giving them to other characters. Jen was breaking the Fourth Wall looooong before Deadpool ever was. Then the writers abandoned that for her. THEN Deadpool came along, picked up the Fourth Wall-breaking ball, and ran away with it. Now he's got a movie franchise built on this tendency of his, and Jen can't even appear in movies.

Now? Jen's abandoning her status as the happy Hulk and another character has already picked up THAT ball and run away with it. The longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Marvel will eventually just forget about writing Jen any other way.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep.

I do not give a crap about Amadeus Cho. Never have. And I don't like seeing him as "the happy Hulk" while Jen is the miserable and violent one.

This is another reason to fear for Jen's future. Marvel has a history of taking cool things from her and giving them to other characters. Jen was breaking the Fourth Wall looooong before Deadpool ever was. Then the writers abandoned that for her. THEN Deadpool came along, picked up the Fourth Wall-breaking ball, and ran away with it. Now he's got a movie franchise built on this tendency of his, and Jen can't even appear in movies.

Now? Jen's abandoning her status as the happy Hulk and another character has already picked up THAT ball and run away with it. The longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Marvel will eventually just forget about writing Jen any other way.
    I dunno. While I see what you mean about Jen-Deadpool braking the wall, much of Jens current 'anger' state comes from the specific events of CWII. I find it kinda hard to see how they will keep her in that state grief over the next few years etc. I suppose they could try and explain it away, but reading comments from Mariko makes it seems like the series aim is to have Jen deal with her trauma experience, rather then let it consume her.

Eh, I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I dunno. While I see what you mean about Jen-Deadpool braking the wall, much of Jens current 'anger' state comes from the specific events of CWII. I find it kinda hard to see how they will keep her in that state grief over the next few years etc. I suppose they could try and explain it away, but reading comments from Mariko makes it seems like the series aim is to have Jen deal with her trauma experience, rather then let it consume her.

Eh, I guess we will just have to wait and see!
    If the book sells well, especially if it sells better than some of her previous runs, Marvel could easily interpret that as proof that "Angry Jen" is more popular than "Happy Jen." That'll be all the excuse they need to keep her angry for the foreseeable future. If the post-CW II stuff runs its course, they'll find other excuses to keep her angry. Or they may not even bother explaining it. Even after getting over her current issues, she could just decide she likes being the angry, violent Hulk and keep it up.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    If the book sells well, especially if it sells better than some of her previous runs, Marvel could easily interpret that as proof that "Angry Jen" is more popular than "Happy Jen." That'll be all the excuse they need to keep her angry for the foreseeable future. If the post-CW II stuff runs its course, they'll find other excuses to keep her angry. Or they may not even bother explaining it. Even after getting over her current issues, she could just decide she likes being the angry, violent Hulk and keep it up.
    I suppose they could. We will just have to wait and see I guess. I mean, Superior Spider-Man turned out to be successful but they still turned him back to Peter in time. We are also dealing with a story which deals with the real-world theme of PTSD (One of the great things about #1 that I and other have said is how realistic they are portraying Jen's mental issues) so I am not sure how willing the writer or Marvel will be to prolong that suffering or cheapen the seriousness of the situation.

As I said, we will just have to wait and see. I suppose it will be a while until we know just how good the sales of the series are. Critically it seems to be getting good praise.
    Last edited by Valamist; 01-07-2017 at 09:20 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I posted this over on the Civil War II discussion, but I would like to hear from the other She-Hulk fans on this.

I agreed with others over there that the comic should have been about Captain Marvel Vs. She-Hulk at the end, or at the very least, there should have been a stronger confrontation. Jen, in a way, was one of the biggest victims or people who got screwed over by the visions.

1. Jen got knocked into a coma during the Thanos fight
    2. Her final words before slipping into her coma were ones of encouragement to Carol "It's our future, Carol. Not his. Fight for it" and Carol went with them. Combine those words from a friend to her boyfriend's death, those really lit a fire under Carol and she went all in.
    3. Jen's cousin is killed because of the visions after misinterpreting them and handling the situation completely wrong.
    4. Hawkeye killed Bruce on completely flimsy reasoning and got away with it. Carol also states in court that killing Bruce was the right thing to do. So in a way, Jen has two friends betray her trust, especially Carol.
    5. Jen now has rage and emotional issues, barely able to keep control of herself anymore.

The final pages of this comic should not have been Carol meeting with Hawkeye or the president nor should we have gotten those full-page visions. Those pages should have been reserved for Carol having to face Jen, whether it be a fight or just sitting down and talking, explaining herself and where things went completely wrong. It would have meant a lot more and have been a stronger finish for the event than what we got.

As fans, do you agree that there should have been more with Jen at the end?

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Absolutely! With Bendis at the helm, Jen will always get the short end of the stick. I think it speaks volumes when readers can come up with better endings to CW II than what was published. Perhaps Jen's confrontation with Carol will happen down the road in the new She-Hulk *EXCUSE ME* Hulk title.

With regards to Betty, it would be cool if she found a way to "re-hulk" to help Jen out.
    THE RED SHE-HULK MUST RETURN!

I posted this over on the Civil War II discussion, but I would like to hear from the other She-Hulk fans on this.

I agreed with others over there that the comic should have been about Captain Marvel Vs. She-Hulk at the end, or at the very least, there should have been a stronger confrontation. Jen, in a way, was one of the biggest victims or people who got screwed over by the visions.

1. Jen got knocked into a coma during the Thanos fight
    2. Her final words before slipping into her coma were ones of encouragement to Carol "It's our future, Carol. Not his. Fight for it" and Carol went with them. Combine those words from a friend to her boyfriend's death, those really lit a fire under Carol and she went all in.
    3. Jen's cousin is killed because of the visions after misinterpreting them and handling the situation completely wrong.
    4. Hawkeye killed Bruce on completely flimsy reasoning and got away with it. Carol also states in court that killing Bruce was the right thing to do. So in a way, Jen has two friends betray her trust, especially Carol.
    5. Jen now has rage and emotional issues, barely able to keep control of herself anymore.

The final pages of this comic should not have been Carol meeting with Hawkeye or the president nor should we have gotten those full-page visions. Those pages should have been reserved for Carol having to face Jen, whether it be a fight or just sitting down and talking, explaining herself and where things went completely wrong. It would have meant a lot more and have been a stronger finish for the event than what we got.

As someone rightful pointed out over there how much did that all tie in to plot at the end? Absolutely nothing. I wasn't surprised that Jen wasn't important to plot but more mad that they hype her as being it and wasting her Rhondney Bruce Banner, Thanos as plot devices. People wonder why I lack optimism in comics. Its stuff like this. Jen could have been not coma but been injured for a few months or weeks come back in second half with issue 4 as the one battle carol. Then oh hell could have had her in coma by carol and wake up for new Hulk series anyway. Hawkeye showed up in the comic? Really that is how we are going with the end? No confrontation with She-Hulk? I was not surprised but I was hoping bendis prove me wrong but marvel proved me right and barley her had appear in the issue. Her one panel barley counts as a appearance. Whole thing with Jen too is like tony agreed with her so that makes the story even more confusing and stupid. At lest if it was Jen made sense because they had actually difference of opinion on the whole thing.

Combine those words from a friend to her As fans, do you agree that there should have been more with Jen at the end?
    100% agree. I really would have loved it if She-Hulk had a bigger role to play. In they end they really wasted an opportunity her. I was sure after Carol talked to Jen when she woke up, a huge fight scene would erupt as She-Hulk made a Carol-shaped hole in the side of the Triskelion. Truth is we never see her again after that moment! Such a let down...

2. Her final words before slipping into her coma were ones of encouragement to Carol "It's our future, Carol. Not his. Fight for it" and Carol went with them.
    Interesting note, I do not think Jen was talking about fighting Tony. I think she was talking about against the Ulysses and most specifically the visions. I think an issue of A-Force actually bought up the idea that no one really knew what Jen meant by those words. #0 makes it clear that in the long run She-Hulk would not stand for what Carol did. She states how if we consider thought crimes as real, then we lose what makes us free. Its another reason why I think the event should be have been her Vs Carol.

I whole hearteadly agree, Civil War II would have been the perfect opportunity to showcase Jen as an A-List player in the story. I was so disappointed that they had solely focused on Iron Man vs Capt. Marvel because Jen is a woman of the law, in her eyes, justice must be observed without bias. I was getting that vibe at the begining of the story, then we got this mess. The pitch for Civil War II would have been interesting when Jen loses not because of her cause, but because of emotions, her passion. Mixed with what fuels the power of the hulks, you could say emotional overload from betrayal and society's fear of hulks. The war may have impacted the superhero community, but it impacted the Hulks the most (this would have perfectly reset/rekindle the powerful symbolism of the namesake perfectly). Not to downplay, but the X-men and Inhumans got their own dedicated series. Bendis is overworked and Marvel needs to slow down, give us quality stories instead of the quantity.
    Last edited by elementalist; 01-08-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Whatever happened to Jennifer Walters? I mean Jennifer's human form? When was the last time that she appeared in human form as I don't even remember what she looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by elementalist View Post
    I whole hearteadly agree, Civil War II would have been the perfect opportunity to showcase Jen as an A-List player in the story. I was so disappointed that they had solely focused on Iron Man vs Capt. Marvel because Jen is a woman of the law, in her eyes, justice must be observed without bias. I was getting that vibe at the begining of the story, then we got this mess. The pitch for Civil War II would have been interesting when Jen loses not because of her cause, but because of emotions, her passion. Mixed with what fuels the power of the hulks, you could say emotional overload from betrayal and society's fear of hulks. The war may have impacted the superhero community, but it impacted the Hulks the most (this would have perfectly reset/rekindle the powerful symbolism of the namesake perfectly). Not to downplay, but the X-men and Inhumans got their own dedicated series. Bendis is overworked and Marvel needs to slow down, give us quality stories instead of the quantity.
    They are not going to because that is how to keep sales going. Events and relaunches. They care about quick boosts rather quality. Just look we Monsters Unleashed and Inhumans vs X-Men and already announced Secret Empire. Watch this current book sales or not will around issue 12. If it does well another new Hulk #1 follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Whatever happened to Jennifer Walters? I mean Jennifer's human form? When was the last time that she appeared in human form as I don't even remember what she looks like?
    First issue of her new series she's Jen throughout.

Speaking of which, finally picked it up and found myself enjoying it. While I'm definitely on the pro happy Jen side, this wasn't nearly as dark as I was worried it might be. Jen's problems are legitimate and she's been through some trauma, but she's still the same character I love.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!