Page 196 of 249 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3725

is the current series based in NYC or los angeles?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is the current series based in NYC or los angeles?
    NYC, comics state that she lives in Brooklyn.

Has anyone read Savage She-Hulk here? I read the series quite a few years ago but I got the first Masterworks volume for Christmas so I've decided to reread it.

Something that bugs me about the current She-Hulk is that they never refer back to the Savage days. Jill was She-Hulk's best friend and is barely ever mentioned again after her death (I know she got a bit of closure in Sensational She-Hulk, but I feel like Jen would still think about her). Shulkie's "deconstruction" would've worked better if Jill and Jen's mom and the other people she's lost over the years were also impacting her, not just Bruce. But I wouldn't be surprised if Mariko Tamaki never read an older She-Hulk issue since her run has so far been completely different from what we've seen in the past.

Another title cancelled right after getting a Legacy renumbering. I'm sure they knew beforehand the book wasn't going to last, why bother renumbering?
    It's not like Marvel waited to see if Legacy had a lasting impact on sales...

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Has anyone read Savage She-Hulk here? I read the series quite a few years ago but I got the first Masterworks volume for Christmas so I've decided to reread it.

Something that bugs me about the current She-Hulk is that they never refer back to the Savage days. Jill was She-Hulk's best friend and is barely ever mentioned again after her death (I know she got a bit of closure in Sensational She-Hulk, but I feel like Jen would still think about her). Shulkie's "deconstruction" would've worked better if Jill and Jen's mom and the other people she's lost over the years were also impacting her, not just Bruce. But I wouldn't be surprised if Mariko Tamaki never read an older She-Hulk issue since her run has so far been completely different from what we've seen in the past.
    I've read the black and white collection of Savage She-Hulk. That kinda bugs me too how Jen never thinks about how she gained control of her savage side from her initial hulked out days or the other times she's lost control to help herself now. Jill and her mom idea I'm not sure about as I feel she dealt with their deaths already but they would scale up the trauma if Bruce's death made her reflect on all of her losses and superhero betrayals, that the focus was more than the one event but the tragic events throughout her life. But I would like to see flashbacks of how Jen and Jill became best friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Well, that's disappointing. At least Tamaki made Shulkie emotionally better than the series started for future *sigh* guest appearances, hopefully Jen is put back on an Avengers/F4/Defenders team soon if a solo rebranding, the Sensational She-Hulk, is out of the question. I wonder if this is the reason why Jen's mood change has felt rushed from the previous arch to the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Another title cancelled right after getting a Legacy renumbering. I'm sure they knew beforehand the book wasn't going to last, why bother renumbering?
    It's not like Marvel waited to see if Legacy had a lasting impact on sales...
    Don't forget the EIC change may have something to do with all this.

I wish I could say I'm upset that She-Hulk got cancelled, but I'm hoping that Marvel has plans for her to return to her (green) roots.

I'm not surprised to hear this. I was at first hopeful that perhaps the She-Hulk title would continue on just under a new team, but it seems like her solo is gone... for the moment, at least. I would be very surprised if this book did not end with Jen somehow returning to normal. I just hope that she continues to pop up in the MU, and dose not just disappear (Hm... I wonder, whats the longest amount of time She-Hulk was MIA?)

A random thought... I wonder if this, Hawkeye, America etc have been canned so they could all be in a A-Force return?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I'm not surprised to hear this. I was at first hopeful that perhaps the She-Hulk title would continue on just under a new team, but it seems like her solo is gone... for the moment, at least. I would be very surprised if this book did not end with Jen somehow returning to normal. I just hope that she continues to pop up in the MU, and dose not just disappear (Hm... I wonder, whats the longest amount of time She-Hulk was MIA?)

A random thought... I wonder if this, Hawkeye, America etc have been canned so they could all be in a A-Force return?
    A-force would be a welcome return!

So Tom Brevoort just did a bit of a Q&A on Twitter, and I asked him if we still see She-Hulk in the MU after her book ends. He replied saying...

"I can, but no specifics just yet. She won’t be hard to find throughout 2918 even without her own title."

No, thats not a typo from me. He then replied saying...

"Or 2018 for that matter!"

So it looks like She-Hulk should still be around in 2018 even without a solo... team book perhaps? (A-Force!?) Oh, and it seems that in 900 years she will not have a solo, but still be around... so, umm, yay!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Well, I guess i know when I'll write that article. What a disappointing and underwhelming run. :/

Fantastic Member

oh thank God! this book was trash from the start...

Jen was portrayed so out of character she was unrecognizable!

the art was terrible and never was the best fit for a supposed action book starring a hulk!

the writer new very little of Jen. the writer wrote the book like she either never read a comic book or doesn't like comics... or didn't care...

Sadly, I didn't really enjoy this title either. I do hope for more Shulkie in the future.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why? They could've just changed the creative team.