Page 177 of 249 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3725

The art in the first half of the issue is some of the best Jen's had in a book dedicated to her in a long time. The second half was okay but the artist change was noticeable and it wasn't for the better.

That being said, the issue is confusing as hell until you realize said first half of the issue is an interquel, taking place before Jen's hulkout in the previous issue. It's a sign of Tamaki's inexperience with monthly superhero serials and while the scenes themselves were okay the fact that happened in the first place reeks of amateur mistake. She clearly has talent, but this was something an editor should have caught and helped prevent this from happening in the first place. Also, the issue felt like a bunch of puzzle pieces being hastily put into place, you can literally hear the Marvel boss yelling at her to hurry it up.

I have the sinking feeling that the trauma is going to be pushed to the side more and more, and not in a natural way, in order to get Jen back to where she was, at least somewhat, in time for Legacy.
    Last edited by macattack; 08-09-2017 at 11:28 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

This sounds like a poorly written mess. I would like to add my own thoughts to this, but Marvel just flat out didn't send us review copies this time.

Also, reporting from Islands of Adventure Orlando. Checking out the Marvel section of the park, I'm sad to report a lack of She Hulk (And mostly all female character) merchandise available. Her new series trade was available, but that was it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Brian Cronin's Down To Hulk: 15 Hulks You Want To Smash. Some pictures are borderline NSFW.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Naturally, I'm going to go with Rogue Hulk since she's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    This sounds like a poorly written mess.
    That's cuz it is. It is insultingly bad.

The best She-Hulk around at the moment = https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...ale_Dokkan.jpg
    Last edited by Yagamifire; 08-10-2017 at 08:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamifire View Post
    Who cares if it is a mess as long as I get my representation! That's all I care about!

(...Not really)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    She-Hulk Vol. 1: Deconstructed came out and well, you know, Amazon reviews are always something. Don't know what I was expecting... strangely rated lower than Ghost Rider: Four on the Floor.
    Dude, even America has better rates and reviews than Jen's book. If you can learn anything from it, is that the world is crazily subjective.

(Well, at least it's nice to see Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye getting an overwhelmingly positive response almost everywhere, as it should)

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Dude, even America has better rates and reviews than Jen's book. If you can learn anything from it, is that the world is crazily subjective.

(Well, at least it's nice to see Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye getting an overwhelmingly positive response almost everywhere, as it should)
    Well She-Hulk has invested fans that care about her. America has far fewer of those. No one really cares.

Besides that...what's worse? A book that is so overwhelmingly awful that it's hilariously bad? Or a book where nothing happens and it's crushingly dull? At least you can marvel at the perverse horror that is America. She-Hulk doesn't even give us that modicum of joy.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Issue number 9 bewildered me. In issue 8, Jen and Bradley figure out it was the 2 cameramen before they got a call from Warren, but the current issue has Jen saying the men who drugged Oliver instead of their names, Warren says their names, and Bradley repeats their names with an exclamation mark, making me think it was some kind of revelation, when it wasn't. Maybe Jen just wanted to use what they did instead who they are and Bradley is so angry with them he's saying their names in a hateful tone, but why repeat their names instead of saying "I hate those guys" or something.
    We get three separate scenes explaining that Oliver cares about his appearance with the kid scene, cuter than Julia Child remark, and the car scene with Bradley and Warren and this probably is the reason why he doesn't want people to see him this way and thusly avoids getting real help. My problem with this (besides not needing that many reminders) is Warren has been texting/calling Oliver to almost the end of the issue and doesn't say to him (She-)Hulk is helping out, she, as a superhero, can either pull some strings and keep your appearance hidden as possible when you go to a regular hospital or go a superhero base with medical facilities to keep the treatment a secret. Oliver has already been out in daylight to see Ray, Steve, and their supplier.
    The scene that Jen turns into the Hulk is now at night instead of the day/sunset from last issue.
    The antidote changes from orange triangular shape to orange and black oval cylinders.
    Hulk has her eyes closed when trying to intimidatingly get in someone's face making for a funny panel in a tense scene.
    This Hulk persona is completely in Jen's control, she even references herself as a lawyer, meaning this Hulk doesn't identify as a new Hulk personality but as Jennifer Walters.
    The worst of it is: Why is Jen letting Ray and Steve off easy with threatening them to shut down the website or else instead of either taking them in or calling the authorities? They drugged a man without his consent for their own profit, did nothing to help him of their own accord, and thusly responsible for the damage from Oliver's freakouts that he couldn't have cause if he hadn't had the strength empowering drug.

There are a few moments I did enjoy such as Warren and Bradley's car scene, I would keep out of the three reminders.
    I liked the descriptions of the places, the setting feels like they have more character with them, when they were there.
    Jen and Pasty's conversation was cute.

I would group this issue with #6 as the worst of the series so far. It's harder to care for a book that has this amount of mistakes in it that is also going at this slow and backtracking pace.

Really seems like I missed a bad issue this time. Oh well, I'll catch up and hopefully, maybe, Marvel will send a review copy next time.

Well She-Hulk has invested fans that care about her. America has far fewer of those. No one really cares.

Besides that...what's worse? A book that is so overwhelmingly awful that it's hilariously bad? Or a book where nothing happens and it's crushingly dull? At least you can marvel at the perverse horror that is America. She-Hulk doesn't even give us that modicum of joy.
    Well the reviews of America are for the first issue. For some reason, Amazon is attaching those user reviews to the trade for some reason.

Screw it. Decided to check out my friend's digital copy. It's... a tale of bad writing mechanics and tonal dissonance. This story is not edited and structured well and while both artists are very good, they don't work together and one doesn't work at all for the type of story this comic is trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Brian Cronin's Down To Hulk: 15 Hulks You Want To Smash. Some pictures are borderline NSFW.
    Not a bad list, I know its mostly AR Jennifer's. Though I thought Red She-Hulk would be higher since her gamma template was based on Jennifer's. Also with the inclusion of Rogue, they could of added other temporay Hulks example from Hulked out heroes like Storm or Carol and Monica.

The best She-Hulk around at the moment = https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...ale_Dokkan.jpg
    Haha, clearly Toriyama watched Avengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJiuJpar3dI the best part starts at 1:20

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Not a bad list, I know its mostly AR Jennifer's. Though I thought Red She-Hulk would be higher since her gamma template was based on Jennifer's. Also with the inclusion of Rogue, they could of added other temporay Hulks example from Hulked out heroes like Storm or Carol and Monica.

I would like more Storm and She Hulk team-ups. I feel like the two of them would be a formidable team.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Finally managed to get my She-Hulk to T2 in Marvel Future Fight! They have also just added Titania into the game, who I am leveling up now (5* at the mo. Waiting for a 6* ticket). She has a Team Up bonus with She-Hulk (Called "Ongoing Rivalry") so I plan to make a team with them!

DHEo9GTWsAAa7En.jpg large.jpg

I... I like America... not as much as She-Hulk mind, but I still think its a decent book... in its own weird way... perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Issue number 9 bewildered me. In issue 8, Jen and Bradley figure out it was the 2 cameramen before they got a call from Warren, but the current issue has Jen saying the men who drugged Oliver instead of their names, Warren says their names, and Bradley repeats their names with an exclamation mark, making me think it was some kind of revelation, when it wasn't. Maybe Jen just wanted to use what they did instead who they are and Bradley is so angry with them he's saying their names in a hateful tone, but why repeat their names instead of saying "I hate those guys" or something.
    We get three separate scenes explaining that Oliver cares about his appearance with the kid scene, cuter than Julia Child remark, and the car scene with Bradley and Warren and this probably is the reason why he doesn't want people to see him this way and thusly avoids getting real help. My problem with this (besides not needing that many reminders) is Warren has been texting/calling Oliver to almost the end of the issue and doesn't say to him (She-)Hulk is helping out, she, as a superhero, can either pull some strings and keep your appearance hidden as possible when you go to a regular hospital or go a superhero base with medical facilities to keep the treatment a secret. Oliver has already been out in daylight to see Ray, Steve, and their supplier.
    The scene that Jen turns into the Hulk is now at night instead of the day/sunset from last issue.
    The antidote changes from orange triangular shape to orange and black oval cylinders.
    Hulk has her eyes closed when trying to intimidatingly get in someone's face making for a funny panel in a tense scene.
    This Hulk persona is completely in Jen's control, she even references herself as a lawyer, meaning this Hulk doesn't identify as a new Hulk personality but as Jennifer Walters.
    The worst of it is: Why is Jen letting Ray and Steve off easy with threatening them to shut down the website or else instead of either taking them in or calling the authorities? They drugged a man without his consent for their own profit, did nothing to help him of their own accord, and thusly responsible for the damage from Oliver's freakouts that he couldn't have cause if he hadn't had the strength empowering drug.

There are a few moments I did enjoy such as Warren and Bradley's car scene, I would keep out of the three reminders.
    I liked the descriptions of the places, the setting feels like they have more character with them, when they were there.
    Jen and Pasty's conversation was cute.

I would group this issue with #6 as the worst of the series so far. It's harder to care for a book that has this amount of mistakes in it that is also going at this slow and backtracking pace.
    For the most part have to agree. I would say its the weakest issue so far. This arc started off very well, but its strong to feel a little lazy. That said I really liked the art, I think its the best Jen's new 'Hulk' has looked, and I still enjoyed it overall. I hope the next arc (Legacy?) picks it up. Tamaki is a good writer, most of the time.
    Last edited by Valamist; 08-12-2017 at 07:15 PM.