Page 172 of 249 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3725
    Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Thanks Valamist!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Fun little article I found on twitter:
    http://www.player.one/we-need-she-hulk-movie-101436
    She-Hulk would definitely stand out with Captain America in the MCU for not trying to redeem him/herself for something she did in the past, her dual personalities, her work place and supporting cast, etc. Her power uniqueness, on the other hand, with super strength might be diluted by the time her movie comes out with Lady Sif, Valkyrie, the henchwoman from Deadpool, Jessica Johns, and all the Wonder Woman/Captain Marvel appearances from here to then. Nevertheless I await for the day Jennifer enters the MCU no matter how long Universal holds onto the rights.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Finally got sent a review copy of Hulk #8 (what's with the no previews of this book at all lately?). I can't talk about specifics, but I will say there was improvements with the writing. I'll get into details later though.

Fantastic Member

Much better art too. Best issue so far

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    Reading the most recent She-Hulk series has gotten me interested in her again. It's a slow burn, but very interesting. I've kind of been curious about checking out Dan Slott's run as well, since everyone has praised it up and down.
    I wished that Slott had made Jennifer Walters a supporting character during his run on Amazing Spider-Man and she and Peter would have some interesting stories together...

Totally liked this week's issue too. Art was a huge improvement, can't wait for next one

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Totally liked this week's issue too. Art was a huge improvement, can't wait for next one
    I found issues with the art, but it was an improvement... and just in time to switch out artists. So much for consistency.

I still stand by that things are going way to easy for this trauma angle. It's like the first arc really didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I found issues with the art, but it was an improvement... and just in time to switch out artists. So much for consistency.

I still stand by that things are going way to easy for this trauma angle. It's like the first arc really didn't matter.
    If its going to easy do you think setting up for what looks to return of She-Hulk in October? Could be marvel legacy made her speed up things. Which is a good thing you ask me.
    I will say this writing little gotten more in line to jen should have been in first arc but still so many issues. I just wish this was more the way series written from start but still so many issues with the way jen and hulk form been written been not explained. Things that just be explained by trauma that don't make sense. Like what is up with the scars? That going to bother for a long time if doesn't get explained.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

The series continues to be a mixed bag for me with #8.

What I liked:
    Bradley continues to be a good supporting character with some revealed connections.
    I feel bad for what's happening to Oliver and Warren.
    Art is a step up from last issue, I really like Warren's concerned/angry facial expression in one panel.
    Jen is willing to turn into her Hulk form more, allowing herself to feel mad, anger, and rage again.

Disliked:
    Disappointed by Oli's rageout last issue as at the beginning of this issue he is in a more human state. I guess Warren calmed Oliver down but that could have been cool to see that and fleshed out their relationship more.
    The sound technician makes a dumb mistake of not even wearing protective gloves to clean up/check the set.
    Some of the dialogue was odd, e.g. Jennifer saying out loud that she is female to the sound tech, Marla, or that Jen says Marla said that it just her and two camera men but there was another guy helping Marla restrain Warren from heading to Oliver during his monstering up. My No prize attempt would be that other guy has the same powers of the X-Man, ForgetMeNot.
    How Jen and Bradley figured out who did it, especially if Oliver has devoted fans who could have copied the video as the internet does and they did just watched a gif of Oli's transformation, but to be fair a lot of detective stories have the detective make jump the gun connections.

Overall each time I start warming up to the current run there's another thing that leaves me indifferent to it. One of my biggest problem of Jen not accepting her Hulk form has been dealt with so I've been enjoying this run more since the last issue but its not there yet, I hope to enjoy Tamaki's writing for She-Hulk in the future.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Fun little article I found on twitter:
    http://www.player.one/we-need-she-hulk-movie-101436
    All I can say to this article is RIGHT ON!

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    All I can say to this article is RIGHT ON!
    I've wanted one for ages for so many reasons. Sadly, Marvel barely has the rights to Hulk himself, and very much not She-Hulk or Hulk's classic enemies. Marvel can play with Hulk less than it can play with Spider-Man. In some ways, it makes movie studios look like kids who say someone else can't play in their tree house.

Hulk #7 sits at 103 for sales with a little over 25k.

And outselling Cho.

Fantastic Member

god that's poor! and you guys are ok with this?!

those are cancellation numbers!

you want this book at the very least to be at 50,000 ordered. or more!

I'm a she-hulk nut I own her orginal series and byrne & slott and I'm still waiting for her to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post

god that's poor! and you guys are ok with this?!

those are cancellation numbers!

you want this book at the very least to be at 50,000 ordered. or more!

I'm a she-hulk nut I own her orginal series and byrne & slott and I'm still waiting for her to come back.
    I don't know about that with cancellation numbers. I mean America Chavez is selling worse than Nova did at cancellation and yet it's somehow solicited for Legacy. Hulk is doing much better than that.

I'm an old She Hulk Fan from way back when she first appeared. I've got mixed feelings about this new series though. The writing and art are far better then the previous series, but I always liked She-Hulk because she was fun and adventurous. This new incarnation is just depressing and ugly (the story, not her). I'm sticking with it for now, but I really miss the old Shulkie.