Page 188 of 249 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    So I just read The Mighty Thor #700, and while I liked it overall, I was not happy with how Jen is portrayed. She is basically a bland version of Banner-Hulk. Her fights basically just have her shouting 'Eat puny hammer!' and 'Hate puny Thor!' (although get s a nice line about how she is 'broken' inside before going full stereotypical Hulk) The biggest issue I had was the motivation for Jen having to fight Thor. Was it Loki up to mischief? A classic misunderstanding between superheroes? No, the reason is Jen for some reason had a random blackout, woke in a fit-like state of anger, transformed and just started smashing everything in her path. That's it. Further more, her dialog after she transforms back to her human form seems to hint that this type of thing keeps happening... which is not what we have seen in her solo book, where she is broken yes but seems to have much more control and intelligence in her Hulk form then shown here.

I suppose it is nice to see Jen outside of her own book for once but... this was a very poor way to portray her. Oh, and I loath this line from Thor to Jen... " They used to call you She-Hulk yes? Aye, I would still be angry about that as well..."
    I was afraid She was going to be portrayed that way considering the preview. Same way she portrayed in daredevil more savage then in her actual book. Like no one reading the book at marvel. There always felt like disconnect anyway between the way Mariko portrayed what the form will be interviews and in the book.
    I groan at that line. I thought marvel was moving away from stupid stuff like this in their books. Why I am not surprised. There is nothing wrong with being called She-Hulk.

She-Hulk solicit for January.

SHE-HULK #161

MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • JAHNOY LINDSAY (A)
    Cover by RAHZZAH
    Avengers Variant Cover by MIKE PERKINS

JEN WALTERS MUST DIE Part 3
    Kidnapped by a deranged fan – who also happens to be in cahoots with Jen’s oldest enemy, THE LEADER? You call it LEGACY, Jen calls it Monday. Is it the worst thing that’s ever happened to Jen? Maybe not. But Jen’s about to lose control and everything is about to get way worse.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Why are they trying to push the Leader as a She-Hulk enemy? Her oldest enemy is technically Nicholas Trask.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

So I just read The Mighty Thor #700, and while I liked it overall, I was not happy with how Jen is portrayed. She is basically a bland version of Banner-Hulk. Her fights basically just have her shouting 'Eat puny hammer!' and 'Hate puny Thor!' (although get s a nice line about how she is 'broken' inside before going full stereotypical Hulk) The biggest issue I had was the motivation for Jen having to fight Thor. Was it Loki up to mischief? A classic misunderstanding between superheroes? No, the reason is Jen for some reason had a random blackout, woke in a fit-like state of anger, transformed and just started smashing everything in her path. That's it. Further more, her dialog after she transforms back to her human form seems to hint that this type of thing keeps happening... which is not what we have seen in her solo book, where she is broken yes but seems to have much more control and intelligence in her Hulk form then shown here.

I suppose it is nice to see Jen outside of her own book for once but... this was a very poor way to portray her. Oh, and I loath this line from Thor to Jen... " They used to call you She-Hulk yes? Aye, I would still be angry about that as well..."
    Wow. So basically it's confirmed: the current crop of writers, editors, and artists at Marvel HATE Jen and consider her an embarrassment that they intend to "fix" by capping all over everything about her that made her who she was.

Yep. Looks like I won't be ending my She Hulk boycott anytime soon.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

She-Hulk is one of my favorite characters and I just don't like the way she is being handled currently.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

That's true! And I forget to mention it, but I liked the art and how her Hulk-form was portrayed too... just not keen on her characterization.
    never thought that She Hulk is this strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Why are they trying to push the Leader as a She-Hulk enemy? Her oldest enemy is technically Nicholas Trask.
    Maybe Tamaki wants to save off the inevitable Titania fight (has she not shown up yet) ?

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

That sounds more like Cho Hulk, where he blacks out and unconsciously loses control. I wonder if there is a connection or if it was a mistake confusing the two Hulks. Either way that sounds disappointing to be so disconnected from Jen's portrayal in her solo. Its so weird, I enjoy Jason Aaron's Thor run but so far he is 0 for 3 in writing some of my top favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yeah, Leader being Jen's oldest enemy is factual wrong unless they're planning to do a recon, which I hope not. I can remember She-Hulk dealing with the Leader in the second half of Slott's work, but can't remember right now other times when those two opposed each other. I'm sure there are more examples but Jennifer took a stand against Trask and his gang even before she was the Savage She-Hulk.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Titania hasn't showed up yet. Although if she does pop up I hope she found a way to keep the power-up she got from the Hood in that short lived Illuminati series to give this She-Hulk a proper fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Yeah, Leader being Jen's oldest enemy is factual wrong unless they're planning to do a recon, which I hope not. I can remember She-Hulk dealing with the Leader in the second half of Slott's work, but can't remember right now other times when those two opposed each other. I'm sure there are more examples but Jennifer took a stand against Trask and his gang even before she was the Savage She-Hulk.
    Everyone seems to forget he used to be Bruce's Archenemy .

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Tamaki wants to save off the inevitable Titania fight (has she not shown up yet) ?
    I think she should show up at the series end as sort of a representation that Jen has finally recovered and back to normal, doing things she use to do.

art by Magickmarker

Heh, Legion is DC, so she shouldn't logically know about them. Breaking the fourth wall was kinda her thing though.

Astonishing Member

Well it is a whole fourth wall break regardless and technically correct since the Claremont created X-Men were originally meant to be from the Legion of Superheroes or related time and just changed/finalized for use on the X-Men when he came to Marvel. Or was it just Nightcrawler? I thought others like Colossus and even Ororo were from that unused pitch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Titania hasn't showed up yet. Although if she does pop up I hope she found a way to keep the power-up she got from the Hood in that short lived Illuminati series to give this She-Hulk a proper fight.
    I wanna see them fight over the hammer of Skirn. I loved using Jen as Skirn in Avengers Alliance. It'd be neat to see a main universe version.